Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Nice areas for families in and around Miami?

Nice areas for families in and around Miami?

Old May 30th 2016, 5:20 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nice areas for families in and around Miami?

Originally Posted by katzgar
The hispanics have destroyed Miami except east of the freeway which has many wealthy areas. They are in the process of moving north and destroying Ft Lauderdale. I halkped run a bait shop in Davie which is near Ft Lauderdale and guys would come in wanting to dicker over the price of bait shrimp. I just talked back to them in my best Mel Brooks german gibberish. get north of Ft Lauderdale and you get back into the USA>
Well, now we all know just what a pleasant person you are.
Old May 30th 2016, 5:35 pm
Banned

katzgar has a reputation beyond reputekatzgar has a reputation beyond reputekatzgar has a reputation beyond reputekatzgar has a reputation beyond reputekatzgar has a reputation beyond reputekatzgar has a reputation beyond reputekatzgar has a reputation beyond reputekatzgar has a reputation beyond reputekatzgar has a reputation beyond reputekatzgar has a reputation beyond reputekatzgar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nutmegger
pleasant has nothing to do with it. moving there was the first time I had to have a car inspection to get car insurance. The first time I ever saw counterfeit money. The first time I heard of a Venezuelan start a "dentist practice" in a storage unit. The first time I ever saw people buy those little storage sheds that they have in front of home depot and put them in the back yard as rental units for people. The first time I ever saw occasional reports on TV about animals that were sacrificed being found. S. Florida is a special place with flea markets full of chinese crap/knock offs. Be careful at traffic lights in S. Florida in case someone runs out and lays in front of your stopped car and then claims you hit them. oh yes lets not forget the occasional pill mill raids by the feds. Be careful in restaurants, food sourcing is really......creative. Over time things will be civilized but the huge number of immigrants has swamped S. Florida just now.
Old May 30th 2016, 11:47 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

pleasant has nothing to do with it. moving there was the first time I had to have a car inspection to get car insurance. The first time I ever saw counterfeit money. The first time I heard of a Venezuelan start a "dentist practice" in a storage unit. The first time I ever saw people buy those little storage sheds that they have in front of home depot and put them in the back yard as rental units for people. The first time I ever saw occasional reports on TV about animals that were sacrificed being found. S. Florida is a special place with flea markets full of chinese crap/knock offs. Be careful at traffic lights in S. Florida in case someone runs out and lays in front of your stopped car and then claims you hit them. oh yes lets not forget the occasional pill mill raids by the feds. Be careful in restaurants, food sourcing is really......creative. Over time things will be civilized but the huge number of immigrants has swamped S. Florida just now.
The fact that you apparently don't get out much still doesn't make it acceptable to ridicule other people.
Old May 30th 2016, 11:52 pm
Banned

katzgar has a reputation beyond reputekatzgar has a reputation beyond reputekatzgar has a reputation beyond reputekatzgar has a reputation beyond reputekatzgar has a reputation beyond reputekatzgar has a reputation beyond reputekatzgar has a reputation beyond reputekatzgar has a reputation beyond reputekatzgar has a reputation beyond reputekatzgar has a reputation beyond reputekatzgar has a reputation beyond repute

You are losing focus can you prove anything I said is wrong
Old Jun 1st 2016, 5:02 am
BE Enthusiast

jeepster has a reputation beyond reputejeepster has a reputation beyond reputejeepster has a reputation beyond reputejeepster has a reputation beyond reputejeepster has a reputation beyond reputejeepster has a reputation beyond reputejeepster has a reputation beyond reputejeepster has a reputation beyond reputejeepster has a reputation beyond reputejeepster has a reputation beyond reputejeepster has a reputation beyond repute

We use the word "redneck" with impunity yet when someone criticizes people of color we get all defensive. Keep in mind that most so-called rednecks have Scot-Irish/English last names.
Old Jun 1st 2016, 12:36 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

A redneck isn't a race though... :/
Old Jun 1st 2016, 12:43 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
Jeepster makes a fair point though. You can lob all sorts of derogatory comments at a white person and nobody bats an eyelid, but make even a well reasoned and objective criticism of a "minority" and it is immediately labled as "racism".
Old Jun 1st 2016, 1:42 pm
Banned

The fact that you apparently don't get out much still doesn't make it acceptable to ridicule other people.

you are confusing fact with ridicule...shame. obviously not all hispanics are bad. The part about the storage sheds and animal sacrifice is actually a little Haiti thing. do you suppose all haitian immigrants are doing this? obviously not. Step back and take a deep breath you are hyper ventilating.
Old Jun 1st 2016, 1:54 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
That's not strictly true...

Old Jun 1st 2016, 2:02 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

The hispanics have destroyed Miami except east of the freeway which has many wealthy areas. They are in the process of moving north and destroying Ft Lauderdale. I halkped run a bait shop in Davie which is near Ft Lauderdale and guys would come in wanting to dicker over the price of bait shrimp. I just talked back to them in my best Mel Brooks german gibberish. get north of Ft Lauderdale and you get back into the USA>
I still find it inappropriate to talk back to people in gibberish and consider it ridicule.

Originally Posted by jeepster
We use the word "redneck" with impunity yet when someone criticizes people of color we get all defensive. Keep in mind that most so-called rednecks have Scot-Irish/English last names.
I did not think that the OP was talking of color, but was disparaging the lack of facility with the English language of immigrants.

Originally Posted by Pulaski
Jeepster makes a fair point though. You can lob all sorts of derogatory comments at a white person and nobody bats an eyelid, but make even a well reasoned and objective criticism of a "minority" and it is immediately labled as "racism".
I would like to think that you don't consider that making fun of someone's inability to express themselves in English by talking back to them in a silly accent is a "well reasoned and objective criticism."
Old Jun 1st 2016, 2:21 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

..... would like to think that you don't consider that making fun of someone's inability to express themselves in English by talking back to them in a silly accent is a "well reasoned and objective criticism."
Certainly not, but you quoted a full block of eight lines of Katzgar's post where he made statements about people living in garden sheds, rudimentary dental practicea, and animal sacrifice. I see those as objective criticims, and are unacceptable in the US whether you are brown, black, white, or green with blue spots.
Old Jun 1st 2016, 2:33 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Certainly not, but you quoted a full block of eight lines of Katzgar's post where he made statements about people living in garden sheds, rudimentary dental practicea, and animal sacrifice. I see those as objective criticims, and are unacceptable in the US whether you are brown, black, white, or green with blue spots.

That was not what I responded to in the initial exchange, if you take a look back. After I expressed my distaste for his handling of the language situation, he came back with the litany of dislikes as justification for having spoken to people in such a way. I don't think that the bad behavior he cites justifies his own bad behavior. I responded that if this was the first time he had come across such things as he listed, then he hadn't seen much of the world. Santeria has been around forever -- sacrifices are frequently found in the Bronx and Brooklyn, and yes, even CT. Immigrants from time immemorial have lived in horrible circumstances and there have always been people ready to exploit their need and yes, rent them space in a garden shed. There's always someone ready to offer cut price medical services without a license -- the papers have stories every day, it's not limited to the immigrant community. Do all these admittedly horrible things justify ridiculing someone who may or may not have any connection to them?
Old Jun 1st 2016, 2:40 pm

That was not what I responded to in the initial exchange, .....
I was responding to post #48, including the (entire) post that you quoted, that's all. When you quoted his entire post I would assume you were referring to the entire post. That all, it's not worth a lengthy debate about what either of us "meant".
Old Jun 1st 2016, 2:51 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

I was responding to post #48, including the (entire) post that you quoted, that's all. When you quoted his entire post I would assume you were referring to the entire post. That all, it's not worth a lengthy debate about what either of us "meant".
Sigh . . . the full story of the exchange starts at #45 and needs to be taken in context.
Old Jun 1st 2016, 2:53 pm
Banned

That was not what I responded to in the initial exchange, if you take a look back. After I expressed my distaste for his handling of the language situation, he came back with the litany of dislikes as justification for having spoken to people in such a way. I don't think that the bad behavior he cites justifies his own bad behavior. I responded that if this was the first time he had come across such things as he listed, then he hadn't seen much of the world. Santeria has been around forever -- sacrifices are frequently found in the Bronx and Brooklyn, and yes, even CT. Immigrants from time immemorial have lived in horrible circumstances and there have always been people ready to exploit their need and yes, rent them space in a garden shed. There's always someone ready to offer cut price medical services without a license -- the papers have stories every day, it's not limited to the immigrant community. Do all these admittedly horrible things justify ridiculing someone who may or may not have any connection to them?
such things may well happen elsewhere but that doesnt make them right or smart. We try to avoid dumping 5G buckets of human waste into S. Floridas canals which the rented sheds necessitate. We consider that a bad thing. saying something is ok because others do it is absurd.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.