Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

No more Eastenders.......

No more Eastenders.......

Old Sep 27th 2003, 6:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

snorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond repute
Default No more Eastenders.......

Well, BBC America have outdone themselves again. Right before Dirty Den is due to arrive back in Albert Square they have decided to pull the show due to poor viewing figures.

Of course the poor viewing figures have nothing to do with the fact they have the show in a crappy time slot. If they had only shown it in an evening time slot a few times a week instead of Saturday afternoon when people are out doing other things.

To add insult to injury they are deleting comments of anyone pro Eastenders and anti BBCA.

I wonder what they will replace it with, oh I know, what am I thinking, we could all do with more changing rooms, and keeping up appearances.

I was really looking forward to seeing Dirty Den.............
Old Sep 27th 2003, 6:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

HunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond repute

Well, that is very, very sucky news.

I finally had my US fiancé addicted to the show, while I'm a few weeks ahead on the real BBC - and hoping to keep following it after the big move.

What's the A in BBCA stand for again - asswipes???

Elaine
Old Sep 27th 2003, 7:57 pm

BrigieDarling will become famous soon enough

Petition can be signed ...here
Old Sep 27th 2003, 7:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

HunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond repute

Brigie, that link doesn't seem to work for me...
Old Sep 27th 2003, 8:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

snorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond repute

No, it's not working for me either.

There had been 371 replies in the discussion they have going over on BBC "arses" when I last looked.

Buggers....... Lisa is going to have another shot at Phil in the next few weeks, followed by the arrival of the wonderful Dirty Den.

There is going to be a live chat on Monday with the person responsible for the decision - I am assuming Monday so they can be sure as many people as possible are at work, and unable to participate.

Grrrrrrrrr......
Old Sep 27th 2003, 8:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

I just did a Google search and found this one -
http://www.petitiononline.com/EEfans/
Old Sep 27th 2003, 8:31 pm
Get em out by Friday

tony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond repute

Don't see the point in a petition to be honest, if the ratings are down they are down, it won't change there mind. Shame though, used to like watching it when I had BBC America.

I had an idea the other day though, my brother has a cable modem and I am getting one next week...my thought is that with this super fast connection between us maybe he could hook up his computer via a TV card (or similar) and be able to broadcast a channel such as the BBC directly to me?
Old Sep 27th 2003, 8:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Well, I've signed the petition anyway.

In reality it likely has more to do with the fact that changing rooms etc, which are just fillers in the UK, are cheaper to buy than the very popular Eastenders.
Old Sep 27th 2003, 9:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Taffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond repute

They obviously phoned the wrong people for their ratings- even though they do not promote EE at all (do you ever see it advertised), and they give it an inconvenient time slot- plenty of people are up in arms about this.
If they put it on three nights a week with an omnibus like they do in UK would get even more watching than do now- and judging by the outcry on BBC AM at the moment- many many people do watch regularly and are cancelling BBCAM if they don't reconsider this decision.

They probably set up the online meeting, at the most inconvenient time, to try and escape a lot of flak they knew they were going to get. And the show is not popular? yeah right!

At the moment there are people bombarding them by phone and email- so if you want to keep EE, sign the petition, phone and email to protest. And, if you can, show up for the online meeting.

Phone:+1 301 347 2222
Fax: +1 301 656 8073
Email: [email protected]

I've got a sneaking feeling they are going to offer EE on some kind of pay-per-view or something, the timing of this is fishy...they ditch the show just after Lisa walks in and just before Dirty Den makes a comeback, with very little warning hmmm.

Here's the BBC forum too- they are deleting posts left right and centre but some are still making it through. You might have to wait a little to get on the site- its very busy right now

http://discussions.bbcamerica.com/th...405&msRange=15

Last edited by Taffyles; Sep 27th 2003 at 9:31 pm.
Old Sep 27th 2003, 10:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Wow, I posted over on BBCA and my post was deleted - I suggested people use a popular search engine to find the petition they were not allowing others to link

I think the key to revoking decisions like this is media interest. Rather than mailing all the cable providers, mailing the press might help out.

The Guardian ran a story last year when they tried to mess with Eastenders before.

http://media.guardian.co.uk/broadcas...777983,00.html

I quoted this story and mailed the editor.

I love my Eastenders, I know a lot of people are Eastenders snobs, but there is nothing like a bit of Albert square, a cup of tea and a choccy digestive when you are feeling a bit homesick!!
Old Sep 27th 2003, 11:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

bromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to behold

I agree with Taffles - BBCA definitly have had an agenda for the last year or so.

I remember when EE was on 3 times a day 3 days a week and then the ominbus on a Sunday. Then it was 2 times a day, 3 days a week plus the Sunday omnibus. Then they went to just the ominbus on a Sunday and then they moved it to Saturday.

I beleive like others that they have moved EE into a final bad time slot to justify cancelling the show on BBCA to only move it to their BBCA on demand channel. I remember about a year ago seeing a press release from BBCA stating that EE was so popular and that they might move it to their new on demand channel.

The way in which BBCA has conducted itself is shocking

To suddenly anounce that this was the last episode without letting their viewers have any say is under hand and cowardly. Their farce of the on-line discussion will probably be a waste of time and of course they are holding it during the day when most of their viewers are at work.

I have signed the petition and will be on-line for the discussion. I really hope it does some good but I think ultimatley actions speek louder than words.
Old Sep 28th 2003, 12:25 am
BE Forum Addict

I've been keeping an eye on the posts over at BBC America and find their censorship quite appalling. It seems they are having a lot of fun deleting posts of unhappy fans and the post count keeps going down.

Deary me, BBCA can't be having a very good day. It would seem Eastenders is not quite as unpopular as they would have us believe!!
Old Sep 28th 2003, 5:11 am
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold

The news that bbca are to drop eastenders seems to make another reason to emigrate to the us to me !
Old Sep 28th 2003, 1:35 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by doctor scrumpy
The news that bbca are to drop eastenders seems to make another reason to emigrate to the us to me !
'Well said Doctor S, I'll raise a Wild Turkey to that!
Old Sep 28th 2003, 2:47 pm
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Pulaski
'Well said Doctor S, I'll raise a Wild Turkey to that!
SHUT IT!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.