Reload this Page >

Passport renewal while in UK

Passport renewal while in UK

Old Jun 28th 2023, 5:32 pm
Forum Regular

MrGlasgow is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Passport renewal while in UK

Hi Everyone,

I have to renew my passport, and I wonder if it is possible to get it done while I am in the UK. I live in the US on an E2 visa and don't have any permanent address in the UK, but our company headquarter is in Glasgow.
I plan to use a fast-track service, provide the company's address and return to the US with a new passport.

The other option is to come back to the US and apply online, but my passport will NOT have 6 months validity on my way back to the US, so I am concerned that US Immigration folks will NOT allow entry.
Any advice or suggestion would be really helpful.

Old Jun 28th 2023, 7:35 pm
tht
DE-UK-NZ-IE-US... the TYP

tht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Passport renewal while in UK

Originally Posted by MrGlasgow
Hi Everyone,

I have to renew my passport, and I wonder if it is possible to get it done while I am in the UK. I live in the US on an E2 visa and don't have any permanent address in the UK, but our company headquarter is in Glasgow.
I plan to use a fast-track service, provide the company's address and return to the US with a new passport.

The other option is to come back to the US and apply online, but my passport will NOT have 6 months validity on my way back to the US, so I am concerned that US Immigration folks will NOT allow entry.
Any advice or suggestion would be really helpful.
I did a same day renewal at the passport office near Victoria station in London before CV19. Went to appointment in the AM and picked up old and new passport after 4pm the same day. Not sure if there are other offices elsewhere in the UK offering a similar service. Note you also need your order of passport with the visa in it to travel back to the US.
Old Jun 28th 2023, 8:02 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by tht
I did a same day renewal at the passport office near Victoria station in London before CV19. Went to appointment in the AM and picked up old and new passport after 4pm the same day. Not sure if there are other offices elsewhere in the UK offering a similar service. Note you also need your order of passport with the visa in it to travel back to the US.
Thanks. It is really helpful information. Can I check if you mentioned your US address or some other local UK address in your application?
Old Jun 28th 2023, 8:15 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

https://www.gov.uk/passport-applicat...le-visiting-uk
Old Jun 28th 2023, 8:41 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks, BritInParis