Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

NYPD and my windscreen

Wikiposts

NYPD and my windscreen

Old Nov 29th 2011, 8:09 am

avanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NYPD and my windscreen

Originally Posted by RoadWarriorFromLP
It's odd, but there are times when windshields crack for no obvious reason. Whatever you do, you'll want to link the front end damage to the windshield, so that you pay only one deductible; if the items are considered to be separate incidents, you might be on the hook for two.
I once had my station wagon's rear window shatter for no known reason. It was particularly annoying because I didn't find out for two wet snowy days, as I was out of town for Thanksgiving. My uncle told me at the time that he once witnessed a similar window just collapse in a car park.
Old Nov 29th 2011, 9:00 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NYPD and my windscreen

Originally Posted by avanutria
I once had my station wagon's rear window shatter for no known reason. It was particularly annoying because I didn't find out for two wet snowy days, as I was out of town for Thanksgiving. My uncle told me at the time that he once witnessed a similar window just collapse in a car park.
If it was the winter, probably a tiny stone chip that filled with water, freezing and expanding will pop a window easily enough.