Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

OAP travel insurance to USA

OAP travel insurance to USA

Old Feb 1st 2005, 2:08 pm
Wabbit Lord

waxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant future
Default OAP travel insurance to USA

Hi guys

After some help

Just wondered if any of you have had older friends/family come to the USA from the UK, and what they did about travel insurance?

I have managed to pursuade my grandparens to come over in the summer, for perhaps a month or 2 depending on travel insurance availability.......

Ouch, its dear though!

For 1 month its like £280 for them both (they will be 79 and 80), and two months is £530 odd. This is with AMEX.

Any other companies? Saga wont load at the moment..........

thanks

:scared:
Old Feb 1st 2005, 2:09 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OAP travel insurance to USA

Originally Posted by waxwabbit
Hi guys

After some help

Just wondered if any of you have had older friends/family come to the USA from the UK, and what they did about travel insurance?

I have managed to pursuade my grandparens to come over in the summer, for perhaps a month or 2 depending on travel insurance availability.......

Ouch, its dear though!

For 1 month its like £280 for them both (they will be 79 and 80), and two months is £530 odd. This is with AMEX.

Any other companies? Saga wont load at the moment..........

thanks

:scared:

off the shelf typical 30 day trip travel insurance from tesco is what my mother used.
Old Feb 1st 2005, 3:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

BrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond repute

My mum used Tesco's last time too and it was very reasonable... this time she is using BA's I believe... as it was a tad cheaper when she booked her tickets...
Old Feb 1st 2005, 5:03 pm
roamin in the gloamin

clydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BrandonBrit
My mum used Tesco's last time too and it was very reasonable... this time she is using BA's I believe... as it was a tad cheaper when she booked her tickets...
My dad always gets Tesco's. Said it's a good price.
Morning Bran.
Old Feb 1st 2005, 5:52 pm
Wabbit Lord

waxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant future

does tesco insure 80 yr olds?
Old Feb 1st 2005, 5:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

britchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud of

what about Boots? They do insurance don't they?
Old Feb 1st 2005, 6:17 pm
roamin in the gloamin

clydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by waxwabbit
does tesco insure 80 yr olds?
My dad is 80 was here at Christmas.He's not in the best of health but he got the insurance through Tesco no problem.
Old Feb 5th 2005, 3:32 pm
Wabbit Lord

thanks for that !!!!!

Now just to see if they'll cover for 1 or 2 months
Old Feb 11th 2005, 7:48 pm
Just Joined

pcave is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: OAP travel insurance to USA

I have just replied to a similar question.

For visitors over 80 try the Inbound USA. They cost around 121 a month. Cover is less than they may have got previously but may be enough for your needs and can be for longer periods.

try www.buyamericaninsurance.com/sri/inboundusa
or go to the route URL and search.

Good Luck.