Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Packing up the dogs

Packing up the dogs

Old Jun 19th 2008, 11:20 am
Just Joined

cheekerhaal is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Packing up the dogs

Hi I'm new to the forum. We have moved back and forth across the Atlantic several times and twice with our two dogs. We went with British Airways out of Heathrow and I have to say that they were fantastic.

Yes the dogs did go into the hold (which I agonized about) but the thought of them not moving with us was not an option. BA had made sure that they were cool (Siberian Huskies in July) and even came on board before take off to let us know that they had to replace a water container because one of the dogs had chewed hers off.

It's also worth mentioning that when we landed BA had made sure that our dogs were immediately taken off the flight and transferred to an air-conditioned building. When we finally made it into customs they were sitting and waiting for us in their crates with someone standing by with them.

It's hard to say but honestly; by our experience BA did a fab job and we are moving back to the USA (to settle) and will be using BA again.