Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Pay as you go mobile

Pay as you go mobile

Old Jan 9th 2005, 5:02 pm
Bishop John MightBe

MightBe has a reputation beyond reputeMightBe has a reputation beyond reputeMightBe has a reputation beyond reputeMightBe has a reputation beyond reputeMightBe has a reputation beyond reputeMightBe has a reputation beyond reputeMightBe has a reputation beyond reputeMightBe has a reputation beyond reputeMightBe has a reputation beyond reputeMightBe has a reputation beyond reputeMightBe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pay as you go mobile

Cell phones are tools of the Devil...Be blessed
Old Jan 9th 2005, 5:11 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MightBe
So, which communication device would Jesus use?
Old Jan 9th 2005, 5:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

tony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MightBe
Obviously a personal opinion to which you are entitled but they are also a blessing to people in so many ways.
Old Jan 11th 2005, 10:27 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fatbrit
Try this one: tracfone. Buy 'em @ Wally World.
I had one, and the service was great for what it was, ..... But they can't guarantee that you can keep your number if you buy a new (Trac)fone to replace an old (Trac)fone. That became a major irritation for me and I transferred to a "contract" cell phone service so that I could keep my number - and ironically I was able to transfer my Tracfone number to my new service provider even though Tracfone couldn't guarantee that I could keep my number when switching phones.
Old Jan 11th 2005, 2:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

jjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dan725
It's a shame if you can't get T-Mobile in your area, it works exactly the same as the Virgin phone, but instead of $20 every three months, its $20 every yer, they've just changed this policy as of November when I bought mine. Same thing with the credit stacking as well, unused minutes are carried over next time you credit it.

It'd be well worth checking the T-Mobile website for coverage,

http://www.tmobile.com/locator.asp?r...ass%3Dcoverage

Edit: I don't think they have coverage in NC and SC.....shame, thats the only problem with the T-Mobile network at the minute

Editi Again: If you look at the coverage map though http://www.t-mobile.com/coverage/Default.asp it seems that NC and most of SC are well covered!

Just looked at the T mobile site and according to the rates plan page, you have to add more than $20 a yr to your phone

http://www.t-mobile.com/prepaid/rates.asp

Pity as I saw that as possible phone plan for my youngest daughter. Even with the $20 every 90 days with virgin mobile, she manage to end up with a $50+ balance before I transferred it to eldest daughter.
Old Jan 11th 2005, 3:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Dan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jjmb
Just looked at the T mobile site and according to the rates plan page, you have to add more than $20 a yr to your phone

http://www.t-mobile.com/prepaid/rates.asp

Pity as I saw that as possible phone plan for my youngest daughter. Even with the $20 every 90 days with virgin mobile, she manage to end up with a $50+ balance before I transferred it to eldest daughter.
Its weird that says that on the website, I credited my phone just after I bought it, credit is valid until Nov 2005 - they told me in the store that T-Mobile has just changed its policy and now you only have to credit it once per year. When I check the balance on my phone, it indeed says it expires Nov 2005.....whether they've had a very quick change of heart since November and now, or whether the website is lagging behind, I don't know - it'd be well worth popping into your local store to speak with someone (who hopefully knows what they are on about) and double checking.
Old Jan 11th 2005, 6:44 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fatbrit
So, which communication device would Jesus use?
He would communicate via the Holy Ghost of course!

NC Penguin
Old Jan 11th 2005, 7:28 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NC Penguin
He would communicate via the Holy Ghost of course!

NC Penguin
V. good!

And here was me thinking it was through Paul and Jan on TBN. Do you think I should stop sending those love gifts?
Old Jan 11th 2005, 11:10 pm
Franklin

Originally Posted by Bob
pay as you go over here is iffy, bloomin' expensive compared to blighty as you keep having to top up or pay activation fees if you don't, overall does depend on who you use, but normally, have to top up $20 every month with ATT and anything up to 3 months, when I looked into it, the mins didn't roll over either on ATT, but that was a while ago when they introduced it....hmm...but anyway, coverage is another issue, gets really expensive for non-local calls etc, so don't know how much of a good deal it is...but I'm still using my old pay as go from O2 from blighty, hardly ever use it, but only has to be used once every 6 months to be kept active and not lose mins, so I just send a text msg or somin' every now and again....but then again, mobile reception is also shite in maine, but shite with whoever ya use *lol*
I had a pay as you use mobile phone for a while ... a nice friend got me one. But I ended up on a Verizon plan, two phone plan and I offset some of the additional cost by ditching my landline (also with Verizon). Mobile phones are certainly handy things to have, but they are fantastically over used and I hate getting wrong number calls on it (I guess its a recycled number issue). Both mobiles have VM but we can't use VM because neither set the VM password, I think somebody did it for us at Radio Shack and I can't remember what the darn password/number is. Anyone know how to get Verizon to reset it, I am amazed that Verizon wireless doesn't allow one to set the password on first use ... I get lots of messages that I can't reply too! Probably all wrong numbers!

Last edited by Patent Attorney; Jan 11th 2005 at 11:13 pm.