British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   NSC bastards! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/nsc-bastards-112689/)

waiting4T Oct 11th 2002 5:59 am

Mooey

I just wish there was something we could do. In the begining i thought my senetors office could help, but now i have come to realize they can't do anything. They can only call and get the same answers we do. They can supposedly step in when the INS does something wrong. But i think they have been doing lots of things wrong. Look at Laura she has been waiting forever and her Representative can do nothing i guess. They still say they are working on May 6th her first NOA is way before that and that would make me think they screwed something up, but her Rep. can do nothing i guess. I am getting worried. It could be that if i call they could get mad and make my case take longer or something. I don't know?? But i don't think so. I wish i had money then i would hire a lawyer and file charges. I heard about someone that did it and as soon as INS heard about it they approved the case right away. If the lady was telling the truth she said maybe 1 officer had it then they transfered it to another officer. If they did that then that means it starts all over again. So if they approve it by the end of the month i will still have to wait who knows how long. My fiance has 2 friends that are waiting for their interview one has been waiting 9 months the other 7 months. I don't know what is going on anymore.

mrbean Oct 11th 2002 6:30 am

woops, sorry.

please accept my unreserved apologies. i diddnt mean to upset anyone especially as i came here for information and support, the same as everyone else. im sure you did nothing to antagonise the INS other than be another caller on another busy day. stay positive is all i meant.

alright, so i did come back to read more ;)

Mooey Oct 11th 2002 6:51 am

I Know but they are a govenment agency and they will do what they will do.. I feel so much for Laura,, I am waiting and my date is 24th May and I know that there has been so many with dates agfter mine,, and even though I am pleased ofr each and everyone of them you still hurt for yourself that you havent been the lucky one..
heck working on the 5th May.!! Iv seen a 6th of Juine approved already.. and why on earth would they keep pasing them from one officer to another??? once the officer has started the security checks then any one should be able to find that file and approve it heck everything is computerised all officers should be able to approve no matter who started them... unless it is like I say they get a bonus for the amount of files they make decisions on.. then yes the so and so's are putting mine to the bottyom of a pile,, and the only reason I will have more pages in mine is because I have the children to concider also.. the wait is now getting to them as much as it is me.. they have seen their new home and rooms and they want to get to them..!!!
Where will the interview be for you ??? I am in Spain and I cant seem to find anyone that can give me any idea of how lñong I will have to wait for my interview,, I am hoping that itcant be too long as I dont see many from here.. but then that can work the other way and they may wait till they have a few interviews together so I could have a long wait..!!!

Dont you feel bad at getting upset and venting off you go for it you have to.then when you acutaslly calm down you feel stronger and you tell yourself,, "Heck I am going to get through this, who the hell do they think they are talking to me like that, They cant win in the end you have to get a result..!!and it has to be a bloody good reson to not approve.....

as for getting a attorney not sure its worth all the extra money they will only find out the same..! its some one on the inside that we need...lol

I have just found out that bless them they will be having ANOTHER day off on Monday....lol well we know how hard they work dont we..lol I think if they get a back log like they have then all holidays should be cancelled...lol

Originally posted by waiting4T:
Mooey

I just wish there was something we could do. In the begining i thought my senetors office could help, but now i have come to realize they can't do anything. They can only call and get the same answers we do. They can supposedly step in when the INS does something wrong. But i think they have been doing lots of things wrong. Look at Laura she has been waiting forever and her Representative can do nothing i guess. They still say they are working on May 6th her first NOA is way before that and that would make me think they screwed something up, but her Rep. can do nothing i guess. I am getting worried. It could be that if i call they could get mad and make my case take longer or something. I don't know?? But i don't think so. I wish i had money then i would hire a lawyer and file charges. I heard about someone that did it and as soon as INS heard about it they approved the case right away. If the lady was telling the truth she said maybe 1 officer had it then they transfered it to another officer. If they did that then that means it starts all over again. So if they approve it by the end of the month i will still have to wait who knows how long. My fiance has 2 friends that are waiting for their interview one has been waiting 9 months the other 7 months. I don't know what is going on anymore.

Mark Oct 11th 2002 7:42 am

Re: NSC bastards!

Believe it or not, I "think" we received help from a call to NSC last
Friday. I called about my wife's reentry permit application (NOA
4/15/2002) and it turned out that it was finally approved that day
(4/15/2003) and would be mailed out soon. But aside from that, we've
been having trouble with San Diego INS because my wife got a
conditional greencard instead of the 10 year greencard she was
supposed to get, so last June she returned her greencard and filed
Form I-90 to have it replaced. However, we never received a receipt
or NOA or any other evidence that the INS is working towards issuing
her a new greencard. So we've been trying to contact San Diego INS to
find out if her Form I-90 was ever processed. We have yet to receive
a conclusive answer. However, the NSC lady was very nice and helpful.
She told us that my wife's A-file had been sent to NRC from San Diego
on 6/28. She theorized that the I-90 was put in her A-file and then
sent back to storage without being processed! So she requested the
A-file be sent to her at NSC and when it gets there she is going to
call us to let us know whether the I-90 is there or not, and if it is
there she will file it for us. She was very friendly, sympathetic,
and helpful - which was a pleasant surprise for us. Now we'll see if
she really does call us about the A-file.

-Mark

"J" wrote in message news:...
    > (with sarcasm directed to the INS) Has anyone really ever received 'help' by
    > calling them?
    > J

Jan Oct 11th 2002 11:13 am

I seem to remember being in the same position last year. 1st NOA granted
then no sign of a 2nd .... last years hold up was the passing of the Life
Act which resulted in a flood of petitioners in late April which was still
holding up petitions in late Oct ...
Rete and Alvena will probably remember me stressing just the same back then,
unfortunately for me the cost of calling NSC was too high so it was a matter
of sitting tight and waiting .... and waiting .... and waiting .....
All i can say is .. hang in there .....

Jan :o)

"Rete" wrote in message
news:439608.1034277316@britishexpats-
.com
    > Are you sadistic? Why are you doing this to yourself(ves)?
    > I know you are anxious and frustrated but I don't understand why you
    > continually call the service center. Calling once a day or even once a
    > week is not necessary. As you have proven, it gets you no where and if
    > things continue, I wouldn't put it pass the INS to disconnect the known
    > numbers and be sure that the numbers given on the NOA for automatic
    > checking does only that.
    > In my opinion what you and others are doing is the same as using your
    > dirty hands to check the size of the zit on your face. The more you
    > touch it; the bigger it gets. The more you call the service center, the
    > bigger your frustration.
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Mooey Oct 11th 2002 12:11 pm

Hi Jan,
Well dont they always seem to have an excuse..!!!! we sent our petition in at the very beginning of may and had it returned 2 weeks later stamped rejected. even though there was noting wrong with it we got it checked by a solicitor.. we was told to return it with the rejection notice on top and it will get priority...thats was poppycock!!!!
we got out first NOA 24thMay and we are still waiting we found out that be got it returned because they had to clear the shelves and the officers had so many on the desks..that was the beginning of mays excuse.. we have had public holidays and a audit now,, and now they are back working as normal they say and even thought my petition was with an officer since the 19th September I still aint heard...

Originally posted by Jan:
I seem to remember being in the same position last year. 1st NOA granted
then no sign of a 2nd .... last years hold up was the passing of the Life
Act which resulted in a flood of petitioners in late April which was still
holding up petitions in late Oct ...
Rete and Alvena will probably remember me stressing just the same back then,
unfortunately for me the cost of calling NSC was too high so it was a matter
of sitting tight and waiting .... and waiting .... and waiting .....
All i can say is .. hang in there .....

Jan :o)

"Rete" wrote in message
news:439608.1034277316@britishexpats-
.com
    > Are you sadistic? Why are you doing this to yourself(ves)?
    > I know you are anxious and frustrated but I don't understand why you
    > continually call the service center. Calling once a day or even once a
    > week is not necessary. As you have proven, it gets you no where and if
    > things continue, I wouldn't put it pass the INS to disconnect the known
    > numbers and be sure that the numbers given on the NOA for automatic
    > checking does only that.
    > In my opinion what you and others are doing is the same as using your
    > dirty hands to check the size of the zit on your face. The more you
    > touch it; the bigger it gets. The more you call the service center, the
    > bigger your frustration.
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com