Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

OT: To Be a Fly On Our Walls

OT: To Be a Fly On Our Walls

Old May 9th 2002, 11:33 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default OT: To Be a Fly On Our Walls

This evening I was telling Jim that the next INS project is his naturalization next year. Told him that since I did all the forms and packages for the K-1, the AOS, the EAD's and the A/P's, called and followed up with Matt Udall and our Congressional Immigration Liaison, that the naturalization was completely his. Well he took it nicely ;-)

I had him go online to the INS website and had him order the N-400 and the Guide to Naturalization. While he was doing that, he saw that the I-751 is fillable online. Wanted to do it ... so I let him. There the fun began.

Have you tried to explain the reasoning behing the use of N/A vs None or No? I guess you all have. It is an experience and lead to a heated discussion of right and wrong, acceptable and unacceptable. But with laughter as well ;-)

The form is completed, printed head to toe, front and back, ready for signature.

Now do you think I can get him to collate the attachments, two hold punch the top, do the checklist, insert the tabs, write the cover letter and bind it all with the acco fastener? Hmmm don't think so.

Rete
Old May 10th 2002, 2:20 am
Mrs_blackross

Default Re: To Be a Fly On Our Walls

my husband, the USC, has a different philosophy...his reply to any request for help
with the forms or any discussion I start on INS paperwork is simply "legalese stuff
is your department, babe. just tell me where to sign, I trust you."

makes me wanna smack him sometimes. LOL

"Rete" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > This evening I was telling Jim that the next INS project is his naturalization next
    > year. Told him that since I did all the forms and packages for the K-1, the AOS,
    > the EAD's and the A/P's, called and followed up with Matt Udall and our
    > Congressional Immigration Liaison, that the naturalization was completely his. Well
    > he took it nicely
    >
    > I had him go online to the INS website and had him order the N-400 and the Guide to
    > Naturalization. While he was doing that, he saw that the I-751 is fillable online.
    > Wanted to do it ... so I let him. There the fun began.
    >
    > Have you tried to explain the reasoning behing the use of N/A vs None or No? I
    > guess you all have. It is an experience and lead to a heated discussion of right
    > and wrong, acceptable and unacceptable. But with laughter as well
    >
    > The form is completed, printed head to toe, front and back, ready for signature.
    >
    > Now do you think I can get him to collate the attachments, two hold punch the top,
    > do the checklist, insert the tabs, write the cover letter and bind it all with the
    > acco fastener? Hmmm don't think so.
    >
    > Rete
    >
    >
    >
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old May 10th 2002, 10:17 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OT: To Be a Fly On Our Walls

CC

Legalese is my forte. I've been a legal secretary/paralegal for over 23 years. And that is all Jim has had to do ... sign.

And yes I have smacked him on occasion ... on the arm (we sit side by side in our computer room) when we play backgammon and he is killing me.

Rete
Old May 10th 2002, 7:20 pm
Mdudall

>when we play backgammon

I love that game. Got hooked on it in college. Is there any way you and I could play
a game on line? Matt

Old May 10th 2002, 8:06 pm
Concierge

Sure I'm a registered member of the zone (www.zone.com)

You register and d/l the gammon software, it is quick and easy. Send me an e-mail when you are ready to play and I will give you my user name for the zone.

I also play scrabble there as well.

Rita