Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Pavement Pizza... eurgh

Pavement Pizza... eurgh

Old Jan 10th 2006, 5:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

basementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy Pavement Pizza... eurgh

I came to work today (in London) and a guy fell off / jumped off the top of the Shell building 2 minutes before i walked there..... ugly site!

The guy was apparently a 70 year old guy who retired in December.
He came back to the building today to wish all his old friends a happy new year and then went up to the open air viewing area 350ft up to take some pictures. He stood on a chair by the edge wall and fell/jumped to his death.

Its a really sad situation and looked completely different to what you imagine or see in movies.. lets just say he wasnt all in one piece!
Old Jan 10th 2006, 5:58 pm

Chorlton is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Pavement Pizza... eurgh

Originally Posted by basementwaj
I came to work today (in London) and a guy fell off / jumped off the top of the Shell building 2 minutes before i walked there..... ugly site!

He came back to the building today to wish all his old friends a happy new year and then went up to the open air viewing area 350ft up to take some pictures. He stood on a chair by the edge wall and fell/jumped to his death.

Its a really sad situation and looked completely different to what you imagine or see in movies.. lets just say he wasnt all in one piece!

Wow, and interesting day at the office I've seen a few thanks to the wonders of the internet but I'm sure its not somthing you expect on the way to work. I can think of better ways to go!
Old Jan 10th 2006, 5:59 pm
Forum Regular

Beer:30 is a jewel in the roughBeer:30 is a jewel in the roughBeer:30 is a jewel in the roughBeer:30 is a jewel in the roughBeer:30 is a jewel in the rough

Yikes :scared:

I saw a flat fox on the M3 leaving London newyears day.
It was just like in the cartoons when one is run over by a steam roller.
It was a fox, clearly recognisable as one, just really skinny.
No blood and guts....just flat.
Old Jan 10th 2006, 6:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

basementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beer:30
Yikes :scared:

I saw a flat fox on the M3 leaving London newyears day.
It was just like in the cartoons when one is run over by a steam roller.
It was a fox, clearly recognisable as one, just really skinny.
No blood and guts....just flat.
This guy had no neck left what was left of his head was pushed into his body and had limbs bent in all directions!
I thought i saw his foot 10 feet away, but it turned out to be part of his skull!
I had to observe the entire clean up operation (part of my job...long story). 6 people had plastic bags and were picking pieces up for 5 minutes before they scraped up his main body.... :scared:
Old Jan 10th 2006, 6:25 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

This guy had no neck left what was left of his head was pushed into his body and had limbs bent in all directions!
I thought i saw his foot 10 feet away, but it turned out to be part of his skull!
I had to observe the entire clean up operation (part of my job...long story). 6 people had plastic bags and were picking pieces up for 5 minutes before they scraped up his main body.... :scared:

ohh pretty gruesome job sounds like you have. I used to know a guy whose job it was to go to plane wrecks and piece together the different parts of people's bodies....err for someone like me who pukes at the sight of vomit...sorry no can do...cheers
Old Jan 10th 2006, 6:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by TruBrit
ohh pretty gruesome job sounds like you have. I used to know a guy whose job it was to go to plane wrecks and piece together the different parts of people's bodies....err for someone like me who pukes at the sight of vomit...sorry no can do...cheers
HA, believe it or not my job is as nice as you could imagine.. i just had to watch them until the area was clear so i could reopen my business without my customers seeing it.... YUM

I had some customers see it from above and explained they had to shield their kids from it! can you imagine trying to explain that to kids?!?!?!?!
Old Jan 10th 2006, 6:33 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah my husband did that in the RCAF when he first joined up. He said it was the worst experience he ever had having to pick up limbs, etc. But you become unemotional about it after a while because you have to learn to desensitize yourself or go nuts.
Old Jan 10th 2006, 6:34 pm
Maño-Americano

ironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond repute

Hence the term 'Body parts' or 'remains'. I have heard it described as being very similar to what would happen to a watermellon falling from the same distance
Old Jan 10th 2006, 6:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by ironporer
Hence the term 'Body parts' or 'remains'. I have heard it described as being very similar to what would happen to a watermellon falling from the same distance
It was exactly like that!
Old Jan 10th 2006, 6:37 pm

Chorlton is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ironporer

Gunny Ermey says the watermelon has the same strength as a human skull
Old Jan 10th 2006, 7:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

ladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond repute

A girl I went to evening college and subsequently be-friended jumped to her death from a multi story car park. I hadnt heard from her for a while maybe 8 months or so, so I sent her a Christmas card and then I had a return call from her husband to tell me the sad news. What must have been going through her mind to make her jump, what a violent end.
Old Jan 10th 2006, 7:11 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by ladylisa
A girl I went to evening college and subsequently be-friended jumped to her death from a multi story car park. I hadnt heard from her for a while maybe 8 months or so, so I sent her a Christmas card and then I had a return call from her husband to tell me the sad news. What must have been going through her mind to make her jump, what a violent end.

OMG what a shame, did she have any children?
Old Jan 10th 2006, 7:40 pm

robskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond repute

Does make you wonder how someone could do that, I'm too much of a coward.
Very sad
Old Jan 10th 2006, 8:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

ladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond repute

OMG what a shame, did she have any children?
No fortunately, but I couldnt get over it. She was such a lovely girl and it sounds silly but not the type to do something like that, if there is a type.
Old Jan 10th 2006, 8:07 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by ladylisa
No fortunately, but I couldnt get over it. She was such a lovely girl and it sounds silly but not the type to do something like that, if there is a type.

I expect it was a shock for you..shame for her family, she must have been suffering mega depression

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.