Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Passport Delays

Passport Delays

Old Jun 24th 2011, 2:25 pm
Forum Regular

mshedden is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Passport Delays

Anyone know if careline is giving status updates today?

Just spent a few of mins on hold, but gave up while my bill was under $20...
Old Jun 24th 2011, 2:29 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know which is the most disgraceful service...the 3 to 4 month delay in processing PPs or the cost of phoning Careline. IMO at the moment the calls should be free...especially as the calls are due to their cock up.
Old Jun 24th 2011, 2:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Having a UK PP is not the be and end all for you though...as you can travel using your US PP. Be fair a process that normally takes a couple of weeks is now taking 3/4 months. For people with only one PP this can be disastrous. I have had to urgently travel back to the UK 4 times in the last 2 years because of my parent's and in-laws deaths. I dread to think what would have happened if I only had one PP and it had been bogged down in DC.

Also there are some on here that cannot afford to renew their PP...so they wait until they actually need it before spending their money.
I'd say that's a very important consideration. We knew we weren't going to travel soon, so we let my husband's passport wait. Thankfully its all worked out for us. However, if I would have read the information on the UK passport website and not already been a member here and knew about the long delays, we would be in the same position as everyone else. In the end it took 12 weeks to get my husband's passport, certainly not the 4 weeks that is given as the turnaround time on the website!
Old Jun 24th 2011, 2:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by penguinbar
We are now at 10 weeks since cc charge and 13 since they received my husbands passport. I do not want to waste money calling Careline although I'm thinking we might have to. This is really unbelievable!
I never did call Careline, in the end I had sent a private msg to Dean to see if he could help. However, the very next day after the private msg to Dean, the passport showed up. I'm beginning to think its some kind of divine
intervention....

Send Dean a msg or call Careline, seems like others are getting their passports and yours has been too long...
Old Jun 24th 2011, 2:48 pm
LP9
Forum Regular

LP9 is a glorious beacon of lightLP9 is a glorious beacon of lightLP9 is a glorious beacon of lightLP9 is a glorious beacon of lightLP9 is a glorious beacon of lightLP9 is a glorious beacon of lightLP9 is a glorious beacon of lightLP9 is a glorious beacon of lightLP9 is a glorious beacon of lightLP9 is a glorious beacon of lightLP9 is a glorious beacon of light

All of you still waiting, please dont forget about the campaign thread http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=722085

We need your petition signatures and votes on 38 degrees, and to generally spread the site through email or twitter/facebook. Links in my signature.

Thanks.
Old Jun 24th 2011, 2:53 pm
Daft.. not Stoopid

lyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by AmerLisa
I never did call Careline, in the end I had sent a private msg to Dean to see if he could help. However, the very next day after the private msg to Dean, the passport showed up. I'm beginning to think its some kind of divine
intervention....

Send Dean a msg or call Careline, seems like others are getting their passports and yours has been too long...
I really hope (myself included) that if Dean ever posts on this site that he needs help with something we all jump to it. His help and guidance has been invaluable to a lot of people. perhaps at a minimum one of the moderators/admin could set up one of those 'read me threads' so we can publicly thank him for his help.
Old Jun 24th 2011, 3:39 pm
Just Joined

gbr2usa is just really nicegbr2usa is just really nicegbr2usa is just really nicegbr2usa is just really nicegbr2usa is just really nicegbr2usa is just really nicegbr2usa is just really nicegbr2usa is just really nicegbr2usa is just really nicegbr2usa is just really nicegbr2usa is just really nice

Originally Posted by mshedden

I was going to call this evening.............seem to have more luck the later I call to actually get through to someone................I will let you know
Old Jun 24th 2011, 3:40 pm
Just Joined

gbr2usa is just really nicegbr2usa is just really nicegbr2usa is just really nicegbr2usa is just really nicegbr2usa is just really nicegbr2usa is just really nicegbr2usa is just really nicegbr2usa is just really nicegbr2usa is just really nicegbr2usa is just really nicegbr2usa is just really nice

Originally Posted by candy wy.
Jeez I thought I was giving a helpful suggestion don't let your passport expire for over 12 months...... If you look back to the beginning of this thread you will see they have had problems before with issuing passports in a timely manner..
this is an open forum I am entitled to my opinion if you don't like it that is not my problem....
I have yet to see where I was poking fun I was just giving opinion.... might not of been what you wanted to hear..
I only joined a couple days ago
Old Jun 24th 2011, 3:44 pm
Daft.. not Stoopid

lyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud of

Based on my CC bill they only charge from the moment they actually pick up so hold time shouldn't be that expensive unless you don't have intl calling plan on your phone.
Old Jun 24th 2011, 3:46 pm
Just Joined

Saiph is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JAJ
You should not have sent in your Canadian passport. It is NOT required.
http://www.fco.gov.uk/en/travel-and-...pics/documents

You should assume it will not be returned on time and start talking to the Canadian consulate to see if they can give you an emergency passport to cover your immediate travel plans. Do you have a US green card or other document to get back into the United States?

I don't know why the passport forms persist in suggesting that people should send in foreign passports when this is really not required. But it is going to be embarrassing for the Foreign Office when the US State Department and Canadian Foreign Affairs Ministry start asking them about people's US and Canadian passports "lost" in the processing mess at the British Embassy.
Thanks for responding. I sent in my Canadian passport because of Note 5 that accompanies the application: <If you were born outside the country of application, you should send the passport in which you were included when you previously travelled.> I even called Careline before sending in my application to make sure I needed to include my Canadian passport, and was told I did. I will try the Canadian Consulate, though. I was supposed to get a call from Washington to tell me whether they could return my passport to me before the new one is processed, but of course never heard back - as it seems has happened to many others.

I will be very frustrated if I never needed to send in my Canadian passport in the first place!
Old Jun 24th 2011, 3:48 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by AmerLisa
intervention....

Is this Dean Churm? I hope I did not butcher that
Old Jun 24th 2011, 3:49 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by gbr2usa
I was going to call this evening.............seem to have more luck the later I call to actually get through to someone................I will let you know
Don't forget - they close at 20:30 EST Friday, open again 19:00 EST Sunday.
Old Jun 24th 2011, 3:51 pm
Just Joined

Don't forget - they close at 20:30 EST Friday, open again 19:00 EST Sunday.
Thanks for the reminder
Old Jun 24th 2011, 3:52 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by lyonsden1193
Based on my CC bill they only charge from the moment they actually pick up so hold time shouldn't be that expensive unless you don't have intl calling plan on your phone.
I was (foolishly) calling the 1-900 945 2220 line. I'll try the UK number instead.
Old Jun 24th 2011, 4:23 pm
staying around

candy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gbr2usa
I only joined a couple days ago

so you procrastinate on everything........

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.