Reload this Page >

Not proven verdict

Not proven verdict

Old Jul 17th 2003, 4:21 am
Just Joined

geraldo1952 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Not proven verdict

Hello all
In the near future, I shall be applying for a fiance visa and intend to live in the USA (my fiance is a USA citizen) I read recently that even an arrest should be disclosed regardless of the eventual outcome of the court case. My query concerns the unique scottish verdict of "not proven". Has anyone any knowledge of how such a verdict might be viewed by the U.S. authorities? The arrest I`m referring to took place about 35 years ago and concerned a relatively minor offence (breach of the peace) and while I wasn`t found guilty, I`m concerned that I might be in some sort of legal "no man`s land". Can anyone forsee any particular issues I should be worried about?
Yours
Geraldo
Old Jul 17th 2003, 4:56 am
Up Yir Kilt

scotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of light

35 years ago was a long time - so long that I doubt it would matter, especially for a BOP.
You could always get your police record which will may or may not show this matter - if it is not their then i'm sure you know what to do with regards to dislosure!!!

I hope it was Tayside Polis who busted you! Only joking!!!!
Old Jul 17th 2003, 1:23 pm
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Not proven verdict

Don't even worry about it, it won't be taken into consideration - unless you have other offenses

Good Luck and God Bless

Patrick
Originally posted by geraldo1952
Hello all
In the near future, I shall be applying for a fiance visa and intend to live in the USA (my fiance is a USA citizen) I read recently that even an arrest should be disclosed regardless of the eventual outcome of the court case. My query concerns the unique scottish verdict of "not proven". Has anyone any knowledge of how such a verdict might be viewed by the U.S. authorities? The arrest I`m referring to took place about 35 years ago and concerned a relatively minor offence (breach of the peace) and while I wasn`t found guilty, I`m concerned that I might be in some sort of legal "no man`s land". Can anyone forsee any particular issues I should be worried about?
Yours
Geraldo