Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Passport Delays

Passport Delays

Old May 25th 2011, 6:54 pm
Daft.. not Stoopid

lyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Passport Delays

Perhaps Cameron and Obama would be better served getting their civil servants to be more efficient. Instead we get live uninterrupted coverage on the Comedy News Network of the lovefest press conference. I am not a major conspiracy theorist but something smells... and it ain't my new passport!!
Old May 25th 2011, 7:25 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by akatomw
It is possible to contact Dean Churm directly? (in e-mail)??
You can send him a PM, but he doesn't accept emails. http://britishexpats.com/forum/member.php?u=93085.

Ian
Old May 25th 2011, 7:44 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
DEAN CHURM British Consul & Regional Operations Manager, Southern USA
British Consular Services (North America & Caribbean)
Via PM, on BE, sure....hundreds of posts from the chap, or telling others out to reach him...there's even the sticked passport thread up top in the US forum.
Old May 25th 2011, 8:35 pm
Forum Regular

akatomw is just really niceakatomw is just really niceakatomw is just really niceakatomw is just really niceakatomw is just really niceakatomw is just really niceakatomw is just really niceakatomw is just really nice

OK

Thanks folks

I have PM'd him.

And I will take a deep breath and remain patient and vigilant.
Old May 26th 2011, 12:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Folks

I can see my time line is like many others here, OF course I did not think it would take this long, My application was received in Washington DC on Mar 9

Received Mar 9 2011

Money taken off Visa Card on April 6 2011

And that's all I have to report
It May 25th and I am still patiently waiting.....

What else can I do? (shrugs)

Quote:
DEAN CHURM British Consul & Regional Operations Manager, Southern USA
British Consular Services (North America & Caribbean)

thanks

tom
Another one (well husband) waiting, with almost exactly the same timeline......
Old May 26th 2011, 3:15 pm
Forum Regular

trinbrit is just really nicetrinbrit is just really nicetrinbrit is just really nicetrinbrit is just really nicetrinbrit is just really nicetrinbrit is just really nicetrinbrit is just really nicetrinbrit is just really nice

Originally Posted by AmerLisa
Another one (well husband) waiting, with almost exactly the same timeline......
My first time posting so excuse me if im messing up.

I am too trying to find out info if there is a delay in passport services.

But in these times we live in i guess that the security chks may be taking a lil longer but people are right they did say 4-6 weeks.

My app arrived in washington recieved Apr 4th,payment taken out from visa May 15th / 16th and today is 26th is it much longer? also do they call or email you first? just so i might know if to look out for something hahaha

where are my manners.......good morning everybody.
Old May 26th 2011, 3:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by trinbrit
My first time posting so excuse me if im messing up.

I am too trying to find out info if there is a delay in passport services.

But in these times we live in i guess that the security chks may be taking a lil longer but people are right they did say 4-6 weeks.

My app arrived in washington recieved Apr 4th,payment taken out from visa May 15th / 16th and today is 26th is it much longer? also do they call or email you first? just so i might know if to look out for something hahaha

where are my manners.......good morning everybody.
I have heard, from a reputable source, that its going to take 6 to 8 weeks after they charge your credit card.

And good morning back.
Old May 26th 2011, 3:35 pm
Forum Regular

trinbrit is just really nicetrinbrit is just really nicetrinbrit is just really nicetrinbrit is just really nicetrinbrit is just really nicetrinbrit is just really nicetrinbrit is just really nicetrinbrit is just really nice

Originally Posted by AmerLisa
I have heard, from a reputable source, that its going to take 6 to 8 weeks after they charge your credit card.

And good morning back.
wow so that means it would take.....till around the 4th july ish thats about 14 or so work weeks they must be bogged down makes you wonder if they had a pay for faster delivery button i could have hit,tanx so much for that atleast i have some type of time frame......do they write to you or call you to say its left and on its way and with maybe a tracting number etc.
sorry bout the tons of questions but you just eased my 'wheres wally (passport)' question hahahaha
Old May 26th 2011, 3:49 pm
Just Joined

stixng has a spectacular aura aboutstixng has a spectacular aura aboutstixng has a spectacular aura about

wow so that means it would take.....till around the 4th july ish thats about 14 or so work weeks they must be bogged down makes you wonder if they had a pay for faster delivery button i could have hit,tanx so much for that atleast i have some type of time frame......do they write to you or call you to say its left and on its way and with maybe a tracting number etc.
sorry bout the tons of questions but you just eased my 'wheres wally (passport)' question hahahaha
trinbrit, I received my daughter's 1st passport back 13 weeks from the time I mailed it in. 9 weeks after our credit card had been charged and a week after i put a call into Careline. Careline had said that the peeps in Washington would be contacting me to let me know the status but I never received any call or email.
Old May 26th 2011, 3:52 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by stixng
trinbrit, I received my daughter's 1st passport back 13 weeks from the time I mailed it in. 9 weeks after our credit card had been charged and a week after i put a call into Careline. Careline had said that the peeps in Washington would be contacting me to let me know the status but I never received any call or email.
OK so basically i am at there mercy,thats ok i guess we really dont know the situation there at their office so i would want to make a guess on what could be the prob of whay its not taking the 4 to 6 wks quote.
Should i even bother calling the careline or would i just be wasting money? i can wait....i guess.
Old May 26th 2011, 3:54 pm
Forum Regular

OK so basically i am at there mercy,thats ok i guess we really dont know the situation there at their office so i would want to make a guess on what could be the prob of whay its not taking the 4 to 6 wks quote.
Should i even bother calling the careline or would i just be wasting money? i can wait....i guess.
Thank you by the way amerlisa and stixng
Old May 26th 2011, 4:12 pm
Forum Regular

akatomw is just really niceakatomw is just really niceakatomw is just really niceakatomw is just really niceakatomw is just really niceakatomw is just really niceakatomw is just really niceakatomw is just really nice

Thank you all for the comments and posting your actual wait times for the passport to arrive.

I pledge to let everyone know when my passport finally arrives.
It has now been almost 7 weeks since my credit card was charged back on April 6.
Old May 26th 2011, 4:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute

Reading all this, I think it's shocking how downhill the service has gone so quickly. I recall renewing my passport at the end of 2008. I mailed it to the consulate at DC and got my new passport back in two weeks and this was during Xmas time too.
Old May 26th 2011, 4:37 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

... makes you wonder if they had a pay for faster delivery button i could have hit...
Alas, delivery isn't the issue. It's the waiting time while your application gets to the top of the pile on the guy's desk.

Ian
Old May 26th 2011, 4:46 pm
Forum Regular

PandG has a brilliant futurePandG has a brilliant futurePandG has a brilliant futurePandG has a brilliant futurePandG has a brilliant futurePandG has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by stixng
Thanks! That's useful info since my daughters 1st passport app has been going 10 weeks this Friday. Luckily not in a rush for it, but holy cow, this is insane.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.