Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Oh dear - more on the unarmed Brazilian shooting in London

Oh dear - more on the unarmed Brazilian shooting in London

Old Aug 16th 2005, 2:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Oh dear - more on the unarmed Brazilian shooting in London

Originally Posted by Big D
Did you not read my post? Yes i read it - my point was that this is a leak - unconfirmed and as so different from the previous version that i'm not sure i believe it until confirmed - which i'm sure will come in time
Seems it was a leak:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/4157892.stm
Old Aug 16th 2005, 2:33 pm
Return of bouncing girl!

Wintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anotherlimey
I think it's a bloody disgrace that in a supposedly democratic country there could be a cover-up of these proportions.

Nothing new, though - the public get told what they want us to hear so that no-one has to take the rap for mistakes of gargantuan proportions such as this.
Old Aug 16th 2005, 2:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Big D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wintersong
I think it's a bloody disgrace that in a supposedly democratic country there could be a cover-up of these proportions.

Nothing new, though - the public get told what they want us to hear so that no-one has to take the rap for mistakes of gargantuan proportions such as this.

If it turns out to be true? But if it was a cover up why not fabricate that he WAS linked to the bombings??

Until we get the answer from the investigation this is all really speculation and out of context. If it turns out to be true it is unlikely to be covered up now anyway - then we can say what a bloody disgrace this was.
Old Aug 16th 2005, 2:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Taffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ladyofthelake
It's an article on a leak. It's not the gosple truth...yet.
Who's to know if this version is any more reliable than versions we've heard before?
Agreed.

Here's an eye witness account just after it happened- a lot different to that reported in the 'leak'

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4706913.stm

We'll just have to wait for the results of the investigation.
Old Aug 17th 2005, 12:22 am

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wintersong

Democratic or not, there have always been secret operations in the UK - bits and pieces of them come out from time to time, and who knows what of the truth we get, if any. Wag the dog.

The Brazilian is still dead though. Now that I'm a parent I can imagine what his mother feels.
Old Aug 17th 2005, 12:28 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter
Democratic or not, there have always been secret operations in the UK .
I find that very hard to believe ....The News of the World has the pulse of the nation...
Old Aug 17th 2005, 12:29 am

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
.The News of the World has the pulse of the nation...

You can shoot me now.
Old Aug 17th 2005, 1:04 am
ImHere

And here we have it. Ive said it before and I'll say it again...The police had seconds to make a life or death decision while everyone else has plenty of time to pour over what may or may not have happened. Sometimes shit happens when you are dealing with these kind of scenarios. But I have an idea...lets forget all the death, carnage and terror caused by the terrorists and instead whip up a frenzy over what *may* have been a bad call by the police under extreme circumstances caused by the terrorists. Of course, no-one on here now knows or ever will know what actually occured.

Witnesses are notoriously bad at remembering what happens in a heartbeat just moments later, let alone weeks later. And that picture? Shows a body - dead or not - laying on the floor of a carriage. Nothing more, nothing less.

Old Aug 17th 2005, 1:09 am
ImHere

Originally Posted by Taffyles
Agreed.

Here's an eye witness account just after it happened- a lot different to that reported in the 'leak'

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4706913.stm

We'll just have to wait for the results of the investigation.
"Heavy coat

"He [the suspect] had a baseball cap on and quite a sort of thickish coat - it was a coat you'd wear in winter, sort of like a padded jacket
"

Somewhat different to what witnesses are now saying.

Arrive on scene to an accident surrounded by witnesses..ask 4 different people what just happened and get 4 very different answers. Believe me witnesses are very unreliable.

Old Aug 17th 2005, 2:05 am
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by ImHere
" Believe me witnesses are very unreliable.
Especially the 14 that claimed in court they saw you abuse the goat ?
Old Aug 17th 2005, 2:12 am
strangely floppy..

CarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ukemigrant
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article...738370,00.html

The Brazilian electrician mistakenly killed by police in the aftermath of the second London bombings was being restrained by an officer before he was shot eight times as he was sitting on a Tube train, it emerged tonight.

... and more.

Let the 'it was his own fault for running', 'he shouldn't have been wearing a big coat', 'he shouldn't have been in the country' posts begin!
Oh well, terrible shame and all that. But 'accidents' will happen..
Old Aug 17th 2005, 2:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CarlM
Oh well, terrible shame and all that. But 'accidents' will happen..
Until they happen to you, a family member or a close friend. Then would you be so smug?

I should add, "accidents" happen when my four year old doesn't make it in time to the toilet.....not an innocent man being shot 8 times.

Last edited by AmerLisa; Aug 17th 2005 at 2:22 am.
Old Aug 17th 2005, 2:17 am
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold

Instead of wasting a teardrop over this criminal, how about some sympathy for the honest, law abiding people who had their lives ruined in the original bombings ?

The government should send the bill for the bullets to the family of the dead man with the message " Prompt payment appreciated".
Old Aug 17th 2005, 2:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by doctor scrumpy
Instead of wasting a teardrop over this criminal, how about some sympathy for the honest, law abiding people who had their lives ruined in the original bombings ?

The government should send the bill for the bullets to the family of the dead man with the message " Prompt payment appreciated".
I'm just working on my first cup of coffee, so I may not have too much effort to put into this - yet.

What kind of criminal warrants being restrained and then 8 shots poured into him? Oh yes, the one that overstayed his visa....that'll show 'em! Would hate to see what they would do to the real suicide bombers.....oh yeah, they're in custody.
Old Aug 17th 2005, 2:46 am
strangely floppy..

CarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by doctor scrumpy

..With a P.S - "Please bring some bleach - the platform is in a right mess!"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.