Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Plane Spotting

Plane Spotting

Old Dec 7th 2006, 1:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Dogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond repute
Default Plane Spotting

No I'm not a complete geek but I am interested in all to do with aircraft in general. I suppose it was started in my childhood going to the local railway station collecting the numbers of the trains travelling through Mcr to London Euston.(it was the thing to do in my childhood)then I went to live on the flightpath into Mcr with the aircraft being 250 ft above the house.I went from trains to planes.Anyone interested over there in the US, is there an interest over there, as there is here in the UK.
Old Dec 7th 2006, 1:42 pm
In the pink

Mallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Plane Spotting

Originally Posted by Dogbyte
No I'm not a complete geek but I am interested in all to do with aircraft in general. I suppose it was started in my childhood going to the local railway station collecting the numbers of the trains travelling through Mcr to London Euston.(it was the thing to do in my childhood)then I went to live on the flightpath into Mcr with the aircraft being 250 ft above the house.I went from trains to planes.Anyone interested over there in the US, is there an interest over there, as there is here in the UK.

Don't know anything about planes, but my brother and I spent many an hour trainspotting on a little stone bridge on a country lane. It was the line between Gloucester and South Wales. Probably in the same years that you were spotting! It was so much fun. Nothing like the sound of that signal suddenly clicking!
Old Dec 7th 2006, 2:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Dogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mallory
Don't know anything about planes, but my brother and I spent many an hour trainspotting on a little stone bridge on a country lane. It was the line between Gloucester and South Wales. Probably in the same years that you were spotting! It was so much fun. Nothing like the sound of that signal suddenly clicking!
Or finding a railway bridge and running through the steam as the train passed underneath.the drivers sometimes even blew the whistle at that moment and frightnened us to death ! The simple fun of it all !!
Old Dec 7th 2006, 3:03 pm
who turned out the light?

Irn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond repute

Do you actually collect numbers from the planes?
My husband LOVES planes of course as he works in the industry he keeps telling me everything he does is for his job but he doesn't take numbers down.
Old Dec 7th 2006, 3:09 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by irnbru4u
Do you actually collect numbers from the planes?
My husband LOVES planes of course as he works in the industry he keeps telling me everything he does is for his job but he doesn't take numbers down.

I've seen a few here and there over the years at airports in the US, with notebooks and binoculars.
Old Dec 7th 2006, 3:11 pm

Irn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cindyabs
I've seen a few here and there over the years at airports in the US, with notebooks and binoculars.
It fascinates me just don't understand it, my husbands old boss was one and took out his notebook when sitting next to my OH in the plane to jot down all the numbers he passed
OH just noticed my 2000 post Or should I be sad that I spend so much time here
Old Dec 7th 2006, 3:13 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mallory

My DH is or rather was (not so easy in the US) an avid trainspotter. Every once in a while there is an ad in the paper for Engineers etc with an area line and he gets this faroff look in his eyes and a ghost of a smile on his lips. I keep thinking it's a prelude to nookie. Well that's how much I know.
Old Dec 7th 2006, 3:14 pm
Sursum corda

Originally Posted by irnbru4u
It fascinates me just don't understand it, my husbands old boss was one and took out his notebook when sitting next to my OH in the plane to jot down all the numbers he passed
OH just noticed my 2000 post Or should I be sad that I spend so much time here

2000 posts in 2 years-Nah, you're not an addict.
Old Dec 7th 2006, 3:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

tony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond repute

My Brother is an avid plane spotter. Has a book on world airlines with the markings etc etc. He spends hours listening to pilots talking to Air Traffic Control as they leave and arrive into London. He lives near Bath and is on the flight path for all points west. Knows the call signs as well.
Old Dec 7th 2006, 3:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

I love any aircraft, especially the old military types; where I live, we have a small airfield nearby that put on a show earlier this year. I don't think there's any airshow display laws as we had old jets coming over and doing maneuvers "just above" the rooftops.
Old Dec 7th 2006, 3:25 pm

Originally Posted by cindyabs
2000 posts in 2 years-Nah, you're not an addict.
Thanks but for the 1st year I think I only posted one!
Old Dec 7th 2006, 4:30 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Plane spotters ..your kidding ...
Rushman does ........
Old Dec 7th 2006, 4:47 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Dogbyte, I used to go and have a few pints regularly at the Airport hotel on Ringway Road and just watch them land.
I am a member of www.airliners.net which is a cracking forum if aviation is your thing.
Old Dec 7th 2006, 4:55 pm

Originally Posted by Manc
www.airliners.net which is a cracking forum if aviation is your thing.
Why my OH is never on here as it's where my he spends his time.
Old Dec 7th 2006, 4:58 pm
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Originally Posted by Ray
Plane spotters ..your kidding ...
Rushman does ........
Yeah...about as much as you make home made jam.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.