Wikiposts

Obama wins.

Old Nov 5th 2008, 1:59 am
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Obama wins.

Originally Posted by One Hung Lo
I was told that one reason it is so high is litigation costs - at least the lawyers are benefiting from the system.
There a few reasons I have heard, and yes, that was one of them.
Old Nov 5th 2008, 2:02 am
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lothianlad
THANK YOU, AMERICA! THANK YOU!!!!

THE UK AND EUROPE LOVES YOU!!!

For today.
Old Nov 5th 2008, 2:07 am
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by another bloody yank
For today.
oh you cynic you,
Old Nov 5th 2008, 2:08 am

pgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by another bloody yank
For today.
I sense a bit of sarcasm here Do you not feel the sense of joy and euthoria the rest of the USA is feeling ?
Old Nov 5th 2008, 2:11 am
Unmitigated Gall

Originally Posted by pgtips
I sense a bit of sarcasm here Do you not feel the sense of joy and euthoria the rest of the USA is feeling ?
I wouldn't say joy and "euthoria" would describe my mood, no. I would say I'm nervous, hoping for the best, but staying realistic.
Old Nov 5th 2008, 2:18 am
In yonder hills

britex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond repute

So your answer to everything is blame Clinton ?

I don't hear Obama blaming anyone. Why not just be positive and embrace a new era that will bring hope and maybe prosperity to millions of struggling Americans ?

You could learn a lot from John McCain and the way he accepted defeat gracefully, promising to back Obama in his turning around of the prosperity of the USA.

Just be proud you were on this earth to witness an important bit of history being made, and one I am sure you will be proud to share with your grand kids
Did I blame Clinton for everything? I don't recall that. Never mind, you are seemingly so very hyped about a 'blessed' future - change - that you appear a tard disenchanted about doubts entering the equation.

Personally, I look for statesman-like qualities. As President, Obama might (or might not) prove to possess those qualities in time, and ratify 'changes' in the National interest. If not you're in for one hell of a big disappointment, as many in the UK were with 'saviour' Blair.

---

---
Old Nov 5th 2008, 2:32 am
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

I was addressing my comment to ABY. I will speak for myself alone, and say that I was addressing his addressing of the exuberant comment that the UK and the rest of the world loves us (USA). Fame is fleeting, and God that was a mouthful

I am happy that what has been an increasingly depressing, seemingly neverending and ugly slanging match (and that includes here on BE) is over and we can get on as a hopefully unified, certainly energized people to turn things around. If you read any of my comments recently (which i wouldn't expect, I'm no pundit ) I have expressed hope, but a realistic hope, NOT an idealistic one. This is an intelligent, energetic man, who if is capable of what he has espoused publicly, then he has what it takes to lead and it will take quite a bit.

Side note-it was pointed out in an article I read this morning, that FDR at least had 4 months to get his agenda in place before his inauguration, Mr. Obama has 2 1/2 months.
Old Nov 5th 2008, 2:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Janek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cindyabs
I was addressing my comment to ABY. I will speak for myself alone, and say that I was addressing his addressing of the exuberant comment that the UK and the rest of the world loves us (USA). Fame is fleeting, and God that was a mouthful

I am happy that what has been an increasingly depressing, seemingly neverending and ugly slanging match (and that includes here on BE) is over and we can get on as a hopefully unified, certainly energized people to turn things around. If you read any of my comments recently (which i wouldn't expect, I'm no pundit ) I have expressed hope, but a realistic hope, NOT an idealistic one. This is an intelligent, energetic man, who if is capable of what he has espoused publicly, then he has what it takes to lead and it will take quite a bit.

Side note-it was pointed out in an article I read this morning, that FDR at least had 4 months to get his agenda in place before his inauguration, Mr. Obama has 2 1/2 months.
Well said Cindy!!!!!!!!
Old Nov 5th 2008, 2:45 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Janek66
Well said Cindy!!!!!!!!
Yeah...well said Cindy. I was just going to say to him 'who gave you permission to speak on the behalf of Brits and Europeans'.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Nov 5th 2008 at 2:53 am.
Old Nov 5th 2008, 2:47 am
Sursum corda

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Yeah...well said Cindy. I was just going to say 'who gave you permission to speak on the behalf of Brits and Europeans'.
Aren't you glad I said I'm not a pundit.
Old Nov 5th 2008, 2:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by britex01
What irks me about yet another great political media-hyped song and dance performance, is this use of the word 'change'. What change, from what to what exactly? Blair used this very same word, so did Hitler. Will someone please tell me what Obama's talk of 'change' entails - for real.

----
How about - a foreign policy that uses dialog and diplomacy first, force last? Specifically, a willingness to sit down and talk to the Iranians, and others. I can't believe McCain made such a huge deal out of Obama's willingness to talk.

How about - a genuine attempt to implement a healthcare system that provides coverage to millions (MANY millions) of people not covered today, including those with pre-existing conditions.

How about - a willingness to challenge the theory of 'trickle-down economics' - of giving huge tax breaks to the very rich in the hope they will create 'wealth' (income) for the rest?

Those three CHANGES are enough for me.

Throw in, the change represented by the fact a country elected a man who's father was a muslim, black, and from a third-world-country; who's grandmother was on food-stamps while raising him. That tells me this country is getting over it's stupid isolationist and bigoted past.
Old Nov 5th 2008, 2:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Janek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cindyabs
Aren't you glad I said I'm not a pundit.
LOL My OH and I spent hours watching the pundits last night, mainly CNN with a little MSNBC and FOX thrown in for good measure....CNN's technology irritated me a bit. But the rraw emotion was tangible from all corners.
Old Nov 5th 2008, 2:52 am
Boomshacalaca!!

Tarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hatfield1
Noooooooooo..........I just can't take it anymore
YES YOU CAN!!
:
Old Nov 5th 2008, 2:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paddingtongreen
Do you honestly think the Secret Service would even consider letting them go to any place that they couldn't secure. Amy Carter went to school in a different time. These children have a racial heritage that must be an additional consideration for the Secret Service.
Why would the Secret Service not be able to secure a Public School? I don't see this as too much of a problem.
Old Nov 5th 2008, 2:56 am
Forum Regular

memiek is just really nicememiek is just really nicememiek is just really nicememiek is just really nicememiek is just really nicememiek is just really nicememiek is just really nicememiek is just really nicememiek is just really nice

Originally Posted by Lothianlad
THANK YOU, AMERICA! THANK YOU!!!!

THE UK AND EUROPE LOVES YOU!!!

There I was... always thinking that the UK is part of Europe but apparently its a continent on its own

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.