Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

OT : A huge pet hate - US Ticket Master

OT : A huge pet hate - US Ticket Master

Old Feb 11th 2005, 9:59 pm
I love Marmite, she don't

franc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to behold
Default OT : A huge pet hate - US Ticket Master

I just bought tickets from the UK for Chitty Chitty Bang Bang and paid a reasonable 1 pound and 50 pence in service charge fees with free postal shipping.

Buying some tickets ONLINE for s show over here in the USA from TicketMaster goes something like this :

$7.50 convenience charge per ticket (what friggin convenience).
$2 per ticket delivery charge (For Electronic delivery HA HA HA HA)
$5 transaction fee. Huh ? What's that - it ain't convenient !!!!

I nearly paid double the price of the show I was seeing in extra charges...

Grrrrrr.... Do the USA realise this a RIP-OFF monopoly and something has to be done to stop ticket-ripoff-master screwing with us all...

End of RANT...
Old Feb 11th 2005, 10:09 pm
Powder Maggot

AdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OT : A huge pet hate - US Ticket Master

ticketmaster evil

generates 33,900 hits on google. So there you go!
Old Feb 11th 2005, 10:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

Ticketmaster have us by the short and curlys when it comes to buying tickets. You'll also get emails almost every other day reminding you of shows or sporting events that you have zero interest in going to. I have never understood the convenience charge?. If they are going to call it that, they may aswell have an audio file on the website that goes "Cha Ching!" everytime you submit your credit card details.
Old Feb 11th 2005, 10:29 pm
I love Marmite, she don't

franc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to behold

That's good. 33,000 - I'm not alone...

I hope someone does something. There has to be a legal loop-hole - and Lawyers love finding loop-holes as a way to make money.

Monopolistic has to be the way...
Old Feb 11th 2005, 11:53 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

no other ticket sites then? I thought there were a couple in europe??

Or just direct from the vendors?
Old Feb 11th 2005, 11:56 pm
Forum Regular

Expat_Wannabe is on a distinguished road

Just looking to book tickets for Coachella and TicketMaster charges $25 per ticket Bloody ridiculous!
Old Feb 12th 2005, 12:17 am

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs down Re: OT : A huge pet hate - US Ticket Master

Ditto for 'Telecharge' as well. Bastards!
Old Feb 12th 2005, 5:00 am
Just Joined

VegaLA is an unknown quantity at this point

I just discovered this the hard way as well. Brought some tickets for Coachelia or whatever its called so I can see New Order perform on May 1st and with the additional charges just 2 tickets cost me just under $200 !!!