Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Off Topic posts moved from Anchor Baby thread

Wikiposts

Off Topic posts moved from Anchor Baby thread

Old Aug 27th 2021, 3:40 am
Forum Regular

hutchison has a reputation beyond reputehutchison has a reputation beyond reputehutchison has a reputation beyond reputehutchison has a reputation beyond reputehutchison has a reputation beyond reputehutchison has a reputation beyond reputehutchison has a reputation beyond reputehutchison has a reputation beyond reputehutchison has a reputation beyond reputehutchison has a reputation beyond reputehutchison has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Off Topic posts moved from Anchor Baby thread

Originally Posted by Nutmegger
Because if you do want to rely on your child's citizenship, that is an essential.

PS Where did the nectar recipe come from?!
whoops, cross post somehow!. they seem to be more frequent with that recipe using mineral water and organic cane sugar than using the premade dyed nectar.

we plan to have the baby's U.S passport before travel, no he does not have a UK one yet.
just for clarity we are in the U.S since 4 years both Uk citizens and was not aware we could enter back in if we left for a trip to the U.K because of not having the valid visa stamp in the passport yet. (although we had renewal approval since MAY 28 this yr).

Last edited by hutchison; Aug 27th 2021 at 3:43 am.
Old Aug 27th 2021, 3:42 am
Forum Regular

hutchison has a reputation beyond reputehutchison has a reputation beyond reputehutchison has a reputation beyond reputehutchison has a reputation beyond reputehutchison has a reputation beyond reputehutchison has a reputation beyond reputehutchison has a reputation beyond reputehutchison has a reputation beyond reputehutchison has a reputation beyond reputehutchison has a reputation beyond reputehutchison has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tht
so you can’t leave anyway as your child would need a passport to board a flight. Unless you got the UK one? In that case you could leave, but may face issues boarding a plane to get back and even try to get back in.
we aim to get his U.S passport first.
Old Aug 27th 2021, 3:44 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by destone
However, I am unsure if the baby can travel on an ESTA given the US citizenship status (assuming a UK passport has been issued)? As per https://help.cbp.gov/s/article/Artic...language=en_US, "U.S. Citizens are not required to have an ESTA and are required to use their U.S. passport to travel to the U.S."
Citizens can't use the VWP, and they must enter the US on a US passport rather than the passport of any other country.
Old Aug 27th 2021, 3:46 am
tht
DE-UK-NZ-IE-US... the TYP

tht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hutchison
we aim to get his U.S passport first.
ok per some other threads in here there is a big delay / backlog on them (like multipel months) I think I recall you have to apply in person with both parents present to avoid extra paperwork.

a good trick for the photo is to lay a white sheet on the ground and baby on top of it… easier than trying to hold them up for a picture.
Old Aug 27th 2021, 4:05 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by tht
ok per some other threads in here there is a big delay / backlog on them (like multiple months) I think I recall you have to apply in person with both parents present to avoid extra paperwork.

a good trick for the photo is to lay a white sheet on the ground and baby on top of it… easier than trying to hold them up for a picture.
thanks, we did plan to be both present with all docs for simplicity , and yes I did wonder how we were going to get a good photo, maybe when he is milk drunk .

we were until recently waiting for my wife's renewed U.S Driving licence for one of the I.D , this came last week, so we are go to make time to get to the local PO and make the application.
regardless of wether we are able to travel or not

Old Oct 7th 2021, 8:55 am
Forum Regular

we have our Sons US passport, given that we do not have Valid Visa (only I-797A approvals for L1B + L2) can we travel back to uk and re-enter the US as L1 or would it only be Esta?.

I am guessing at this stage the only way we could get back in (in a working capacity under L1) is if we schedule an appointment outside of u.s to get the Visa.

​​​​​​

Last edited by hutchison; Oct 7th 2021 at 9:43 am.
Old Oct 7th 2021, 9:43 am
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hutchison
we have our Sons US passport, given that we do not have Valid Visa (only I-797A approvals for L1B + L2) can we travel back to uk and re-enter the US?
You are free to depart the US at any time.

Once you obtain the non-immigrant visa concomitant with the petition approvals, you are free to apply for admission to the US.
Old Oct 7th 2021, 11:31 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by S Folinsky
You are free to depart the US at any time.

Once you obtain the non-immigrant visa concomitant with the petition approvals, you are free to apply for admission to the US.
thanks for Clarity and your time, and to all.
It appears I missed an important fact, not digesting information correctly.