Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Obtaining UK employment record from USA anyone?

Wikiposts

Obtaining UK employment record from USA anyone?

Old Jun 23rd 2023, 6:26 am
Just Joined

1on1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Obtaining UK employment record from USA anyone?

Hi guys - newbie here.
I am trying to avoid a costly phone call to the national insurance records office in the UK, and ofcourse they are not setup with whatsapp nor do they provide any email address. I know one can write a letter but will they really respond to someone currently living in the USA?

Short of making that call, can anyone recommend any other way to get my UK employment record? BTW my records go back longer than 5 years so i cannot fill out that online form they have which is only good if your work history was within the past 5 years.
Any advice cheerfully accepted.
1on1

Last edited by 1on1; Jun 23rd 2023 at 6:30 am.
Old Jun 23rd 2023, 6:34 am
tht
DE-UK-NZ-IE-US... the TYP

tht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Obtaining UK employment record from USA anyone?

Originally Posted by 1on1
Hi guys - newbie here.
I am trying to avoid a costly phone call to the national insurance records office in the UK, and ofcourse they are not setup with whatsapp nor do they provide any email address. I know one can write a letter but will they really respond to someone currently living in the USA?

Short of making that call, can anyone recommend any other way to get my UK employment record? BTW my records go back longer than 5 years so i cannot fill out that online form they have which is only good if your work history was within the past 5 years.
Any advice cheerfully accepted.
1on1
You mean your NI record ? I can see mine online going back to the 1990’s… shows every full year and missed ones.

And you can call the UK for 1c a min or less with one of many services like Skype…
Old Jun 23rd 2023, 6:52 am
Just Joined

1on1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Tht - Many thanks for that lightning fast reply..
So which website are we talking about? I too worked in the UK in the 90's.
Also, if i end up needing to call them (via skype hopefully), do you know which number i need to dail?
Its been ages since i looked into this and so i'm out of the loop with all things UK
Old Jun 23rd 2023, 7:13 am
tht
DE-UK-NZ-IE-US... the TYP

tht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 1on1
Tht - Many thanks for that lightning fast reply..
So which website are we talking about? I too worked in the UK in the 90's.
Also, if i end up needing to call them (via skype hopefully), do you know which number i need to dail?
Its been ages since i looked into this and so i'm out of the loop with all things UK
https://www.gov.uk/check-national-insurance-record

number was on the website so where, usually 1 at local rate and another that you can dial international. I did my early back and forth via email.