Pet's Fee

Old Feb 20th 2007, 12:09 am

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Pet's Fee

Holy Crap

I just took Puss to the Vet's and they said that he needs to have his teeth cleaned? never had a cat's teeth cleaned before is this a US thing? Well I am going to have it done because I would hate to think he was in pain.

Rushie is going to have a field day on this one, they told me that it is going to cost $175 plus an extra $85 for the blood test if I want it and the heart monitor? Holy Crapper that's $270 bucks to clean the cat's teeth

The OH reckons that I am wacked paying this and that cat's teeth clean themselves?

Any thoughts am I getting ripped off the cat is 4 years old.

Poppy.
Old Feb 20th 2007, 12:12 am
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Pet's Fee

Originally Posted by Poppy girl View Post
Holy Crap

I just took Puss to the Vet's and they said that he needs to have his teeth cleaned? never had a cat's teeth cleaned before is this a US thing? Well I am going to have it done because I would hate to think he was in pain.

Rushie is going to have a field day on this one, they told me that it is going to cost $175 plus an extra $85 for the blood test if I want it and the heart monitor? Holy Crapper that's $270 bucks to clean the cat's teeth

The OH reckons that I am wacked paying this and that cat's teeth clean themselves?

Poppy.

up to you poppy but my two 11yr old pussies have only had their teeth cleaned twice since they turned 7. persians are known for having poor gums and that's the only reason i had them done.
Old Feb 20th 2007, 12:14 am

anabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond repute

Holy Crap

Poppy.

I have a friend that took her cat to the vet last week and was told that her cat needs I don't know what work done in her mouth and it's going to cost $890

Cannot cats get their teeth clean by biting on special things like dogs do?
Old Feb 20th 2007, 12:14 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

your getting ripped off, but then vet fee's are stupidly huge around here...
Old Feb 20th 2007, 1:20 am
thanks for all the fish !

Richardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud of

Holy Crap

Poppy.
If you have an electric tooth brush with a spare "end" you can DIY... that's all they do at the vets ! If you want you could bring em round and I'll do it... $200 bucks for 3 minutes work !
Old Feb 20th 2007, 1:25 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Holy Crap

Poppy.
I know someone who take's their dog to the doggy orthodontist.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Feb 20th 2007 at 1:37 am.
Old Feb 20th 2007, 2:15 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Either clean them yourself or give Puss cat treats that will do the job for you. I have had cats all my life and they have lived well into their teens and never had their teeth cleaned.

Holy Crap

Poppy.
Old Feb 20th 2007, 2:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Scouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond repute

Holy Crap

Poppy.
My two female cats are 9 years old. I cannot recall having their teeth cleaned at all.

However, we give them crunchy treats on a regular basis as well as soft ones. They appreciate the extra attention and the treats seem to do the job.

Their teeth are as white and as healthy can be.

Incidentally, they still have all of their claws, too. I couldn't bear to put them through that awful task of having their nails ripped out

Jim.
Old Feb 20th 2007, 2:47 am
Position - Offside

Location: Harvest, Alabama from Newport Pagnell, Bucks/Mitcham, Surrey
Lynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond repute

Holy Crap

Poppy.

My older cat has had her teeth cleaned once but that was because she broke one and had to have it removed so they cleaned the remaining ones at the same time. The baby, well we are hoping to avoid the expense by cleaning them ourselves. We do it once a week and she actually comes running now when she sees the toothbrush. The fee for blood tests I would question. My vet only did that to our cat because the cat was over 7 years old.
Old Feb 20th 2007, 3:46 am
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

Originally Posted by Rete View Post
Either clean them yourself or give Puss cat treats that will do the job for you. I have had cats all my life and they have lived well into their teens and never had their teeth cleaned.
I think you were swopped at birth or something! An American who doesn't have their pet's teeth cleaned?
Old Feb 20th 2007, 3:53 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Box of bullets can be had for under $10 .......
Old Feb 20th 2007, 3:58 am

anabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray View Post
Box of bullets can be had for under $10 .......

The coyotes are a cheaper option..
Old Feb 20th 2007, 4:12 am
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

Originally Posted by anabella View Post
The coyotes are a cheaper option..
Oh, that's cold....poor babies
Old Feb 20th 2007, 4:55 am
Bugger Off!

Silly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond repute

OM-******-G!!! It is a cat for god sake!!! Who the hell cares!??!!? Does it hunt for food? Does it go out on dates? Does it need shiny clean healthy teeth? No. Of course not. A fool and his/her money are easily parted. Send the money to some charity and save a starving baby. Give it to a bum on the street or just go and pee it up the wall in some crappy bar. Most importantly of all though, get a grip!!!!

Some people on here have more money than sense. I almost wish I were a pampered cat. How about this for a thread - My mail adopted 3 month old son in Africa has AIDS. Is three quid a month too much to pay to keep him alive? Pathetic thread. I am disgusted. Flame away and good luck to the moggy.
Old Feb 20th 2007, 4:56 am
Bugger Off!

Silly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Silly Sod View Post
OM-******-G!!! It is a cat for god sake!!! Who the hell cares!??!!? Does it hunt for food? Does it go out on dates? Does it need shiny clean healthy teeth? No. Of course not. A fool and his/her money are easily parted. Send the money to some charity and save a starving baby. Give it to a bum on the street or just go and pee it up the wall in some crappy bar. Most importantly of all though, get a grip!!!!

Some people on here have more money than sense. I almost wish I were a pampered cat. How about this for a thread - My mail adopted 3 month old son in Africa has AIDS. Is three quid a month too much to pay to keep him alive? Pathetic thread. I am disgusted. Flame away and good luck to the moggy.
BTW - is fe ckin a swear word?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.