Norwich

Old Apr 20th 2012, 1:52 pm
CEM
BE Enthusiast

CEM has much to be proud ofCEM has much to be proud ofCEM has much to be proud ofCEM has much to be proud ofCEM has much to be proud ofCEM has much to be proud ofCEM has much to be proud ofCEM has much to be proud ofCEM has much to be proud ofCEM has much to be proud ofCEM has much to be proud of
Default Re: Norwich

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
Yes it was the bad boys school especially used to place the kids that he been naughty and taken into care, its in a nasty area as well.
Blimey - I thought it was the old boys' grammar! It's definitely changed in the past 30 years then!

Why don't you like the area? I think Eaton Road's lovely - I wouldn't mind being able to afford to live there!
Old Apr 20th 2012, 1:53 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CEM
Blimey - I thought it was the old boys' grammar! It's definitely changed in the past 30 years then!

Why don't you like the area? I think Eaton Road's lovely - I wouldn't mind being able to afford to live there!
I like the countryside and find Eaton a bit shabby in parts used to go pitch and putting at Eaton park ...I just don't care for that side of the city sorry
Old Apr 20th 2012, 2:11 pm
CEM
BE Enthusiast

CEM has much to be proud ofCEM has much to be proud ofCEM has much to be proud ofCEM has much to be proud ofCEM has much to be proud ofCEM has much to be proud ofCEM has much to be proud ofCEM has much to be proud ofCEM has much to be proud ofCEM has much to be proud ofCEM has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
I like the countryside and find Eaton a bit shabby in parts used to go pitch and putting at Eaton park ...I just don't care for that side of the city sorry

No, I agree with you re parts of Eaton. The bits around the park and from the school towards Ipswich Road. The park has had a bit of a facelift, but still feels a bit shabby because people don't seem to want to keep it unlittered or without graffiti.
Given the choice, I'd live a bit further out. I've lived north of the city, in the centre ( old nurses home), Golden Triangle, Drayton, Reepham and Hethersett. Next time.. who knows.. My friend lives in Shotesham and I wouldn't mind there...
Old Apr 20th 2012, 2:31 pm
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs
In fact the lenght of TIME of commute is very similar to the commute people living around the london suburbs have to get into work, tubes are often slow, and you may need to change lines, busses are very slow and, again you often have to change. People commute from Lincoln and Grimsby as well, the cost of the season ticket being less than the premium costs of living in London
I get that, but that 1.5 hrs to get to Kings Cross, followed by the slog to get to wherever you actually work. Its insane.