Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

It pays to be an old fart and shop around

It pays to be an old fart and shop around

Old Jun 25th 2010, 10:48 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute
Default It pays to be an old fart and shop around

We have just saved $823 a year by changing our house and auto insurance from Farmers to AARP insurance with The Hartford and with slightly better cover.

Pays to be a doddering old git at times
Old Jun 25th 2010, 11:11 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: It pays to be an old fart and shop around

Originally Posted by lansbury
We have just saved $823 a year by changing our house and auto insurance from Farmers to AARP insurance with The Hartford and with slightly better cover.

You've posted in the wrong forum you doddering old git. Use the money you've saved for an eye test and glasses.
Old Jun 26th 2010, 12:04 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
You've posted in the wrong forum you doddering old git. Use the money you've saved for an eye test and glasses.
Corrected.

Rene
Old Jun 26th 2010, 1:22 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck.

I hope your eye sight holds up ok and you don't make any mistakes with your payments. We used them for a while and after a while I signed up for direct debit and somewhere along the line my bank account number was incorrectly put into the system. I didn't know until they canceled my policy by saying I had insufficent funds and apparantly it was my fault.

First of all they took the number off a voided check I sent them, so it was not my mistake. Secondly the money they were trying to debit was not mine as it wasn't my bank account. I even had a 3 way call with Hartford and my bank.
The Hartford rep was really really rude, and would not listen to either my bank or me . Two days later her supervisor called to apologize and to re-instate us. I declined. I don't rate their customer service at all
Old Jun 26th 2010, 3:51 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Way to go!

Welcome to mailing list HELL though.
Old Jun 26th 2010, 6:04 am

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
That was probably too much wine rather than the glasses, where did I post it I thought it was in the USA forum. Oh well never mind hope I can see better at the Sheriffs
shooting range tomorrow.
Old Jun 26th 2010, 6:06 am

Originally Posted by meauxna
Welcome to mailing list HELL though.
I thought that might be the case, small price to pay for such a saving, the shredder will just have to work harder.
Old Jun 26th 2010, 12:50 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

That was probably too much wine rather than the glasses, where did I post it I thought it was in the USA forum. Oh well never mind hope I can see better at the Sheriffs
shooting range tomorrow.
It was in the Immigration forum. Hope you haven't got a hangover this morning.
Old Jun 26th 2010, 2:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Zonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond repute

I found Hartford excellent for our two cars. I have a 12 month policy with them and I pay more or less the same as I did for a 6 month policy with other insurance companies. House quote wasn't too good though.

Last edited by Zonie; Jun 26th 2010 at 3:00 pm. Reason: grammar
Old Jun 26th 2010, 4:14 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

shooting range tomorrow.

Hey! Take it easy with your shoulder.
Old Jun 26th 2010, 4:18 pm

Originally Posted by Zonie
I found Hartford excellent for our two cars. I have a 12 month policy with them and I pay more or less the same as I did for a 6 month policy with other insurance companies. House quote wasn't too good though.
We saved a year $636 on the car insurance and $187 on the house insurance and for the car insurance Hartford usage and mileage cover is better.
Old Jun 26th 2010, 4:24 pm

Originally Posted by meauxna

Hey! Take it easy with your shoulder.
It's alright it is only the light weight "toy" gun on the computer scenarios they have, no way I can use the real thing yet, neck muscles still a long way from back to normal.
Old Jul 1st 2010, 11:49 am
Just Joined

timothy.tran is an unknown quantity at this point

I switched my home and car insurance to The Hartford when I joined AARP a few years ago. Their rates looked much better at the time, but after I made a fender bender claim last year, I saw their service was very good too.
Old Jul 1st 2010, 3:58 pm

Originally Posted by timothy.tran
I switched my home and car insurance to The Hartford when I joined AARP a few years ago. Their rates looked much better at the time, but after I made a fender bender claim last year, I saw their service was very good too.
That's always good to knew, you do wonder if service suffers to get the costs down.
Old Jul 1st 2010, 4:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Zonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond repute

That's always good to knew, you do wonder if service suffers to get the costs down.
Not always. They could be more efficient and they do target older drivers, who we know are much safer.
Attached Thumbnails It pays to be an old fart and shop around-old_driver.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.