Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

No more Eastenders.......

No more Eastenders.......

Old Oct 1st 2003, 1:24 am
BE Forum Addict

snorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Jon,

Here is another story in the press.

http://news.independent.co.uk/world/...p?story=448686
Old Oct 1st 2003, 12:39 pm

BrigieDarling will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by Taffyles
I've just been suspended from the BBCA site- I thought the moderators had gone for a tea break as posts stopped disappearing for a while- so I put the petition URL in a thread, wow, it was deleted and I was suspended in about 30 secs!
You crack me up taffy! Welcome to my world!
Old Oct 2nd 2003, 3:51 pm
SnowWhite

I had more than 250 posts deleted and have been suspended 4 times now from the BBCA discussion board!

It does seem like the buzz is getting there though, more and more newspapers are running stories on it, especially in the UK.

Try here for discussion and info.

http://12.30.241.71/saveEastenders-com/

Old Oct 5th 2003, 2:26 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: No more Eastenders.......

Being a Southerner I never watched Eastenders, But I did enjoy those quaint Northern People in Coronation Street, but have not seen it for a while, is it still running, could somebody update me to catch up..

Last seen: When that nice young Ken Barlow exam results come through: BA 2nd Class Hons, English and History... Jack and Annie Walker's daughter Joan marries teacher Gordon Davies.. there is a row in the Snug between Ena Sharples, Martha Longhurst, Minnie Caldwell, Albert Tatlock is found on his kitchen floor, suffering from high blood pressure, and Lucille Hewitt passes her 11-Plus .....update from that point please!
Old Oct 5th 2003, 3:19 pm
Forum Regular

ArsNo2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by ray6
Being a Southerner I never watched Eastenders, But I did enjoy those quaint Northern People in Coronation Street, but have not seen it for a while, is it still running, could somebody update me to catch up..

Last seen: When that nice young Ken Barlow exam results come through: BA 2nd Class Hons, English and History... Jack and Annie Walker's daughter Joan marries teacher Gordon Davies.. there is a row in the Snug between Ena Sharples, Martha Longhurst, Minnie Caldwell, Albert Tatlock is found on his kitchen floor, suffering from high blood pressure, and Lucille Hewitt passes her 11-Plus .....update from that point please!
ummm.... sorry easty fan here, but I do know that you are about 20 odd years behind by the sound of it, not sure that any of that cast are left (alive, or in the series) My sister in law is a great coronation fan - will find out if there is anywhere that you can get a proper update (Official website) - went to visit the set of coronation street etc. (They have a place near Manchester that is set up like a 'Theme Park' (without the park bit) - Brain not working this morning can't think of the word for it) We were staying at Charnock Richard at the time, visiting the Camelot Theme Park - this was back in 95/96 ? before we came out here. Can't remember where it was but must have been somewhere between there and Manchester..... have just given sister a ring she suggests that you go to ITV.CO.UK and follow threads to their Coronation Street site
Old Oct 5th 2003, 6:12 pm
Just Joined

baberly is an unknown quantity at this point

i am so devasted EE is no longer on BBCAmerica. I am writing, signing, emailing and calling as much as i can in protest. keeping my fingers crossed that it will be back on soon. cant believe ive already missed one saturday of episodes. its devasting.
Old Oct 5th 2003, 8:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Taffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond repute

LOL you crack me up Ray! Serve you right if someone takes you up on that! My Mum has watched Corrie from the beginning, want me to ask her to write it all down for you???
Old Oct 6th 2003, 3:21 am
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold

Corry has just starting a very weird love triangle, Sarah Lou..her boyfriend & her brother ( OK that would seem usual in parts of the deep south no doubt) but in this case Boyfriend has kissed brother.

I yearn for the simplistic plots of Father Ted

****, drink, arse, girls
Old Oct 6th 2003, 9:14 am
BE Enthusiast

whatever will become famous soon enoughwhatever will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by Patrick
SHUT IT!!!

'WHILE MY NAME'S ABUV THIS FREAD, YOORRRRR BARRRRRRED!'
Old Oct 6th 2003, 9:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by HunterGreen
Just a wild idea but David and Victoria Beckham are big fans of EastEnders... think they'd help? I mean, they're quite famous...
You can only ask!!! Victoria's Mum and Dad's address...

FAO : V Beckham
c/o Mr & Mrs Adams
The Old School House
James Lane,
Goffs Oak
EN7
England
Old Oct 6th 2003, 10:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by whatever
You can only ask!!! Victoria's Mum and Dad's address...

FAO : V Beckham
c/o Mr & Mrs Adams
The Old School House
James Lane,
Goffs Oak
EN7
England

Oooops don't lick that envelope yet.... IT IS NOT JAMES LANE - my mistake, it is

'St James Road'

Plus for all that are interested, Capital Radio FM just announced (whilst I was in the Dentists chair LOL), on their news that over 9,000 people have complained and signed a petition that BBC America have axed Eastenders!
News is travels fast and wide doesn't it!
Old Oct 6th 2003, 11:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Taffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by whatever
Oooops don't lick that envelope yet.... IT IS NOT JAMES LANE - my mistake, it is

'St James Road'

Plus for all that are interested, Capital Radio FM just announced (whilst I was in the Dentists chair LOL), on their news that over 9,000 people have complained and signed a petition that BBC America have axed Eastenders!
News is travels fast and wide doesn't it!
This from BBC too

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/3167048.stm
Old Oct 6th 2003, 12:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by Taffyles
This from BBC too

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/3167048.stm

Well if all this press attention doesn't boost the ratings - nothing will! They have to put it back on.
Old Oct 6th 2003, 12:31 pm
Just Joined

jaffa is an unknown quantity at this point

Well, as I'm yet to travel accross the sea to the US, I've seen the new Eastenders, and what happens is ...... No, I won't risk the wrath of thousands of 'Endies' by spoiling it, but if you want to know, just ask ..... You can always get your fix from [url]www.bbc.co.uk/eastenders they do a weekly update in scene shots and and storylines. I'm having to tape it each week and send it to my fiance in the US. That is top of my list for things I'll miss when I move over there. Thought I could get BBCA to feed my habit, but now I guess I'll have to rope someone in to tape it for ME and send it over each week. Or I could just get over it ......
Old Oct 7th 2003, 6:22 pm
Go RedSox!

MrsLondon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 'Enders

In The Star today, on the soap page, it says "Outraged Eastenders fans in the US have launched a petition after the hit soap was axed there. More than 10,000 angry American fans and British expatriates have signed the online petition after BBC America pulled the show because of low ratings. Last week's announcement was made as one of the most dramatic storylines -- the return of Dirty Den -- was about to start."

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.