British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   NSC bastards! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/nsc-bastards-112689/)

waiting4T Oct 10th 2002 6:58 pm

NSC bastards!

Well i just got off the phone. Guess what they told me that my case just wen't to an officer today!! Thats funny huh for the past 2 weeks every time i called each person told me that an officer had my case since sep. 21st. This lady said she had nothing saying it was with an officer on sep. 21st, and that it just went to an officer today. She knew that i called on monday and she asked me what they told me and i said officer sep. 21 blah blah, and she said no. This lady was the rudest one so far, made me wish i could just punch her in the head as hard as i could. I hate INS and everyone that works there with a passion!!!!! :confused: :confused: she said i'm lucky now because it is with an officer today she said it's good news. I said no it's a bunch of crap because i was lied to and i'm sure u are lyeing to me now!!!!! I really really hate this sh*t!!!!! Also she said i am lucky because i am ahead of schedule since they are processing May 6th. What an a*s!!!
First NOA: May 31

Rete Oct 10th 2002 7:15 pm

Re: NSC bastards!

Are you sadistic? Why are you doing this to yourself(ves)?

I know you are anxious and frustrated but I don't understand why you continually call the service center. Calling once a day or even once a week is not necessary. As you have proven, it gets you no where and if things continue, I wouldn't put it pass the INS to disconnect the known numbers and be sure that the numbers given on the NOA for automatic checking does only that.

In my opinion what you and others are doing is the same as using your dirty hands to check the size of the zit on your face. The more you touch it; the bigger it gets. The more you call the service center, the bigger your frustration.

hmiller Oct 10th 2002 8:15 pm

Hang in their waiting4T!

I know it is frustrating to call and get different information everytime depending who you talk to. I haven't called them since July just to save myself the money AND the heartache of hearing that I am still waiting.

Soon you will be through this and you will be able to look back on this whole experience.

I have seen approvals through Nebraska with 1st NOA's as late as May 24th so I know you'll hear something soon. I'll keep my fingers crossed it is before the end of the month so you can be on to the interview phase:)

Mooey Oct 10th 2002 8:25 pm

Hi Waiting4
Well I know exactly how you feel.. and that woman must be the one I got lat time and she is a bitch!!!! they are messing us about so much I am still waing from the 1st NOA 24th May and so far I have seen 3 others with approvals from the end of May and beginning of June.. I was told when I called a few weeks back that I couldnt be told anything I was ONLY the benificery... so after I calmed down I called yet again and I was told that our petituion went to an officer on the 19th September.. seems then that everyone did so they cleared the shelves...
I called back last week and was told that a officer started working on the petition on the 25th September.. and then after another week I called again got the womanf from hel that told me that I mwasnt going to find out anything and that Ken would have to call.. liek it dont concern me.. anyway I am still waiting and my blood pressure is still up and will remain so until I know what the hell is going on in that place...

Originally posted by waiting4T:
Well i just got off the phone. Guess what they told me that my case just wen't to an officer today!! Thats funny huh for the past 2 weeks every time i called each person told me that an officer had my case since sep. 21st. This lady said she had nothing saying it was with an officer on sep. 21st, and that it just went to an officer today. She knew that i called on monday and she asked me what they told me and i said officer sep. 21 blah blah, and she said no. This lady was the rudest one so far, made me wish i could just punch her in the head as hard as i could. I hate INS and everyone that works there with a passion!!!!! :confused: :confused: she said i'm lucky now because it is with an officer today she said it's good news. I said no it's a bunch of crap because i was lied to and i'm sure u are lyeing to me now!!!!! I really really hate this sh*t!!!!! Also she said i am lucky because i am ahead of schedule since they are processing May 6th. What an a*s!!!

[email protected] Oct 10th 2002 9:35 pm

Rete wrote:
    > Are you sadistic? Why are you doing this to yourself(ves)?
    > I know you are anxious and frustrated but I don't understand why you
    > continually call the service center.

Agreed... Calling too many times only ties up them up so they are unable
to help others

Folinskyinla Oct 10th 2002 9:55 pm

Hi:

Although fictional, it pays to rember Vito Corleone "Lets reason together." Also remember Michael Corleone describing his father to a "man of respect" as a man who "doesn't hear the word 'no'."

I certainly hope you are venting in your writing and you do not TALK to the telephone information officer that way. Two percent of the time, you do get a rude INS person. However, 98% of the time, you are getting a reflection of what YOU are saying.

The woman you spoke to did NOT have your file folder in front of her. She is not familiar with your file at all. The ONLY information she will have is what is on her computer screen and nothing more. I've seen those screens and they do not have a history of the file movement. So don't assume the person will know about the prior calls. Also, lets say the file had been pulled and sent to officer John, John gets sick, goes home and his files are transferred officer Steven. You may have had the information about officer John and the lady now on the phone with you will know only about officer Steven.

Do continue to make your inquiries, they are a good thing to do. However, be POLITE, but firm. If you are not satisified, tell her that you have been calling a lot and could you be connected to the "ombudsman" and tell her politely, "If I should get connected, could you please give me the direct dial number so I don't have to bother you again, ma'aam.?"

You might be surprised how effective that can be at times.

Good luck.

courtneydus2001 Oct 10th 2002 10:05 pm

Cheer up Today someone was approved for the sameday as yours. May 31. You are almost there, you don't want to get your blood preasure up and not be in good health for your sweetie, do u. My 1st noa is june 14th. I get mad as h*ll but I think that it could be worst. I'm a desert storm vet living all alone, my nearest relative is 130 miles away which is my kids and my and my X still don't get alone. All my other relatives live 3000 miles away and the holiday season is coming up. Another years end I might be all alone. So before you stress yourself to bad, just think that there's someone that have a lot to stress about then you. If I can keep my blood preasure down, so can you. FOR YOU LOVE IF NOTHING ELSE.

GOOD LUCK, YOU'RE CLOSE
JUST RELAX

J Oct 10th 2002 10:28 pm

(with sarcasm directed to the INS) Has anyone really ever received 'help' by
calling them?

J

"[email protected]" wrote in message
news:[email protected]
t
    > Rete wrote:
    > >
    > > Are you sadistic? Why are you doing this to yourself(ves)?
    > >
    > > I know you are anxious and frustrated but I don't understand why you
    > > continually call the service center.
    > Agreed... Calling too many times only ties up them up so they are unable
    > to help others

Mrtravel Oct 10th 2002 11:18 pm

Yes.
When we were able to reach CSC with a question, we got the answers we
needed.
Of course, we were a bit pissed at all of the busy signals.
So, yes, calling everyday isn't going to buy you anything. I can imagine
them getting so irritated they might slow you down on purpose.

J wrote:
    > (with sarcasm directed to the INS) Has anyone really ever received 'help' by
    > calling them?
    > J
    > "[email protected]" wrote in message
    > [url="news:[email protected]"]news:[email protected][-
    > /url]...
    > >
    > >
    > > Rete wrote:
    > > >
    > > > Are you sadistic? Why are you doing this to yourself(ves)?
    > > >
    > > > I know you are anxious and frustrated but I don't understand why you
    > > > continually call the service center.
    > >
    > > Agreed... Calling too many times only ties up them up so they are unable
    > > to help others

waiting4T Oct 11th 2002 4:26 am

Rete and Mr travel

I do not call every day, and i usually don't call even once a week!!! Also if i want to call that is my right, that is what the number is for to call. It is part of the government, i pay taxes and i paid my petition fee. So i can call as many times as i like... Also i wasn't rude to the lady, just trying to find out why i have been told so many times 1 thing and now she tells me something different. That is what set me off, because i was told so many times it was with an officer at a certain date, then she tells me no that it just went today. She was being rude to me for no reason and i was never rude to her the whole call!!! I just wanted to know what the hell was going on and she couldn't tell me so i told her i wanted to talk to someone that could!! I have every right in the world to be pissed off. When i write on here it is a way for me to vent my frustrations, so if u don't like it then don't read what i post!!!!!!!

mrbean Oct 11th 2002 5:13 am

Re: Rete and Mr travel

you sad thing. i certainly wont come back to read more. i doubt if the voices from hell will rush to deal with you either. change your vibe and maybe your fortune will change with you. peace.

Mooey Oct 11th 2002 5:34 am

Re: Rete and Mr travel

Waiting4.
I agree with everything you hasve said here, its exactly what I was saying the other day when I was having a real good venting session on here.. its the lying that I dont like.. I know that we have to wait and if they was consistance in what they told us when we called we would be able to cope with it.. they expect us to swear an oath to tell the truth and then they make up any old thing they like.. and yes this whole process is one of paying out money!!, and of course we pay it becuase to be with our loved ones it s all worth it,, but in paying them we are paying for a service which means that they are infact working for us and should give it there best shot to keep us happy,

P:S Mr Bean this forum is about helping each other and trying to find answers to questions,, heck this is a very frustrating thing to go through and if you are going through it also you will be able to understand that... so if you havent got any support to offer you can go rot in hell,, and the one day when you do need a shoulder to lean on dont come here looking for it..

I do not call every day, and i usually don't call even once a week!!! Also if i want to call that is my right, that is what the number is for to call. It is part of the government, i pay taxes and i paid my petition fee. So i can call as many times as i like... Also i wasn't rude to the lady, just trying to find out why i have been told so many times 1 thing and now she tells me something different. That is what set me off, because i was told so many times it was with an officer at a certain date, then she tells me no that it just went today. She was being rude to me for no reason and i was never rude to her the whole call!!! I just wanted to know what the hell was going on and she couldn't tell me so i told her i wanted to talk to someone that could!! I have every right in the world to be pissed off. When i write on here it is a way for me to vent my frustrations, so if u don't like it then don't read what i post!!!!!!!

waiting4T Oct 11th 2002 5:35 am

MR travelinbean so don't come back then. I'm not interested in what u think. Oh you are rite i am sad really sad because i miss my fiance!!

waiting4T Oct 11th 2002 5:39 am

Re:

Thanks Mooey. I'm glad someone feels the same as me. I hope we are both approved tomorrow. :)

Mooey Oct 11th 2002 5:42 am

Hi waiting4..
if they are right and as they want to put you down so much.. perhaps they are that person!!! who knows any off the people on here could work for the INS..
and if they ever did aything like put you to the bottom of the pile just for trying to find out something,, then they are breaking the Law...
I have offten thought my self that my paperwork is taking longer perhjaps because it has more pages and attachement than another!! and an officer picks a few and perhaps gets a bonus for the amount that he can approve or move so will move ones that dont have as much paperwork to read...
I am so hoping that I am wrong and that I am just getting upset at the wait but after all this time strange thoughts do go though your head... all we can do is stick together and wait.. we can do this we are better than those stuffed up shirts in that office,, we talk and treat people as humans NOT numbers

MR travelinbean so don't come back then. I'm not interested in what u think. Oh you are rite i am sad really sad because i miss my fiance!!