Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

UK Form ID1 - notary requirement

UK Form ID1 - notary requirement

Old Jun 23rd 2023, 1:00 am
BE Enthusiast

angelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond repute
Default UK Form ID1 - notary requirement

So I had posted a few years ago about the same subject. Now a fellow flat owner is selling their flat in my building and I have yet another ID1 form to fill out. As I live in USA it's a bit of a problem since we don't have the same legal system. Previously I had a lawyer friend sign for me. That person is no longer available so I am stuck once more trying to either find a notary willing to sign and hope it's accepted in UK or a lawyer that will sign. I called a few lawyers and they weren't enthusiastic about the whole thing since it's not something in their scope of work. Neither though are the notaries since the form does not have the language and format they are used to. . They are not used to having to provide their own personal details on a form.

Anyone had to do this before?
Old Jun 23rd 2023, 7:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

angelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK Form ID1 - notary requirement

In case anyone reads this and ever requires this service I found a great online service that does exactly this. Based in the UK they use some new fangled app to verify your identity and do a 15 minute zoom call. Super chill cool guy that runs it.
https://www.id5.co.uk/