British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   P85 tax rebate update. (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/p85-tax-rebate-update-190431/)

Pimpbot Nov 11th 2003 8:49 pm

P85 tax rebate update.

Just got a call from home, because my P85 tax rebate finally came through.

The original form was posted back in late july. They then sent me a letter to say that my parents hadnt posted parts 2 & 3 of my P45 with the P85 which delayed my application. I hadnt heard anything for around 12 weeks, so I called them in the UK to find out what was going on, only to find out that they never received the P45. They went through a few details with me on the phone and then said that they would procede with the application. Less than two weeks later and I'm over a $1000 dollars richer. :D

veryfunny Nov 12th 2003 7:04 pm

Re: P85 tax rebate update.

Originally posted by Pimpbot

The original form was posted back in late july. They then sent me a letter to say that my parents hadnt posted parts 2 & 3 of my P45 with the P85 which delayed my application. I hadnt heard anything for around 12 weeks, so I called them in the UK to find out what was going on, only to find out that they never received the P45. They went through a few details with me on the phone and then said that they would procede with the application. Less than two weeks later and I'm over a $1000 dollars richer. :D
Good for you! I was thinking about doing mine.

Maggs Nov 12th 2003 8:13 pm

I can't remember where my P45 is. Will this make any difference when I apply?

Maggie

DaveC Nov 12th 2003 8:16 pm

I sent off the forms in October and have just checked my bank account online. As I quit work at the end of April I only got 280 squid. Oh well, that'll pay for a code free multi region DVD player!