Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Passport Question - Address

Passport Question - Address

Old Apr 11th 2005, 9:02 pm
Just Joined

hciman77 will become famous soon enough
Default Passport Question - Address

Thanks to members on this worthy site I have all the forms I need to renew my UK passport. There is one quesion that is not covered in the Notes however.

For the section "Permanent Address" do I give my current US address or my notional UK address - if I give my US address it is misleading as I am a UK resident - I just live here (on an F1 visa) if I give my UK address they may send it there - I know there is a section for "return address" but mistakes do happen

Another Q - the pictures I just had taken are a fraction outside the guidelines - i.e my head is 31.2 mm instead of 32mm - how picky are the embassy folks about this ?

Does the date format have to be UK or American or does it not matter ?

Cheers

Jim

Last edited by hciman77; Apr 11th 2005 at 9:06 pm.
Old Apr 11th 2005, 9:06 pm
Payed up premium member

evoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Passport Question - Address

The date as it is going to the Uk will be UK format, Might be worth e mailing them on your other question.

My *guess* would be the address you live at ie US.

Originally Posted by hciman77
Thanks to members on this worthy site I have all the forms I need to renew my UK passport. There is one quesion that is not covered in the Notes however.

For the section "Permanent Address" do I give my current US address or my notional UK address - if I give my US address it is misleading as I am a UK resident - I just live here (on an F1 visa) if I give my UK address they may send it there - I know there is a section for "return address" but mistakes do happen

Does the date format have to be UK or American or does it not matter ?

Cheers

Jim
Old Apr 11th 2005, 9:09 pm
Just Joined

hciman77 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by evoal2003
The date as it is going to the Uk will be UK format, Might be worth e mailing them on your other question.

My *guess* would be the address you live at ie US.
They send them to The UK - I suppose they must - that never occurred to me
Old Apr 11th 2005, 9:11 pm
Payed up premium member

evoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond repute

They send them to The UK - I suppose they must - that never occurred to me
Sent you some Karma for that.

Old Apr 11th 2005, 10:05 pm
ImHere

Another Q - the pictures I just had taken are a fraction outside the guidelines - i.e my head is 31.2 mm instead of 32mm - how picky are the embassy folks about this ?

Jim
You'll have to shave the top off your head to match the picture.

I would be surprised if they noticed .7mm difference but if in doubt ask someone at the embassy.