Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Packing and shipping query timings

Packing and shipping query timings

Old Oct 30th 2015, 3:19 am
Just Joined

abbiecowan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Packing and shipping query timings

We have just gone through this with Bournes who were fantastic. It took three guys 2 days to pack and load our stuff onto a lorry. They literally did all the packing but we had done a major declutter and sent boxes of stuff we didn't want to ship to friends and family plus sold lots of other items. Still we took up a 20ft container and they did do a great job. However, despite all the effort I thought we had made we did still end up several really "useful" items for here. My personal favourites being "1001 walks around Great Britain" (very useful in Texas!) and no less than 4 multi-plug extension leads!!
Old Nov 3rd 2015, 5:50 pm
Forum Regular

markcst has a reputation beyond reputemarkcst has a reputation beyond reputemarkcst has a reputation beyond reputemarkcst has a reputation beyond reputemarkcst has a reputation beyond reputemarkcst has a reputation beyond reputemarkcst has a reputation beyond reputemarkcst has a reputation beyond reputemarkcst has a reputation beyond reputemarkcst has a reputation beyond reputemarkcst has a reputation beyond repute

We are going with a company called Galleon who my company have engaged. Its air freight only so we can't take much furniture (we are only taking a small rose stand and a crib my dad made). They want to pack our stuff on 11th November to arrive before 25th November as we requested (the day we move into our new house in texas from our hotel). So that's 14 days for basically air freighted "personal items".
Just so you know this is pictures, crockery, cutlery, my guitars (lol), ornaments etc.
Old Nov 3rd 2015, 6:43 pm
Just Joined

ILMLover is an unknown quantity at this point

I just did exactly this through Bournes. they were great. They came in, 2 days to pack a 4 bed house with a lot of stuff (they did pull a third person to help on day 2). All loaded onto the container, sent to Southampton and shipped out. Door to door 4 weeks and 4 days. I can't rate Bournes enough. the guys were brilliant
Old Nov 3rd 2015, 9:53 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ILMLover
I just did exactly this through Bournes. they were great. They came in, 2 days to pack a 4 bed house with a lot of stuff (they did pull a third person to help on day 2). All loaded onto the container, sent to Southampton and shipped out. Door to door 4 weeks and 4 days. I can't rate Bournes enough. the guys were brilliant
Where is the second "door"?
Old Nov 3rd 2015, 11:43 pm
Just Joined

ILMLover is an unknown quantity at this point

Door 1 - UK.Door 2 - North Carolina US.Just an expression
Old Nov 4th 2015, 12:41 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ILMLover
Door 1 - UK.Door 2 - North Carolina US. Just an expression
I realise it was just an expression, but without knowing whether you had moved to Portland, Maine or Portland, Oregon, or somewhere in between, it was impossible to know whether your time line was remarkably good, or merely fairly average.

I would have said that your 4.4 weeks is pretty good, but not stunning.