Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

People have short memories

People have short memories

Old Jun 19th 2013, 4:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: People have short memories

Originally Posted by Pulaski
I understand the point, and my natural inclination is to think that the government should stay the he11 out of my business. However when I stop and think about what is important to me, and what would really impact the lives of my family and me, I really am prepared to give up a lot of my notional freedoms if the government security agencies can prevent more terrorist attacks. And I guess a lot of other people would too. .... Honestly, would it really matter if the government was listening to your phone calls? I don't think so.
I don't know. Some folks going to the Occupy Wall St had their phone and internet activity spied on in the guise of "domestic terrorism" when all they wanted to do was peacefully protest and have the right to assembly.

Anyway, that little bit of rabble rousing was nicely stamped out, wasn't it?
Old Jun 19th 2013, 4:54 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mrs Danvers
..... Anyway, that little bit of rabble rousing was nicely stamped out, wasn't it?
Thankfully, yes, it was.
Old Jun 21st 2013, 1:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Mrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond repute

Thankfully, yes, it was.
Mmm, and I see that the other thread on this issue was turned into a debate on the USPS. Oh. You're in that too.
Old Jun 21st 2013, 4:38 am
Account Closed

Uncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond repute

Is that enough?
Have you considered moving to China?
Old Jun 21st 2013, 10:16 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Uncle_Bob
Have you considered moving to China?
No, I like it here, thanks! ..... and the list was mostly things that would have negligible or zero impact on me anyway.
Old Jun 21st 2013, 10:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Ichigo-chan is just really niceIchigo-chan is just really niceIchigo-chan is just really niceIchigo-chan is just really niceIchigo-chan is just really niceIchigo-chan is just really niceIchigo-chan is just really niceIchigo-chan is just really niceIchigo-chan is just really niceIchigo-chan is just really niceIchigo-chan is just really nice

I understand the point, and my natural inclination is to think that the government should stay the he11 out of my business. However when I stop and think about what is important to me, and what would really impact the lives of my family and me, I really am prepared to give up a lot of my notional freedoms if the government security agencies can prevent more terrorist attacks. And I guess a lot of other people would too. .... Honestly, would it really matter if the government was listening to your phone calls? I don't think so.
yes, it would matter!

would you be prepared to pay higher taxes so that the government can pay money to sub contractors to buy high tech ware to listen to your calls?
Old Jun 21st 2013, 10:25 am

Listen to "my" calls? No, at least not specifically, but to have the capability to listen to calls of the Boston bombers, the 9/11 gang, etc., yeah, absolutely I would!
Old Jun 21st 2013, 10:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Ichigo-chan is just really niceIchigo-chan is just really niceIchigo-chan is just really niceIchigo-chan is just really niceIchigo-chan is just really niceIchigo-chan is just really niceIchigo-chan is just really niceIchigo-chan is just really niceIchigo-chan is just really niceIchigo-chan is just really niceIchigo-chan is just really nice

Listen to "my" calls? No, at least not specifically, but to have the capability to listen to calls of the Boston bombers, the 9/11 gang, etc., yeah, absolutely I would!
You would have loved the Cold War and Joe McCarthy!
Old Jun 21st 2013, 11:05 am

Originally Posted by Ichigo-chan
You would have loved the Cold War and Joe McCarthy!
Old Jun 21st 2013, 11:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Old Jun 24th 2013, 5:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Like I've said before, vacuous knob ends...............