Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

North American Union

North American Union

Old Jan 11th 2007, 9:05 pm
Banned

moving2montreal has much to be proud ofmoving2montreal has much to be proud ofmoving2montreal has much to be proud ofmoving2montreal has much to be proud ofmoving2montreal has much to be proud ofmoving2montreal has much to be proud ofmoving2montreal has much to be proud ofmoving2montreal has much to be proud ofmoving2montreal has much to be proud ofmoving2montreal has much to be proud ofmoving2montreal has much to be proud of
Default North American Union

i mentioned the north american union here a while ago, which is an effort to merge USA, Canada and Mexico into a union of countries modelled after the EU, and i got made fun of and told I was a lunatic conspiracy theorist. however, I notice its all over the internet now and even lou dobbs from CNN has commentated on it, removing any doubt that it is NOT just some stupid conspiracy. so what does everybody think of it - good or bad, and will it happen or not???
Old Jan 11th 2007, 9:07 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: North American Union

Originally Posted by moving2montreal
i mentioned the north american union here a while ago, which is an effort to merge USA, Canada and Mexico into a union of countries modelled after the EU, and i got made fun of and told I was a lunatic conspiracy theorist. however, I notice its all over the internet now and even lou dobbs from CNN has commentated on it, removing any doubt that it is NOT just some stupid conspiracy. so what does everybody think of it - good or bad, and will it happen or not???
i thought mexico and the usa was one already
Old Jan 11th 2007, 9:08 pm
Greatly Missed. RIP

DollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TruBrit
Good one
Old Jan 11th 2007, 9:44 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TruBrit
And canada was already the 51st state
Old Jan 11th 2007, 9:46 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bob
And canada was already the 51st state
well there yer go...now what was the thread about
Old Jan 11th 2007, 9:53 pm
'mon the cowboys

texas_ranger has a reputation beyond reputetexas_ranger has a reputation beyond reputetexas_ranger has a reputation beyond reputetexas_ranger has a reputation beyond reputetexas_ranger has a reputation beyond reputetexas_ranger has a reputation beyond reputetexas_ranger has a reputation beyond reputetexas_ranger has a reputation beyond reputetexas_ranger has a reputation beyond reputetexas_ranger has a reputation beyond reputetexas_ranger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moving2montreal
Opening the debate - Regardless of what I think about it, it will happen soon enough I believe.

IMHO, its just a natural extension of NAFTA, similar to the european change in the 70's/80's (EEC as a precursor to the EU).

Seems that the Canadians have really got a bee in their bonnet about it (Little man syndrome?- 30M people compared to Mexico with 110M and US with 300M - or is it the je me souviens mentality or the soverignty issue I wonder:?)

p.s. Lou Dobbs is fiercly anti-NAU. It rips out of him every time he mentions it.
Old Jan 11th 2007, 9:57 pm
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

I don't blame the Canucks. No more socialized medicine, no more decent anything.....wouldn't you be against it?