Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Ney Year's Resolutions...how are they going?

Ney Year's Resolutions...how are they going?

Old Apr 5th 2006, 7:47 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ney Year's Resolutions...how are they going?

Originally Posted by Sarah
My mums a nurse and she said they had restricted the amount of dairy respiratory patients were given and practically all of them had improved as a result, so I decided to give it a try.
Flax seed oil is great - I think its full of EFA's
Are you tall? I was wondering because of the lower back pain you mentioned. I think tall people tend to have dodgy backs, my family are all tall and have aching backs at some point.
Another thing to consider taking for joints and stuff is Apple cider vinegar - that stuff is pretty amazing for being all round fantastic for your body.
I take Glucosamine/Chondroitin/MSN for joints but there again I am only 5'4".
Old Apr 5th 2006, 7:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Partystar
I'm boring, mines a Chicken Tikka Marsala!
How ironic is this, I move to Arizona and I live 4 blocks from a curry house, I then move to Tempe and I have another Indian 2 minutes from the house. I know how to pick places to live!
Old Apr 5th 2006, 7:48 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TruBrit
chicken jalfrezei for me pls

I'll just stick with the chippie or a nice fillet.
Old Apr 5th 2006, 7:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

oops, wrong thread

edit.
Old Apr 5th 2006, 7:52 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=Sarah]Are you tall? I was wondering because of the lower back pain you mentioned. I think tall people tend to have dodgy backs, my family are all tall and have aching backs at some point.
Another thing to consider taking for joints and stuff is Apple cider vinegar - QUOTE]

hiya...yeah i'm 5'6 tall (135lbs) and yeah you're right have a dodgy back...degenerating disc so they tell me...and some days it's pretty painful so i swim most days...also take acv (apple cider vinegar) twice a week good for flushing the system out and i take 2 efa's each morning and so far so good
Old Apr 5th 2006, 7:55 pm
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pimpbot
How ironic is this, I move to Arizona and I live 4 blocks from a curry house, I then move to Tempe and I have another Indian 2 minutes from the house. I know how to pick places to live!
Yeah, actually Indian restaurants seem to be a dime a dozen around here, it's a bit weird as I've never met an American who says they like Indian. We went to dinner with a couple from base (in England), we asked them if they liked Indian food, they said yes, so we took them to our local (most of the yanks on base, wouldn't eat off base! ).

We all ordered our food, they hardly touched it, we boxed the rest of ours up, the waiter asked if they'd like to take theirs home too, they said no & left it. You couldn’t even tell it had been touched! My guess is that they had never had Indian food before or thought it was something else!!!
Old Apr 5th 2006, 8:11 pm
Never right in the head!

Yosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sarah
My mums a nurse and she said they had restricted the amount of dairy respiratory patients were given and practically all of them had improved as a result, so I decided to give it a try.
Flax seed oil is great - I think its full of EFA's
Are you tall? I was wondering because of the lower back pain you mentioned. I think tall people tend to have dodgy backs, my family are all tall and have aching backs at some point.
Another thing to consider taking for joints and stuff is Apple cider vinegar - that stuff is pretty amazing for being all round fantastic for your body.
no, not that tall (5' 10") but I do have a really long back! my back ache was coming from 2 tore up discs that I have.

yes flax seed oil has omega 3 which is natural fatty acids that your body cannot make. I know that fish is high in omega 3 but I can't stand the taste of fish and I have read that fish oil tabs gives you fish burps so I opted for flax seed...so far so good.

Also the drop in body weight, I definitely feel more agile, but I have to keep on eye on body fat, if I drop to low, I feel all achy again, so its a very fine science.
Old Apr 5th 2006, 8:16 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by Yosser
no, not that tall (5' 10") but I do have a really long back! my back ache was coming from 2 tore up discs that I have.

yes flax seed oil has omega 3 which is natural fatty acids that your body cannot make. I know that fish is high in omega 3 but I can't stand the taste of fish and I have read that fish oil tabs gives you fish burps so I opted for flax seed...so far so good.

Also the drop in body weight, I definitely feel more agile, but I have to keep on eye on body fat, if I drop to low, I feel all achy again, so its a very fine science.

I think body weight as a lot to do with it I try to stick to around 120lbs.
Old Apr 5th 2006, 8:22 pm
Senior Moment

Sarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Yosser

I'm 5'10" too. I'm trying to get down to 160lbs, but erm... have a erm... way to go before I hit that target <cough>
Old Apr 5th 2006, 8:28 pm
The American Job

britontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
I think body weight as a lot to do with it I try to stick to around 120lbs.
I'm 5'9" 176lbs and I wouldn't say I'm fat by any means, don't you think 120lbs is a bit light, surely you'd want to look at doing certain exercises to strengthen the back, but I'm not expert on the subject.

EDIT:Sorry Jerseygirl misread your post I thought you were suggesting at 5'10" he should stick to a weight of 120lbs

Last edited by britontour; Apr 5th 2006 at 8:37 pm.
Old Apr 5th 2006, 8:33 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by britontour
exercises to strengthen the back, but I'm not expert on the subject.
for sure exercises esp back exercises strengthen and protect the discs...i'm 5'6 and weigh 135lbs and do my back exercises every morning.....i swim and take 2 efa's daily...
Old Apr 5th 2006, 8:34 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by britontour
I'm 5'9" 176lbs and I wouldn't say I'm fat by any means, don't you think 120lbs is a bit light, surely you'd want to look at doing certain exercises to strengthen the back, but I'm not expert on the subject.
No I am only 5'4" tall and small framed, take a size 5/6 US shoe so 120lb is good for me. I don't have a back problem its my knees that give me trouble, hereditary I think.
Old Apr 5th 2006, 8:35 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

for sure exercises esp back exercises strengthen and protect the discs...i'm 5'6 and weigh 135lbs and do my back exercises every morning.....i swim and take 2 efa's daily...
What are efa's?
Old Apr 5th 2006, 8:35 pm
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

I'm a fatty then (this I already knew!!!), cuz I'm the same height as you & I weigh 148lbs!!!
Old Apr 5th 2006, 8:38 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Partystar
I'm a fatty then (this I already knew!!!), cuz I'm the same height as you & I weigh 148lbs!!!
i'm pretty big boned...lol was always told i had child bearing hips i fluctuate from 140-135lbs i was 140 when i came back from the uk last time after my curries and choccie eggs but it was worth it

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.