Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Outrageous Cost Of Funerals - $10,000!

Wikiposts

Outrageous Cost Of Funerals - $10,000!

Old Aug 8th 2007, 5:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Scouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond repute
Angry Outrageous Cost Of Funerals - $10,000!

Hi All,

My dear Mother-In-Law passed away suddenly, last week, due to a Massive Heart Attack. We had the Funeral Service, for her, this past Monday.

Just wanted you to know that the cost for a Basic Funeral will run you about $10,000 and that is for a Casket made by our local Trappist Monks

Jim.
Old Aug 8th 2007, 6:01 pm
Account Closed

Sally is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Outrageous Cost Of Funerals - $10,000!

Originally Posted by Scouse Express
Hi All,

My dear Mother-In-Law passed away suddenly, last week, due to a Massive Heart Attack. We had the Funeral Service, for her, this past Monday.

Just wanted you to know that the cost for a Basic Funeral will run you about $10,000 and that is for a Casket made by our local Trappist Monks

Jim.
No Co-op

Sorry to hear of your loss.
Old Aug 8th 2007, 11:13 pm

Redlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really nice

Sorry to hear of your loss.

Yup. It is a huge production over here.
Old Aug 9th 2007, 1:37 am
Account Closed

southern comfort is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All,

Jim.
Sorry for your loss. I lost my grandson three weeks ago. We have decided on cremation for ourselves basic cost is around $795.
Old Aug 9th 2007, 1:39 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

I think it's dreadful...I don't want anyone to profit over my death.

I'm very sorry for your loss.
Old Aug 9th 2007, 2:16 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

I'm so sorry for your loss, Jim. Yes, they do rather profit from death over here, it's awful! My FIL died 2 years ago and my MIL wanted this huge metal casket. Into saving the planet, she is not. But that little lot cost $14K...
Old Aug 9th 2007, 3:03 am
Re vera, potas bene.

krizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond repute

You can get a good casket online for around $500....Funeral homes have to use it and can't charge you for any 'extra's'..."The Federal Trade Commission Rule 16 C.F.R. Part 453 states that funeral homes can no longer condition the purchase of a casket with the purchase of other funeral goods and services. If you choose to purchase your casket from a source other than a funeral home, the funeral home of your choice MUST accept the casket you have provided without duress or embarrassment to the consumer".

Sorry for your loss...

Last edited by krizzy; Aug 9th 2007 at 3:07 am.
Old Aug 9th 2007, 3:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry for your loss.
Old Aug 9th 2007, 3:17 am
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All,

Jim.
wow that's pricey but then i'm not up to date with funeral prices which is a good thing i suppose

sorry to hear about your MIL, sounds like she didn't suffer too long which is a blessing.
Old Aug 9th 2007, 3:43 am
Account Closed

jackie dwyer is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All,

Jim.
MY FIL passed away last year. My husband is one of six kids, but suddenly none of his siblings had any money to help pay for the funeral. Not wanting to upset his mother any more than she already was, we ended up paying for everything - top of the line coffin, a concrete box on the outside of the coffin, so the coffin itself wouldn't rot (!!!), plus the wake and funeral - a tidy $30,000 when all was said and done. Complete insanity.
Old Aug 9th 2007, 3:45 am

penguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond repute

I am sorry to hear of your loss. That does sound a ridiculous price tag.

When I was younger and stupid, I tried to convince my friends that we should buy an old blackpowder cannon, dress up all formal and start a service called 'Out with a Bang' in which we would blast the ashes of loved ones over their favorite places. We never did get around to it though.
Old Aug 9th 2007, 3:45 am
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jackie dwyer
MY FIL passed away last year. My husband is one of six kids, but suddenly none of his siblings had any money to help pay for the funeral. Not wanting to upset his mother any more than she already was, we ended up paying for everything - top of the line coffin, a concrete box on the outside of the coffin, so the coffin itself wouldn't rot (!!!), plus the wake and funeral - a tidy $30,000 when all was said and done. Complete insanity.
what, that is unbelievable

you said it.....complete insanity!
Old Aug 9th 2007, 3:48 am
Re vera, potas bene.

krizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond repute

A place in England uses old orange boxes and plants you under a tree...sounds nice and back to nature to me...always like that idea myself....
Old Aug 9th 2007, 3:52 am
Re vera, potas bene.

This place was on fox News....

http://funeraldepot.com/Funeralandcr...FSJdUAodyzh8ug
Old Aug 9th 2007, 3:55 am

Redlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really nice

Originally Posted by krizzy
A place in England uses old orange boxes and plants you under a tree...sounds nice and back to nature to me...always like that idea myself....
That sounds lovely. I think I'd like something like that myself.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.