Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Over zealous censoring?

Over zealous censoring?

Old Aug 2nd 2005, 4:22 am

syllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Over zealous censoring?

Originally Posted by ImHere
shhhh.. you'll be taken away and flogged using speech like that
I blame Gruff, personally. What's a twat?
Old Aug 2nd 2005, 4:22 am

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by syllk
I've been misquoting people...thanks for your PM btw:
Bastard, that was private....Flog him, Flog him......
Old Aug 2nd 2005, 4:23 am

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

It's a fishes vagina I believe, can I say that?
Old Aug 2nd 2005, 4:26 am
ImHere

OMG what are you? A fcking retard? Jesus! I cant beleive they let comeplete spackers like you on here.

Old Aug 2nd 2005, 4:29 am

syllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond repute

OMG what are you? A fcking retard? Jesus! I cant beleive they let comeplete spackers like you on here.
Now dont play the Jaysus card...theyll git you for that round these parts...
Old Aug 2nd 2005, 4:38 am
Back Again

Celtic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond repute

Yup, I remember being taken by surprise when I first came here. Private Parts at 11pm on a Saturday, cut to ribbons, but padded out to a good 2½ hours through the clever use of numerous advert breaks. Then 3pm on the following Sunday afternoon...that all-time kiddies favourite: Hellraiser III.
PMSL!!!! you just summed up my answer!!

alas Wintersong ...you are still a newbie when it comes to understanding the intelligence behind U.S censorship .

lets say you are a grown up...lets just try and imagine this okay it's 1pm and your watching a grown up violent movie...it'll be cut to ribbons for your viewing ,like Syllk said, but 2 hours longer due to commercials...however the same movie will be shown at 10 a.m for all the pre-schoolers to watch and will probably have severe lasting effects on some:scared:

i don't know why they don't show nice happy movies before say 9 or 10pm and then after that show us the real deal damn it, isn't this what they already do in the U.k(it's been a while)

it's crazy...they should show a movie in it's entirety, trust us with the power to decide if it's offensive or not, if you don't like it turn it off...and yes people here I'm stressing that parental guidance be used by the parent

Of course in the U.S of A that's not gonna happen...why else do you think Blockbuster is so busy
Old Aug 2nd 2005, 4:44 am
Return of bouncing girl!

Wintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Celtic_Angel
PMSL!!!! you just summed up my answer!!

alas Wintersong ...you are still a newbie when it comes to understanding the intelligence behind U.S censorship .

lets say you are a grown up...lets just try and imagine this okay it's 1pm and your watching a grown up violent movie...it'll be cut to ribbons for your viewing ,like Syllk said, but 2 hours longer due to commercials...however the same movie will be shown at 10 a.m for all the pre-schoolers to watch and will probably have severe lasting effects on some:scared:

i don't know why they don't show nice happy movies before say 9 or 10pm and then after that show us the real deal damn it, isn't this what they already do in the U.k(it's been a while)

it's crazy...they should show a movie in it's entirety, trust us with the power to decide if it's offensive or not, if you don't like it turn it off...and yes people here I'm stressing that parental guidance be used by the parent

Of course in the U.S of A that's not gonna happen...why else do you think Blockbuster is so busy
The well publicised watershed - 9pm, past which any self respecting parent should have put their young children to bed. After which any self respecting parent knows that some violence / nudity / swearing can be expected and that programmes should be vetted carefully before children are allowed access.

Seems like a reasonable system to me - give parents the control over what their children are allowed to watch. In other words, take some damn responsibility for your own kids!

I still want to know what was so offensive in that Truman Show scene - it's killing me! If anyone can shed some light, I'd be forever in your debt.
Old Aug 2nd 2005, 4:50 am
ImHere

Originally Posted by Wintersong
The well publicised watershed - 9pm, past which any self respecting parent should have put their young children to bed. After which any self respecting parent knows that some violence / nudity / swearing can be expected and that programmes should be vetted carefully before children are allowed access.

Seems like a reasonable system to me - give parents the control over what their children are allowed to watch. In other words, take some damn responsibility for your own kids!

I still want to know what was so offensive in that Truman Show scene - it's killing me! If anyone can shed some light, I'd be forever in your debt.

Jim gets his 19" cock out and rubs it all over whatshernames face.

Old Aug 2nd 2005, 4:56 am
Return of bouncing girl!

Wintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond repute

Jim gets his 19" cock out and rubs it all over whatshernames face.
By cock, I'm assuming you mean male chicken. Otherwise I'd have to report your post for being in violation of rule #35873.
Old Aug 2nd 2005, 4:58 am

By cock, I'm assuming you mean male chicken. Otherwise I'd have to report your post for being in violation of rule #35873.
A very large chicken, with a purple head
Old Aug 2nd 2005, 4:59 am
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.un-official.com/Truman/TrumanShow.html

did they show this bit?

TRUMAN
Eat me, dammit. That's an order.

Wondering if the edit was to cut the film shorter in order to show more adverts.

Last edited by snowbunny; Aug 2nd 2005 at 5:05 am.
Old Aug 2nd 2005, 4:59 am
Back Again

Celtic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond repute

I know but what you quickly realise when you arrive here is that it ain't as Free and liberal as you once thought, American's are quite conservative ..besides if they don't trust us with the vote why should they trust us with the T.V?
Old Aug 2nd 2005, 5:07 am
Return of bouncing girl!

Originally Posted by Celtic_Angel
I know but what you quickly realise when you arrive here is that it ain't as Free and liberal as you once thought, American's are quite conservative ..besides if they don't trust us with the vote why should they trust us with the T.V?
Thanks for the script - we've now discovered that they cut the bus scene as well. Hubby reckons it's to fit in more adverts in the time.

As usual - it boils down to money

Umm.. sorry, Amy - thanks for the link!

Last edited by Wintersong; Aug 2nd 2005 at 5:08 am. Reason: Thanked the wrong person!
Old Aug 2nd 2005, 5:07 am
ImHere

Yes Maam. Thats it indeedy. He rubs his male chickens huge nob over her face.

Old Aug 2nd 2005, 5:09 am

Yes Maam. Thats it indeedy. He rubs his male chickens huge nob over her face.
Ray, Ray, he said chickens in 'the lounge'

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.