Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Photos of my Fiance and I

Photos of my Fiance and I

Old Aug 19th 2002, 12:51 pm
U.K/U.S.A.

Joanne Knight will become famous soon enoughJoanne Knight will become famous soon enough
Default Photos of my Fiance and I

Hi all,

I have 1 photo of my Fiance and I when I arived in Chicago in February and also 1 photo from a Digital Camera that was printed up. It is good quality but will it be acceptable to show the officer at the U.S. Embassy in London when I have my interview?

Thanks.

Joanne.
Old Aug 19th 2002, 12:57 pm
U.K/U.S.A.

Joanne Knight will become famous soon enoughJoanne Knight will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Photos of my Fiance and I

I am sorry if my posts have annoyed anyone at all. I am so nervous about the Fiance visa process at the moment. I am terrified about something going wrong and them not letting me go live with my Fiance in the U.S. I have everything I need for the interview to show them. I have no convictions, I am in good health, I have all the documents needed and photocopies for them. They are working on my Fiance's side of the visa at the Texas Service Center right now. It should be a week or so they told him for the 2nd NOA then it should get to London. I hope I dont have to wait to long for the interview.

Sorry about my worrying.

Joanne.

Originally posted by Joanne Knight:
Hi all,

I have 1 photo of my Fiance and I when I arived in Chicago in February and also 1 photo from a Digital Camera that was printed up. It is good quality but will it be acceptable to show the officer at the U.S. Embassy in London when I have my interview?

Thanks.

Joanne.
Old Aug 19th 2002, 1:44 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

I am sorry if my posts have annoyed anyone at all.
Sorry about my worrying.

Joanne.
Why are you apologizing and why do you think you have to? Hey if someone is too lazy to look in their phone book for the nearest RCMP office to their home, you should not be concerned about offending someone with a legitimate question about the acceptability of a digital photograph.

As to your question, Jim and I only submitted one photograph for the I-129F/K-1. It was the one and only one that we had and we encountered no problems with approval of the I-129F and it was not asked for at the US Consulate.

From reading experience there are only a few US Consulates that will ask for these, i.e. US Consulates in India. If you look at posts filed after interviews in Canada and the U.K. for instance you will see that no one was asked for proof or photographs. If you are using another US Consulate, then bring what you have and whatever proof you have to supplement your "having met/relationship" file.

Rete
Old Aug 19th 2002, 2:05 pm
U.K/U.S.A.

Rete,

Thank you so much for reassuring me, I feel a lot calmer and a bit more confident now

I guess, I just didnt want to sound like a moaner and whinge all the time.

Thank you so much.

Best wishes,

Joanne Knight

Originally posted by Rete:

Why are you apologizing and why do you think you have to? Hey if someone is too lazy to look in their phone book for the nearest RCMP office to their home, you should not be concerned about offending someone with a legitimate question about the acceptability of a digital photograph.

As to your question, Jim and I only submitted one photograph for the I-129F/K-1. It was the one and only one that we had and we encountered no problems with approval of the I-129F and it was not asked for at the US Consulate.

From reading experience there are only a few US Consulates that will ask for these, i.e. US Consulates in India. If you look at posts filed after interviews in Canada and the U.K. for instance you will see that no one was asked for proof or photographs. If you are using another US Consulate, then bring what you have and whatever proof you have to supplement your "having met/relationship" file.

Rete
Old Aug 19th 2002, 2:18 pm
Forum Regular

Sioneva is just really niceSioneva is just really niceSioneva is just really niceSioneva is just really niceSioneva is just really niceSioneva is just really niceSioneva is just really niceSioneva is just really nice

The only photograph that I had available to submit with the I-129f was taken with a digital camera, and we were approved through TSC, so I think it should be fine. Just fyi, our timeline was:

July 11: Date of 2nd NOA from TSC
July 18: Packet 3 mailed to London (he got the packet probably the 15th or 16th)
September 9: Interview date in London (keep your fingers crossed!)
Old Aug 19th 2002, 2:26 pm
U.K/U.S.A.

Congrats Sioneva on what seems to be a quick processing of your visa paperwork so far.

I am hoping that it wont be too long for the Embassy to give me a date for my interview. In Texas they are currently working on my Fiance's 2nd NOA

Thanks for your reassurance about the photo.

Best wishes,

Joanne.

Originally posted by Sioneva:
The only photograph that I had available to submit with the I-129f was taken with a digital camera, and we were approved through TSC, so I think it should be fine. Just fyi, our timeline was:

July 11: Date of 2nd NOA from TSC
July 18: Packet 3 mailed to London (he got the packet probably the 15th or 16th)
September 9: Interview date in London (keep your fingers crossed!)
Old Aug 19th 2002, 4:58 pm
Bob Autrey

Hey folks, Just thought I'd tell y'all a little story. My fiance, who lives in
Rostov-on-don, Russia, went through the K-1 visa application process starting about
three years ago (with another fellow). His petition for her visa opportunity was
approved, and she was interviewed. She was told that the visa was approved, but she
would have to return with additional photos of the two of them together. The reason
given? Digital Photos! He was going to have to return to Russia, and either couldn't
or wouldn't?

I'd be very careful about trying to use digital photos. Apparently they sailed
through his service center with the petition, but the consulate wouldn't accept them.
Possibly things have changed since that time, but we didn't take any chances. Even
thought I traveled to Russia with a very high resolution digital camera we still took
lots of "film" photos just to be safe.

Bob

> Congrats Sioneva on what seems to be a quick processing of your visa
    > paperwork so far.
    > I am hoping that it wont be too long for the Embassy to give me a date for my
    > interview. In Texas they are currently working on my Fiance's 2nd NOA
    > Thanks for your reassurance about the photo.
    > Best wishes,
    > Joanne.
    > Originally posted by Sioneva:
    >> The only photograph that I had available to submit with the I-129f was taken with
    >> a digital camera, and we were approved through TSC, so I think it should be fine.
    >> Just fyi, our timeline was:
    >> July 11: Date of 2nd NOA from TSC July 18: Packet 3 mailed to London (he got the
    >> packet probably the 15th or 16th)
    > September 9: Interview date in London (keep your fingers crossed!)
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Aug 20th 2002, 1:01 am
Saifullah Khan Ghori

Joanne, Our petition was approved today(Aug 19). We only sent 2 photographs of us
together. One infront of a landmark in her town, another infront of a landmark in my
town. Best of luck, Saba and Saif.

Joanne Knight <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
    > Hi all,
    > I have 1 photo of my Fiance and I when I arived in Chicago in February and also 1
    > photo from a Digital Camera that was printed up. It is good quality but will it be
    > acceptable to show the officer at the U.S. Embassy in London when I have my
    > interview?
    > Thanks.
    > Joanne.

Old Aug 20th 2002, 1:52 am
Paul

I think at the UK (London) embassy you could bring a few sketch and they'll waive you
through (don't mind me I just love how it's so easy there)

Old Aug 20th 2002, 4:05 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

.... I am so nervous about the Fiance visa process at the moment. I am terrified about something going wrong and them not letting me go live with my Fiance in the U.S. ....

Sorry about my worrying.

Joanne.
I went through the London embassy last year to get my visa and they had no interest in seeing photos of me and my wife, though I had several with me.

There is no need to worry if you have done everything by the book, are hiding nothing and don't come from the Asia, the Middle East or Eastern Europe (then you would get a more thorough grilling).

The main reason for the in-depth review of applications is to weed out bogus applications, which are primarily going to be from those people who are going to the US for economic reasons. It is quite clear, whether those from Asia, Eastern Europe and the Middle East like it or not, that it is always going to be easier for a white West European to get a US visa than those from elsewhere because there is much less economic motive to seek to enter the US

Don't worry, you'll walk it!

Last edited by Pulaski; Aug 20th 2002 at 4:08 am.
Old Aug 20th 2002, 9:24 am
U.K/U.S.A.

Thank you so much to you all for your kind words and reassuring me. I am so confident now. I have everything I need in place for the big, interview day now I love reading about all your experience with the Embassy.

Best wishes,

Joanne.

Originally posted by Pulaski:

I went through the London embassy last year to get my visa and they had no interest in seeing photos of me and my wife, though I had several with me.

There is no need to worry if you have done everything by the book, are hiding nothing and don't come from the Asia, the Middle East or Eastern Europe (then you would get a more thorough grilling).

The main reason for the in-depth review of applications is to weed out bogus applications, which are primarily going to be from those people who are going to the US for economic reasons. It is quite clear, whether those from Asia, Eastern Europe and the Middle East like it or not, that it is always going to be easier for a white West European to get a US visa than those from elsewhere because there is much less economic motive to seek to enter the US

Don't worry, you'll walk it!
Old Aug 20th 2002, 10:30 am
BE Forum Addict

rogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud of

Originally posted by Paul:
I think at the UK (London) embassy you could bring a few sketch and they'll waive you
through (don't mind me I just love how it's so easy there)

Paul,
It's getting a bit boring, every time I look at a thread there's you moaning about how easy it is in London and Canada.
People on here have tried to be sympathetic and supportive
to you, and yet you've "gatecrashed" this thread with another whinge.

If it makes you feel any better, I had 2 RFE's at my interview in London and had to go back 10 days later with the details they requested.
When I went back I assumed it would be simple, I'd just present the two "bits of evidence" and get my visa.
WRONG......I had to go through the whole interview again and
the guy was even more stringent than the first interview.
he actually got out a calculator and went through the affadavit
again (which he had not done the first time) I was crapping
myself. Even then he referred my case to his boss, who explained to him why he'd accepted me at the first interview,
subject to the 2 RFE's
I appreciate, in your case really it should be just a matter of time, because of the delays, before your lady gets her visa.
In mt case it could have been more serious, and I could have been refused.
So get this thing out of your head that in London they just throw visas at anyone who turns up at the door saying "Gissa
a Visa, mate"
I haven't seen my wife for nearly 4 months.
One thing I do appreciate, obviously, is the sheer size of Russia and unless your lady lives in Moscow it can be very difficult I'm sure.
But Hey, get off our backs, we're trying to support you.