Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Oh Gosh! Help...

Wikiposts

Oh Gosh! Help...

Old Nov 23rd 2011, 2:46 am
Lump Of Coal

GetOutOfBlighty is just really niceGetOutOfBlighty is just really niceGetOutOfBlighty is just really niceGetOutOfBlighty is just really niceGetOutOfBlighty is just really niceGetOutOfBlighty is just really niceGetOutOfBlighty is just really niceGetOutOfBlighty is just really nice
Default Re: Oh Gosh! Help...

Originally Posted by elliot101
Congratulations!
Old Nov 23rd 2011, 7:00 am
Forum Regular

CAProgrammer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by GetOutOfBlighty
Just thought I'd update and say that the visa was delivered today
Congrats! When are you moving over to the US?
Old Nov 23rd 2011, 9:02 am
Lump Of Coal

GetOutOfBlighty is just really niceGetOutOfBlighty is just really niceGetOutOfBlighty is just really niceGetOutOfBlighty is just really niceGetOutOfBlighty is just really niceGetOutOfBlighty is just really niceGetOutOfBlighty is just really niceGetOutOfBlighty is just really nice

Originally Posted by CAProgrammer
Congrats! When are you moving over to the US?
CAProgrammer - hope (think) that we'll be going in Jan 2012. Probably towards the end of Jan.

I really want to go now but I have notice to work, last Christmas with the family and then we're off! Cannot wait.

Where are you headed?
Old Nov 23rd 2011, 11:40 pm
Forum Regular

CAProgrammer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by GetOutOfBlighty
CAProgrammer - hope (think) that we'll be going in Jan 2012. Probably towards the end of Jan.

I really want to go now but I have notice to work, last Christmas with the family and then we're off! Cannot wait.

Where are you headed?
I'm heading to the bay area in California. I've leaving in January too (10th). I'm working my notice period till the 20th of December.

Not sure if I should start applying for jobs now or when I get there. Would be easy enough to send the CV (sorry Resume) in now, but then interviews, etc are harder when you aren't in the country and there are big time zone differences.

Have you lined up a new job already?
Old Nov 24th 2011, 12:11 am
Lump Of Coal

Originally Posted by CAProgrammer
I'm heading to the bay area in California. I've leaving in January too (10th). I'm working my notice period till the 20th of December.

Not sure if I should start applying for jobs now or when I get there. Would be easy enough to send the CV (sorry Resume) in now, but then interviews, etc are harder when you aren't in the country and there are big time zone differences.

Have you lined up a new job already?

Yeah, I finish on 16th December

I'm "looking" for jobs, but will look proberly when I'm set up over there with my SS number and and address. And I need to meet a few people and follow up on contacts that I have already when I arrive so I think I'll wait. I'm in quite a fortunate position as my wife is transferring with her company.

Got enough to worry about prior to moving like packing, shipping, renting out my flat and finding an appartment in NYC. Don't need job applications etc to worry about too...

I wish I was there now though!