Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Pipe Dreams Of Living In The States - Read This!

Wikiposts

Pipe Dreams Of Living In The States - Read This!

Old Jan 16th 2012, 3:10 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pipe Dreams Of Living In The States - Read This!

Originally Posted by lansbury
That's because most of the long term posters didn't have the foresight to get arrested for a CIMT or numerous CIMTs before applying for their visa.
I'd take a guess that some of them just didn't get caught!
Old Jan 16th 2012, 3:50 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tinman0
Sorry, but I've been on plenty of forums over the years, and BE (the US section at least) is hugely unfriendly. The FAQs are one thing, but if all the answers are in the FAQ - what's the point of the forum?
Its a good starting point for most people and if one can't show they can be bothered to even do the least bit of research on their own, why should they expect anyone else to? Plenty of people help on their own time, for free, but it's much easier if someone has done a little reading so they at least understand what kind of questions they should be asking.

As for the nit picking, it isn't just mods, it's everyone and it's correcting things that are wrong, even if something happened to someone as a perception.
Old Jan 16th 2012, 3:51 am
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
Its a good starting point for most people and if one can't show they can be bothered to even do the least bit of research on their own, why should they expect anyone else to? Plenty of people help on their own time, for free, but it's much easier if someone has done a little reading so they at least understand what kind of questions they should be asking.

As for the nit picking, it isn't just mods, it's everyone and it's correcting things that are wrong, even if something happened to someone as a perception.
Just wait until Eb and I catch him making a spelling mistake in TIO
Old Jan 16th 2012, 4:37 am

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fatbrit
I'd take a guess that some of them just didn't get caught!
I was being kind to our longer term members