Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Pittsburgh PA

Pittsburgh PA

Old Feb 25th 2009, 2:43 am
Taunton, Somerset to PA

mikehope has much to be proud ofmikehope has much to be proud ofmikehope has much to be proud ofmikehope has much to be proud ofmikehope has much to be proud ofmikehope has much to be proud ofmikehope has much to be proud ofmikehope has much to be proud ofmikehope has much to be proud ofmikehope has much to be proud ofmikehope has much to be proud of
Default Pittsburgh PA

Am I the only Brit on here living near Pittsburgh PA?
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 11:32 pm
Who?

jumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pittsburgh PA

Originally Posted by mikehope
I'm here...so there's at least two of us. I think the rest are hiding.
Old Mar 4th 2009, 1:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Bill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jumping doris
I'm here...so there's at least two of us. I think the rest are hiding.
Speaking of hiding, you haven't posted since December!
Old Mar 4th 2009, 2:04 pm
Who?

jumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bill_S
Speaking of hiding, you haven't posted since December!
I was working. A couple of temporary jobs and they have ended now so I have nothing to do all day
Old Mar 13th 2009, 9:39 am
UNFORGIVABLE

YoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by jumping doris
I was working. A couple of temporary jobs and they have ended now so I have nothing to do all day
Any of you been to Erie ?? That where I'm at
Old Mar 13th 2009, 10:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Vimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond repute

I went to Erie once with work, it was only for 24 hours, when I arrived in the evening the snow was up to my ankles, the next morning it was up my shins, when I left the plant it was over my knees (I am 6'2"). I was never so pleased to make it to the airport and see that my plane was on time.
How do you survive up there YoungSteve its miserable
Old Mar 13th 2009, 10:55 am
UNFORGIVABLE

YoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of light

I dont have much of a choice.

I hate winters here , growing up in England didn't prepare me for Erie weather. At least the summers are better here than back in England
Old Mar 13th 2009, 3:06 pm
now I know my J,C,B's

Paul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by YoungSteve17
only ever passing through, mainly on our way to the Allegheny Forest
Old Mar 13th 2009, 4:50 pm
Who?

Originally Posted by YoungSteve17
Yes. My daughter is at college in Edinboro (PA) so we are often up that way.
Old Feb 11th 2010, 10:48 pm
Just Joined

kinggreene is an unknown quantity at this point

i live in castle shannon, been here 4 years, i'm from the city of bath.
Old Feb 11th 2010, 11:18 pm
Taunton, Somerset to PA

mikehope has much to be proud ofmikehope has much to be proud ofmikehope has much to be proud ofmikehope has much to be proud ofmikehope has much to be proud ofmikehope has much to be proud ofmikehope has much to be proud ofmikehope has much to be proud ofmikehope has much to be proud ofmikehope has much to be proud ofmikehope has much to be proud of

I love Bath, there was a wonderfull sausage shop there!, Im from Taunton in Somerset.
Old Feb 12th 2010, 1:21 am
Just Joined

kinggreene is an unknown quantity at this point

I love Bath, there was a wonderfull sausage shop there!, Im from Taunton in Somerset.
i think the sausage shop is in greene st up the top of the shops near the post office, i used to go to the camera shop there.

never been to taunton, been close but never been
colin
Old Jun 1st 2010, 3:51 pm
gt1
Just Joined

gt1 is an unknown quantity at this point

I am English and lived in Pittsburgh for 3 years. I found that Piper's Pub on the southside is a great place to watch European football especially the premiership and is a good place to meet British expats.

Hope this helps.