Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Our last attempt to get a reply!

Our last attempt to get a reply!

Old Sep 26th 2002, 5:50 pm
Forum Regular

Loversdream is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Our last attempt to get a reply!

I am UK Citizen. For 18 years I was with my ex who was a drunk and very violent. He was a freemason, and told me if I ever left him he would make sure he would find me and I would not be alive. He also told me if I went to the Police (most were freemasons in my area) that they would
not believe what he did to me, because they liked him. In April 1998 I plucked up the courage to leave him, sold my car and went to the United States on the Visa Waiver Program. At that time I had no intention of staying in the US.

When the time came for me to leave the US I was so frightened of returning to the UK I could not go into the airport.

I stayed with friends in Denver Colorado, then Lompoc California. In March 1999 my divorce was final.

In November 1998 I met Ben (US Citizen) on the internet in a games room and for the next few months we played Spades as partners and chatted a lot. By April 1999 we both realised we were in love. In November 1999 I moved in
with him. We spent 6 wonderful months together. We found out that because of my overstay I could be barred from entering the US - he lost his job had to go and live with his parents and I had to return to the UK and we would go through the proper channels so I would be legal. So in May 2000 I returned to Jersey, Channel Islands (my children are here). He proposed to me on July 28th 2000. He came over to visit Christmas 2000, met my children (who are 30
and 32 years old and have their own wives/husbands and adore him) .
Since then he has visited every 6 months. On July 27th this year we were married.

My husband Fed-Ex'd the I-130 to TSC on 9/3 It was delivered and signed for on 9/4. We have not received the 1st NOA yet.

Questions:

What does Zero Tolerance mean on the Processing Times page?

Would they just ignore the petition because of my overstay?

Do we need to file a Waiver of Inadmissibility with Missouri if and when when we file the I-129F (K3 visa) petition?

What do we have to do to be together in the US?

Jean and Ben

Old Sep 26th 2002, 8:30 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Our last attempt to get a reply!

This is the first time I have seen your post.

Don't have a clue about Zero Tolerance. As for the Waiver you can't file anything until you are rejected/denied. As for the MSC and you I-129F all your processing will go as it should regardless of your overstay. The overstay won't play a part until you have our US Consulate interview and then if there is a bar/ban in place you will denied and then you file the Waiver and wait out that decision.

Rete
Old Sep 26th 2002, 8:31 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Don't have a clue about Zero Tolerance. As for the Waiver you can't file anything until you are rejected/denied. As for the MSC and you I-129F all your processing will go as it should regardless of your overstay. The overstay won't play a part until you have our US Consulate interview and then if there is a bar/ban in place you will denied and then you file the Waiver and wait out that decision.

Rete
Old Sep 28th 2002, 2:21 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you for your help - So all we have to worry about is the London Embassy Interview.

My hubby sent in the petition on Sept 3rd and they received and signed for it on Sept 4th - we haven't had the 1st NOA yet is that usual? It is now 24 days.

Jean

Originally posted by Rete:

Rete
Old Sep 28th 2002, 3:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

mrsstrickland is an unknown quantity at this point

i had my 1st NOA from texas within a week, if you have proof of them cashing your cheque, call them and ask, thats what i would do, good luck
Old Sep 28th 2002, 4:18 pm
Concierge

Originally posted by Loversdream:
Thank you for your help - So all we have to worry about is the London Embassy Interview.

My hubby sent in the petition on Sept 3rd and they received and signed for it on Sept 4th - we haven't had the 1st NOA yet is that usual? It is now 24 days.

Jean

Because it has been recevied doesn't mean it has been assigned to an agent to be processed yet. According to an attorney who now and then frequents the NG, the INS is closing up shop for a week or two to do their semi-annual inventory. This means that petitions already assigned to agents will be worked on, however, new petitions will be on hold in the mailroom until the inventory is complete. It is a normal occurrence for the INS and supposedly helps them decide how many people to assign to certain types of petitions.

Although he should have received the first NOA by this time, there isn't much you can do unless as Mrs. Strickland has said the checks have been cased and a case under has been assigned and is indicated on the check. In that instance you can call the service center to find out.

Rete
Old Sep 28th 2002, 4:20 pm
Forum Regular

The check hadn't been cashed last Wednesday when my hubby checked his bank account.

Thank you for explaining things to me - guess I am paranoid.

Because it has been recevied doesn't mean it has been assigned to an agent to be processed yet. According to an attorney who now and then frequents the NG, the INS is closing up shop for a week or two to do their semi-annual inventory. This means that petitions already assigned to agents will be worked on, however, new petitions will be on hold in the mailroom until the inventory is complete. It is a normal occurrence for the INS and supposedly helps them decide how many people to assign to certain types of petitions.

Although he should have received the first NOA by this time, there isn't much you can do unless as Mrs. Strickland has said the checks have been cased and a case under has been assigned and is indicated on the check. In that instance you can call the service center to find out.

Rete
Old Sep 28th 2002, 4:40 pm
Forum Regular

He just checked his account again and no check been cashed
Old Sep 28th 2002, 7:17 pm
Forum Regular

Default Re: Zero Tolerance

Zero Tolerance: The INS has begun to institute a zero tolerance policy. This means that if people are out of status, adjudicators will not be exercising discretion to consider the status violation de minimis and approve the benefit being sought. There is tremendous pressure being brought to bear by the Administration, the Congress, and the INS itself to ensure that the present state of the law is being followed precisely.

Got this from Matthew Udall's Web page

Jean

Rete