Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Is the Oprah/James Frey Story Over the Top?

Is the Oprah/James Frey Story Over the Top?

Old Jan 27th 2006, 2:59 am

robskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is the Oprah/James Frey Story Over the Top?

I have to say that I loved "A million little pieces" and the second book "My friend Leonard", I don't really give a damn what Oprah thinks about the book being embellished, any memoir is just that, a memoir of how the author remembers events happening.
Old Jan 27th 2006, 3:02 am

cuckoofrommars is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by robskatie
I have to say that I loved "A million little pieces" and the second book "My friend Leonard", I don't really give a damn what Oprah thinks about the book being embellished, any memoir is just that, a memoir of how the author remembers events happening.
Yeah but he didn't remember it that way - he made it up.
Old Jan 27th 2006, 3:03 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leslie66
Is he any relation to that Amber Frey bimbo?
Or Glen Frey of "Eagles" fame. Now that I mention it..... is Amber any relation to Glen?

The plot thickens!
Old Jan 27th 2006, 3:05 am

robskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cuckoofrommars
Yeah, but then it wouldn't have read as well would it! Anyway, it's his book not Oprah's
Old Jan 27th 2006, 3:06 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cuckoofrommars
Well, I make up crap every day and I don't even get paid for it. Who died and made Oprah God of everybody? Who gives a crap what she thinks? I wouldn't have apologized to her if I'd have been him. And furthermore, if she starts any shit with me about my habitual lying, I'll just punch her in the genitals. Don't dare me.... I'll do it!
Old Jan 27th 2006, 4:05 am
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

Of course it is way over the top. But then again, isn't everything?
Old Jan 27th 2006, 4:24 am
my arm aches

ladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond repute

Doesn't the guy portray himself as a habitual liar and not to be trusted in the book? If that's the case, why the big surprise that he still carries those traits whilst writing the book?

I can't see what all the fuss is about. Nobody goes through life without twisting the facts or exagerating occasionally. It's human nature.
Old Jan 27th 2006, 4:30 am
WTF?

Rush Limbaugh lies through his teeth in all of his books as well as daily on his radio show. Why doesn't Oprah smack him around?
Old Jan 27th 2006, 4:34 am

Shahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of light

James Frey has been made into a scapegoat. I am sure there have been many other writers who have made things up.
Old Jan 27th 2006, 4:35 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Just to help Lesley ... Ophra Wingding is a actress who was in a film called the purple raincoat or something like that ..and James Frey is a brit TV chef I believe ... Although I tend not to follow these people unless they are on COPS ...
Old Jan 27th 2006, 4:43 am
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Ray
Just to help Lesley ... Ophra Wingding is a actress who was in a film called the purple raincoat or something like that ..and James Frey is a brit TV chef I believe ... Although I tend not to follow these people unless they are on COPS ...

All together now..

Bad boys bad boys whatcha gonna dooooo
Watcha gonna dooo when dey come fer joooooo......

Aaaah my theme song.
Old Jan 27th 2006, 4:52 am
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Or Glen Frey of "Eagles" fame. Now that I mention it..... is Amber any relation to Glen?

The plot thickens!

he he see you've picked up on the thread now...must have been that last shot of caffeine or something
Old Jan 27th 2006, 5:00 am
WTF?

Originally Posted by TruBrit
he he see you've picked up on the thread now...must have been that last shot of caffeine or something
Yes I have a complete grasp of the situation. My razor sharp mind and stunning intellect have led me to the following conclusions:

Oprah is just a big fat media whore..... Everybody on the thread realizes that, yet they still watch her show.

James Frey is a big fat lying author but we still like him better than Oprah.
Old Jan 27th 2006, 5:01 am
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes I have a complete grasp of the situation. My razor sharp mind and stunning intellect have led me to the following conclusions:

Oprah is just a big fat media whore..... Everybody on the thread realizes that, yet they still watch her show.

there yer go....
Old Jan 27th 2006, 5:04 am
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Er, point of order! I dont watch Oprah. If I had to watch Oprah or have my eyes poked out by dwarf clowns weilding grilled Locust penises I'd go for the vertically challenged cicada eye surgery everytime.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.