Part time work

Wikiposts

Part time work

Old Mar 16th 2004, 11:15 pm
Forum Regular

Expat_Wannabe is on a distinguished road
Default Part time work

Hey all,
The company that I currently work for (based in London) is a media analysis firm, which basically means we analyse articles from the press for our clients and their competitors, taking out key info like the products /corporate issues mentioned and whether the coverage is positive/neutral/negative. We have an established network of readers and coders in Europe, but find it very difficult to find anyone in the US to commit for longer than a few months. This is quite a hassle, as it takes a while to sort out the subscriptions and train people up on how to do the work. Anyhow, I figured that there must be come of you who have moved out there and are not working and would maybe be interested?!?
Its piece work, but it usually works out at around about $15-20/hour (think the official rate is $11 but you usually get much more done in an hour than is expected). Our US client is a multinational company, whose products include some 'geeky' semiconductors and various other products. Not that you necessarily have to be up to scratch on geeky stuff, just thought I'd warn you that its not necessarily as interesting as it might sound. Its only part time work (maybe 3 hours or so a day) and the work needs to be done on a daily basis, but as I said I figure it might be of interest to some of you.
If you're interested then either reply to this post or drop me an email and I can forward your CV to my colleague and answer any other questions you might have.