Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

OT Please Pray For Those Lost in the WTC

OT Please Pray For Those Lost in the WTC

Old Sep 11th 2001, 2:45 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

I am here on 54th and 6th Avenue in NYC. I arrived at the same time that the second plane went into the WTC. Please pray for those that have lost their lives this morning.

Rita
(who admits to be being scared to death and whose husband is on his way into the city with the Guard)
Old Sep 11th 2001, 3:14 pm
Just Joined

lvlT is an unknown quantity at this point

My prayers are with you and Jim, Rita. And everybody who has family anywhere on the East Coast. I can't imagine the fear...
Old Sep 11th 2001, 3:35 pm
pharrya's troublen strife

ms_bhon has a brilliant futurems_bhon has a brilliant futurems_bhon has a brilliant futurems_bhon has a brilliant futurems_bhon has a brilliant futurems_bhon has a brilliant future

I'm in state of shock...hoping all my New York friends who came down for our announcement party on Saturday are okay...
Rita and Jim please take care of your selves up there... this is most unbelievable and about the worst tragedy I've seen in this country in my lifetime...what kind of sicko freaks would peretrate this kind of thing....
Please everyone take care.
Beth in Baltimore
Old Sep 11th 2001, 4:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

tara is an unknown quantity at this point

praying for elaine and mahesh who are due in from india today.
Old Sep 11th 2001, 4:15 pm
Grinch

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Pleased to hear you are ok. I thought of you this morning as soon as it happened.
Take care.

Grinch

Old Sep 11th 2001, 4:41 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

They will not be in today. All air service has been terminated in and out of NYC. We are virtually stranded here with no public transportation to leave the city. Seriously thinking of walking the 60 odd blocks to the Bronx border and walking across the bridge to a subway station with limited Bronx service.

If you are watching the news, you will see that people are stotic <sp>. I am in shock and cannot allow myself to think of what has occurred because I cannot break down at this point in time.

My sister e-mailed me that her friend's husband was in building 1 of the WTC when the first plane hit. He made it out of the building alive.

Rita
Old Sep 11th 2001, 4:45 pm
Usa2uk

We will be praying for those as well as you and your husband. Please be careful and
take care.

Michelle

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Sep 11th 2001, 4:45 pm
Daisy

(((Rita))) I'm praying for his safety honey, and for the safety of all those helping
those poor victims.

Daisy

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Sep 11th 2001, 5:27 pm
Daisy

All US airports are closed, I wonder where they will go? I heard all flights were
being taken to Canada.

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Sep 11th 2001, 5:52 pm
Shawn

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Just glad the two of you are OK. We were hoping to go to Philly tomorrow to get my
EAD and put in the AOS paperwork. This has to be put on hold... the offices have more
important things to deal with at the moment.

I don't want to hear anyone moaning in this newsgroup that their paperwork trail has
been put on hold because of this. These events are far bigger than any one of us, and
we should be thankful that we're not in the middle of all this.

Shawn. Still in shock, a little angry, a little tearful.

Old Sep 11th 2001, 6:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

brianr is an unknown quantity at this point

Been watching it on the news since just before the time the 2nd plane hit the WTC.

Everyone affected has our deepest sympathy and I pray we hear of miracle rescues from the rubble over the next few days... All good luck to the rescue services.

Brian (UK) and Sharon (USA).
Old Sep 11th 2001, 6:55 pm
Just Joined

Tony30 is an unknown quantity at this point

My prayers are with you Rita.
Nightmare!!!
Old Sep 11th 2001, 7:04 pm
Danny Davis

We are all with you in spirit.

Dan

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Sep 11th 2001, 7:14 pm
Renata

What a terrible day this has been...Rita I hope you and your husband are ok, my best
wishes to you and to this country and the world. Suddenly the future is looking very
messy for us all. Renata

Re www.k1faq.com The Mysterious Sealed Brown Envelope
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Sep 11th 2001, 7:23 pm
Mike Roda

Shawn wrote:
    >
    >
    >

That's easy for you to say since you are with the person you love right now. In times
like this the instinct to be with loved ones is stronger than ever and those of us
that are waiting on our petitions are now in terror themselves.

Mike

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.