Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

owning a company in america

owning a company in america

Old Mar 18th 2003, 1:09 pm
Kentucky woman i miss you

MASON is an unknown quantity at this point
Default owning a company in america

BASICALLY,What i need to know is ,if i own my own company in america do i still need an affadavit of support ,.seeing as i have had no replies or very few on my last question im getting a little concerned about this situation of support .i kniow its from one extreme to another ie: not having a penny to my nme at this time but i have just been offered this opertunity to take on a small computer business.help help help
Old Mar 19th 2003, 8:28 pm
darrenb

Default Re: owning a company in america

Im sorry you havent had many replies. There may be a number of reasons for this. The first is that I dont suppose many people use this route to try and obtain a visa. From the little I know its pretty tricky, would most likely require plenty of legal expertise and most of all money!

Ive done some checking and have found out the following for you. This next section is taken from the US Embassy wesbite in London. It refers to the law concerning getting a visa based on setting up a company over there:

Who is eligible? Investors may qualify for employment creation immigrant visas if they seek to enter the United States for the purpose of establishing a new commercial enterprise. The investment must provide at least 10 full-time positions for U.S. citizens, legal permanent residents of the United States, or other immigrants with employment authorization. The minimum capital required in most cases is one million dollars; the requirement is less in certain poverty areas.

Taken from: http://www.usembassy.org.uk/cons_web/visa/iv/invest.htm

You can look at all the immigrant and non immigrant visa info at:
http://www.usembassy.org.uk/cons_web...iv/ivindex.htm

It may also help if you post this question in an immigration forum rather than just a forum about the US.

Hope this helps.

D

Old Mar 19th 2003, 9:07 pm
dealing with it

Chopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really nice

Hate to do this to you but you may be barking up the wrong tree here, the US love people to set up businesses but they want businesses that will instantly be certain to succeed...this means having investors or venture capitalist support and a lot of money...

Good Luck with it but keep your options open