Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

One for the ladies.....

One for the ladies.....

Old Feb 26th 2004, 10:57 am
BE Enthusiast

whatever will become famous soon enoughwhatever will become famous soon enough
Default One for the ladies.....

I said ladies!!! So why then Patrick, Webbie, Manc1976, Yosser, Pulaski etc..... are you reading this?!?!?!? Tut Tut
LOL

My question to the girls is... do you have to pay for 'the pill' in the US (I just know that's a big fat yes), and if so, how much do you get charged on average?? The NHS throws these things at you in the UK but somehow I doubt it will be that way in the US.

Thanks girlies (and gentlemen).
Old Feb 26th 2004, 11:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Jan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond repute

I go to Planned Parenthood northern Michigan, I dont know how much the pill costs through them but I do know its less that through a regular doctors surgery or 'quick care'. You can also order them over the inet or phone once you are registered.

I use Depovera which is a contraceptive shot, I get it every 12 weeks and it costs $70

Jan
Old Feb 26th 2004, 11:48 am
Rock Goddess

Rockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond repute

I was getting it free in England, but have heard it's quite expensive over here. A colleague at work said she was paying something like $50 a month for it, but I can't remember the exact figure. I just stopped taking it so I guess I'll never find out. I think the US could really use a free contraceptive ethos. And before you ask...it was purely for hormonal reasons.
Old Feb 26th 2004, 12:57 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: One for the ladies.....

Originally posted by whatever
I said ladies!!! So why then Patrick, Webbie, Manc1976, Yosser, Pulaski etc..... are you reading this?!?!?!? Tut Tut
LOL

My question to the girls is... do you have to pay for 'the pill' in the US (I just know that's a big fat yes), and if so, how much do you get charged on average?? The NHS throws these things at you in the UK but somehow I doubt it will be that way in the US.

About $35 - $40 a month in Chitown. Just as a matter of interest, the EXACT same thing, made by the same pharmaceutical companies, costs about $4 or $5 in Mexico.
Old Feb 26th 2004, 1:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Duncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond repute

If you use it to regulate a medical condition, such as PCOS, then it should be covered by insurance.
Old Feb 26th 2004, 2:14 pm
jingling

jcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond repute

Under our insurance plan, it's $10. If you get the generic, it can be $5. It depends on your insurance policy. I've heard of it costing $30 with other insurance policies.
Old Feb 26th 2004, 3:07 pm
Forum Regular

Kite Chick is an unknown quantity at this point

[

Under my hubby's insurance I just have to pay for the visit to the Doc's ($10) for my shot of Depo. Having spoken to a girlfriend out here I believe the pill itself can be more expensive (approx $50 per month) but it can all come down to your insurance policy and if contraception is included in the plan.
Old Feb 26th 2004, 3:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

rogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud of

It's not a problem for us, we practice safe sex anyway.

i.e. My wife doesn't let me, but then we have been married for 2.5 years ;O)
Old Feb 26th 2004, 5:35 pm
Never right in the head!

Yosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond repute

Excuse me while I chime in on this one.

Nope, haven't got a clue how much the "pill" is over here?

But, Brits with soon to be Teenagers that are going to school over here probably won't even know what the "pill" is, let alone how much it costs.

Sex education seems to be a big no-no, much like teaching religion in schools. I was gob-smacked when my wife told me that there were virtually no sex education in high school, maybe it explains why there are so many teenage pregnancies???

It seems the yanks are more pre-occupied with drinking under the age of 21, then what their 15 year old daughter is getting upto in the back of Wayne's Trans-am.
Old Feb 26th 2004, 6:04 pm
jingling

jcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Yosser

But, Brits with soon to be Teenagers that are going to school over here probably won't even know what the "pill" is, let alone how much it costs.

Sex education seems to be a big no-no, much like teaching religion in schools. I was gob-smacked when my wife told me that there were virtually no sex education in high school, maybe it explains why there are so many teenage pregnancies???

It seems the yanks are more pre-occupied with drinking under the age of 21, then what their 15 year old daughter is getting upto in the back of Wayne's Trans-am.
I've had sex-educ. in school. I think the first intro was in grade 5, and before anyone says anything, it was completely G rated! . There was more in later grades, but probably not as much as they could have done.

Regarding the teen pregnancies, it's also up to parents to educate their children. Even then, not all teens will listen. And other times, parents leave the task up to school or even teen peers. I wonder sometimes what the cause is, do you think it's lack of education or something else?
Old Feb 26th 2004, 8:52 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Yosser

Let's hope somebody got Wayne up to speed then.
Old Feb 26th 2004, 10:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by jcapulet
Under our insurance plan, it's $10. If you get the generic, it can be $5. It depends on your insurance policy. I've heard of it costing $30 with other insurance policies.
I pay $10 a month for mine on my health insurance. I have 12 refills for the entire year. On every other health insurance plan I've been on, it's only been $10 (wonder what insurance plans charge $50?!?!?!)
Old Feb 27th 2004, 7:49 am
Howling at the Moon

lairdside will become famous soon enoughlairdside will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by jcapulet
I've had sex-educ. in school. I think the first intro was in grade 5, and before anyone says anything, it was completely G rated! . There was more in later grades, but probably not as much as they could have done.

Regarding the teen pregnancies, it's also up to parents to educate their children. Even then, not all teens will listen. And other times, parents leave the task up to school or even teen peers. I wonder sometimes what the cause is, do you think it's lack of education or something else?
My daughter had sex ed classes here too. Last year when she was in 6th grade.
Old Feb 27th 2004, 12:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

whatever will become famous soon enoughwhatever will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by Duncan Roberts
If you use it to regulate a medical condition, such as PCOS, then it should be covered by insurance.

What's PCOS please?
Old Feb 27th 2004, 12:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

207lonsdale is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by whatever
What's PCOS please?

Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.