Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Pantomimes - no equivalent

Pantomimes - no equivalent

Old Dec 13th 2006, 10:40 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pantomimes - no equivalent

Originally Posted by Desdemona
But he's a brilliant actor, don't you think ? And so is liitle Chesney, as TruBrit says. They are ALL such good actors. We have nothing we can compare with it here in the US, sadly. Only the glitzy stuff like 'Bold and the Beautiful' which I don't watch anyway
Hey...have you noticed the number of threads we turn into Corrie threads?
Old Dec 13th 2006, 10:42 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by irnbru4u
Maybe you can smuggle in a video camera and tape it for us, or at least tell us what the new cheesiest jokes are

Don't you just love the "its behind you" screamed by the audiance, I love the part where the lights go crazy and everything happens really fast.

Oh blimey how old am I ? :scared:
Old Dec 13th 2006, 10:43 pm
who turned out the light?

Irn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
I noticed but at least you'll get this thread starter's blessing.
As if you need that to carry on

Poppygirl - lucky you going home
Old Dec 13th 2006, 10:44 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
I am too scared to watch Corrie next week as I will need medication next time to ween me of it, I could not go through that again
Old Dec 13th 2006, 10:44 pm
who turned out the light?

Irn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
Don't you just love the "its behind you" screamed by the audiance, I love the part where the lights go crazy and everything happens really fast.

I'm 35 and I love it. It's why I'm known as 'the favourite Aunt"
Old Dec 13th 2006, 11:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Poppy girl

You're not alone I would always use that reference for years and "oh no he/she didn't, on no he/she did!" The hubby thought I was mental so we finally spent Xmas at home 3 years ago and went to a Brilliant Panto at the Kings theatre in Southsea. The whole family and all adults except my 6 year old nephew!!
Since that time my parents and extended family have made it a tradition again and go every year now
You just can't beat a cheesy Panto
Old Dec 14th 2006, 12:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

frrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond repute

USA, is a giant Pantomime, just walk in the stirrers of NYC!
Reg. Frank R.
Old Dec 14th 2006, 12:43 pm
Account Closed

gardnma will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Tbag
You're not alone I would always use that reference for years and "oh no he/she didn't, on no he/she did!" The hubby thought I was mental so we finally spent Xmas at home 3 years ago and went to a Brilliant Panto at the Kings theatre in Southsea. The whole family and all adults except my 6 year old nephew!!
Since that time my parents and extended family have made it a tradition again and go every year now
You just can't beat a cheesy Panto

I hope to take the kids in a year or two to see a panto. Mostly to experience Xmas in England for them.
I describe a panto to them and they get really interested and want to go to one. Of course, once they get to see one, they will be hooked.
Old Dec 15th 2006, 1:50 pm
Forum Regular

California Dreamin' is an unknown quantity at this point

It has been reported both in my hometown local paper in Lancashire, and on the BBC webpage that the old custom of throwing out toffee's to the watching audience at pantomimes is being stopped because of fear of someone getting injured and sued. What a lot of shite that is.
Old Dec 15th 2006, 6:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by California Dreamin'
It has been reported both in my hometown local paper in Lancashire, and on the BBC webpage that the old custom of throwing out toffee's to the watching audience at pantomimes is being stopped because of fear of someone getting injured and sued. What a lot of shite that is.
Shite indeed............that along with the Royal mail not being allowed to produce a Christmas stamp that portrays the nativity scene in any way, shape or form this year cause it might offend other religious groups

Robin red breasts and holly only apparently........