Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Now I feel like s**t :-(

Now I feel like s**t :-(

Old May 27th 2006, 12:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond repute
Default Now I feel like s**t :-(

One of the drivers I work with ..... If I can use the word 'Work' because in the 4 years I have known him he has always been a lazy ass MF, a typical hick who got out of anything that involved physical movement. He had a huge gut and when doctors told him two years ago that if he didn't eat healthy and change his lifestyle he would be a gonner ....... He just carried on eating crap, chain smoking and it got to a stage where he was to lazy and fat to get out of his truck and go home when he was in the yard at night, so he would spend the entire evening and night asleep in the truck when his house was only a 5 mile drive away. I was always having a go at him and called him a waste of space.

Last weds morning I got in my cab and he was asleep hooked to the next trailer. I started the engine and woke him, as I pulled out to check the trailer etc he would the window down and asked me to wind his legs up because he felt sick. I told him to do some manual work and get some excersise or he would one day just stop. He had been sleeping there for 10 hours.
I drove into Glens Falls and changed trailers for NJ, he must have passed by as I did the change over because about 150 miles later I passed him ASLEEP YET AGAIN in a rest area on I-87. .What a bone idle slob' I thought to myself.

Sunday afternoon my boss called me to tell me he died in his sleep and now I feel so guilty over how I treated him
Old May 27th 2006, 12:49 pm
who turned out the light?

Irn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Now I feel like s**t :-(

Originally Posted by Patrick Hasler
I was always having a go at him and called him a waste of space.
Well saying that to a person should make you feel guilty whether he's dead or not.
(Not guilty in the sense that it's your fault he's dead he brought that on himself sadly.)
But as long as he wasn't expecting you to do his work (I know he asked once) why harass him he's not doing anything wrong, to you?
Old May 27th 2006, 12:57 pm

Irn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond repute

Now consider your hand slapped and go off and have a good day
Old May 27th 2006, 12:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by irnbru4u
Well saying that to a person should make you feel guilty whether he's dead or not.
(Not guilty in the sense that it's your fault he's dead he brought that on himself sadly.)
But as long as he wasn't expecting you to do his work (I know he asked once) why harass him he's not doing anything wrong, to you?
You had to know they guy ..... He did everything he could to get others to do things for him. I was once running with him and stopped at a truck stop for food. I went inside with another driver and he said he couldn't be bothered to get out of his cab and would I bring him a bacon, egg and cheese bagel and 200 ciggy's ?
Two weeks ago he was bringing a load from down south for me and the boss tipped me off that he was gonna call me and make an excuse for leaving it hooked to his truck, he called me and asked me to wait in the yard as he would be driving in and had to rush off somewhere so if I didn't mind could I do the trailer drop for him. I told him it was too late and I had left the yard so he had to walk 20 feet and wind the legs down.
This guy by the way was 4 weeks younger than me.
He never even got out of the truck to use the loo ! ..... He had a porta-potty I dread to think of what they found when they emptied his cab :scared:
Old May 27th 2006, 2:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Very, very sad. Why do you think he was like that? Did he not have family to go home to? Did he have any friends?
Old May 27th 2006, 2:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by AmerLisa
Very, very sad. Why do you think he was like that? Did he not have family to go home to? Did he have any friends?
He was married and his wife adored him, he was just too lazy to drive home during the week. Sometimes his wife would drive down to the depot to bring him an evening meal, then go home.

He once told me he only had sex twice a year, aniversary and birthday ! ... When the doctor told him last year to stop smoking I told him that perhaps just a fag after sex would be ok .... What damage can two fags a year do ?

Last edited by Patrick Hasler; May 27th 2006 at 3:32 pm.
Old May 27th 2006, 3:29 pm
Account Closed

Sally is an unknown quantity at this point

He was married and his wife adored him, he was just too lazy to drive home during the week. Sometimes his wife would drive down to the depot to bring him an evening meal, then go home.

He once told me he only had sex twice a year, aniversary and birthday ! ... When the doctor told him last year to stop smoking I told him that perhaps just a fag after sex would be ok .... What damage acn two fags a year do ?
we knew a couple with 5 kids all with birthdays at the same time of year...9 months after their anniversary.
Old May 27th 2006, 3:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

He also showered twice a year if he needed it or not
Old May 27th 2006, 4:23 pm

He once told me he only had sex twice a year, aniversary and birthday ! ... When the doctor told him last year to stop smoking I told him that perhaps just a fag after sex would be ok .... What damage can two fags a year do ?
That whole story is SO sad he must have really hated himself to do all that.
Old May 27th 2006, 4:44 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by irnbru4u
That whole story is SO sad he must have really hated himself to do all that.
He was probably clinically depressed. He obviously wasn't motivated to do anything to help himself because he couldn't (in his mind) see how any life style change would help him.

Very sad for his wife and family though .
Old May 27th 2006, 4:48 pm
Account Closed

Sally is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma
He was probably clinically depressed. He obviously wasn't motivated to do anything to help himself because he couldn't (in his mind) see how any life style change would help him.

Very sad for his wife and family though .
Now you've got me feeling sad
Old May 27th 2006, 6:43 pm
Just Joined

Euphrata is a jewel in the roughEuphrata is a jewel in the roughEuphrata is a jewel in the roughEuphrata is a jewel in the roughEuphrata is a jewel in the rough

Just a question: What was his age? At least in relation to you? As you may know, older people can have difficulties with work (sex, etc...)
Old May 27th 2006, 7:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Euphrata
Just a question: What was his age? At least in relation to you? As you may know, older people can have difficulties with work (sex, etc...)
He was 4 weeks younger than me, but looked about 70, ..... I don't look a day over 68

I am by the way 52 and going on 30.
Old May 27th 2006, 7:29 pm
Just Joined

Euphrata is a jewel in the roughEuphrata is a jewel in the roughEuphrata is a jewel in the roughEuphrata is a jewel in the roughEuphrata is a jewel in the rough

He was 4 weeks younger than me, but looked about 70, ..... I don't look a day over 68

I am by the way 52 and going on 30.
Fair enough...
Old May 27th 2006, 8:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

I was picking a load up in Mansfield MA yesterday and the boss there asked how old he was, when I told him he said "Thats a very doggy year ! .... I know most people who die early seem to die in their 53rd year"
He really cheered me up ...... The bastard.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.