Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Over reaction ??

Over reaction ??

Old Nov 26th 2006, 3:08 pm
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute
Default Over reaction ??

Ok, so the circumstances surrounding the case sound a bit ropey and the car did hit a police officer and a police car, but does anyone else think that maybe their reactions were slightly excessive.......if they want to be GI Joe send them to Iraq
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/6184948.stm
Old Nov 26th 2006, 3:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

jen_andreson has a reputation beyond reputejen_andreson has a reputation beyond reputejen_andreson has a reputation beyond reputejen_andreson has a reputation beyond reputejen_andreson has a reputation beyond reputejen_andreson has a reputation beyond reputejen_andreson has a reputation beyond reputejen_andreson has a reputation beyond reputejen_andreson has a reputation beyond reputejen_andreson has a reputation beyond reputejen_andreson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Over reaction ??

Oh dear.

Yes, 50 bullets is definitely the wrong reaction. A warning shot (not in someones head) could be justified, but not all this trigger action.
Old Nov 26th 2006, 4:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

tony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond repute

I will wait until more comes to light. Sounds very much like an over re-action on the first call. I am waiting for Jesse to join Al Sharpton.
Old Nov 26th 2006, 4:56 pm
No income tax no V.A.T.

Rodney you plonker has a reputation beyond reputeRodney you plonker has a reputation beyond reputeRodney you plonker has a reputation beyond reputeRodney you plonker has a reputation beyond reputeRodney you plonker has a reputation beyond reputeRodney you plonker has a reputation beyond reputeRodney you plonker has a reputation beyond reputeRodney you plonker has a reputation beyond reputeRodney you plonker has a reputation beyond reputeRodney you plonker has a reputation beyond reputeRodney you plonker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BigDavyG
Ok, so the circumstances surrounding the case sound a bit ropey and the car did hit a police officer and a police car, but does anyone else think that maybe their reactions were slightly excessive.......if they want to be GI Joe send them to Iraq
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/6184948.stm
I bet the lawyers are already working on the law suit against the police.
Old Nov 26th 2006, 5:11 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jen_andreson
Oh dear.
Yes, 50 bullets is definitely the wrong reaction. A warning shot (not in someones head) could be justified, but not all this trigger action.
There is no such thing as a warning shot ....thats television...
Old Nov 26th 2006, 5:24 pm
Account Closed

Sally is an unknown quantity at this point

Serves him right for going to a strip joint on his wedding day, the dirty bastard.
Old Nov 26th 2006, 6:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

jen_andreson has a reputation beyond reputejen_andreson has a reputation beyond reputejen_andreson has a reputation beyond reputejen_andreson has a reputation beyond reputejen_andreson has a reputation beyond reputejen_andreson has a reputation beyond reputejen_andreson has a reputation beyond reputejen_andreson has a reputation beyond reputejen_andreson has a reputation beyond reputejen_andreson has a reputation beyond reputejen_andreson has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
There is no such thing as a warning shot ....thats television...
It used to be that cops would shoot a suspect once in the leg or arm to slow them down...now it's a case of pumping as much ammo as poss.

More info--but not full details yet.

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/11/26/ny...1&ref=nyregion
Old Nov 26th 2006, 6:24 pm
Tool

Old William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond repute

It used to be that cops would shoot a suspect once in the leg or arm to slow them down...now it's a case of pumping as much ammo as poss.
???

You never aim for a leg or arm to slow someone down. You always aim center of mass to get the greatest chance of a hit. That will slow them down just as effectively.
Old Nov 26th 2006, 6:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Old William
???

You never aim for a leg or arm to slow someone down. You always aim center of mass to get the greatest chance of a hit. That will slow them down just as effectively.
Fair enough, then my bad. I thought the legislation in NY had changed following the incident a few years ago, but it must have been chatter and not passed.

http://www.officer.com/article/artic...ion=1&id=28869
Old Nov 26th 2006, 6:39 pm
Tool

Old William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond repute

Fair enough, then my bad. I thought the legislation in NY had changed following the incident a few years ago, but it must have been chatter and not passed.

http://www.officer.com/article/artic...ion=1&id=28869
What politicians would like and what is infact reality are not neccessarily related.

Consider the dangers in herrent in "Aiming to wound"...an armed suspect is amongst members of the public...they may continue to shoot for a considerable period of time after being wounded and the very act of the cop attempting to hit a small moving body part would dramatically increase the chance they miss and hit a bystander.

Ever tried to hit something the size of an arm or leg thats moving at say 20-30 yards away?
Old Nov 26th 2006, 6:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

What politicians would like and what is infact reality are not neccessarily related.

Consider the dangers in herrent in "Aiming to wound"...an armed suspect is amongst members of the public...they may continue to shoot for a considerable period of time after being wounded and the very act of the cop attempting to hit a small moving body part would dramatically increase the chance they miss and hit a bystander.

Ever tried to hit something the size of an arm or leg thats moving at say 20-30 yards away?
I never said that I agreed with the legistation. I said that I thought it had passed in NY, following the last controversial shooting, which would have an influence on this case. I admitted that I made a mistake. I'M SORRY!

As for this case, it seems a lot of rounds were fired but full details haven't yet been released. I'm sure the police acted appropriately given the situation (the latest news says the suspects repeatedly crashed into the other vehicle and one of the men was overheard asking for his gun).
Old Nov 26th 2006, 6:55 pm
Tool

I never said that I agreed with the legistation. I said that I thought it had passed in NY, following the last controversial shooting, which would have an influence on this case. I admitted that I made a mistake. I'M SORRY!

As for this case, it seems a lot of rounds were fired but full details haven't yet been released. I'm sure the police acted appropriately given the situation (the latest news says the suspects repeatedly crashed into the other vehicle and one of the men was overheard asking for his gun).
LOL it's ok you dont have to appologise im only making discussion.

Not as many as the 100 rounds found in a perp near Orlando recently.

If someone rams a police vehicle twice they are seriously risking getting their arses capped.
Old Nov 26th 2006, 6:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

If someone rams a police vehicle twice they are seriously risking getting their arses capped.
100???

It's funny how these details filter out. First it's Al Sharpton saying another innocent man was killed (on his wedding day, no less) and now it's a carload of men ignorned police requests to stop ramming into vehicles, refused to step out of the car, etc. This isn't going to be an easy one for any involved.
(except Al Sharpton, as he gets back into the spotlight for 15 minutes).
Old Nov 26th 2006, 7:03 pm
Tool

100???

It's funny how these details filter out. First it's Al Sharpton saying another innocent man was killed (on his wedding day, no less) and now it's a carload of men ignorned police requests to stop ramming into vehicles, refused to step out of the car, etc. This isn't going to be an easy one for any involved.
(except Al Sharpton, as he gets back into the spotlight for 15 minutes).

They are always sweet lil' mama's boys that dont do no-one no harm....at first.
Old Nov 26th 2006, 7:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

As he'd shot a cop the day before I wasn't expecting much trigger discipline there

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.