Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Newbie Advice...Please!!!

Newbie Advice...Please!!!

Old May 8th 2009, 4:34 pm
Just Joined

RavenUK has a brilliant futureRavenUK has a brilliant futureRavenUK has a brilliant futureRavenUK has a brilliant futureRavenUK has a brilliant futureRavenUK has a brilliant futureRavenUK has a brilliant future
Default Newbie Advice...Please!!!

Hi all... new here....I have known my American gf for nearly two years, we have decided to get married in the states and me to move over there...Pensylvannia if it makes a difference. Anyway, want to know what the options are in plain English, dont understand all the forms terminology and abbreviations yet but if someone could please give me a run down or at least point me to the right threads/links would be much appreciated...Thanks
Old May 8th 2009, 4:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

lisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Newbie Advice...Please!!!

Hi and welcome to BE.
You might want to take a look in the USA marriage forum...plenty of info there to get you started.
Congrats by the way!!
Old May 8th 2009, 4:46 pm
Just Joined

RavenUK has a brilliant futureRavenUK has a brilliant futureRavenUK has a brilliant futureRavenUK has a brilliant futureRavenUK has a brilliant futureRavenUK has a brilliant futureRavenUK has a brilliant future

Damn, that was quick Thank you so much.
Old May 8th 2009, 4:55 pm
UNFORGIVABLE

YoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by RavenUK
Hi all... new here....I have known my American gf for nearly two years, we have decided to get married in the states and me to move over there...Pensylvannia if it makes a difference. Anyway, want to know what the options are in plain English, dont understand all the forms terminology and abbreviations yet but if someone could please give me a run down or at least point me to the right threads/links would be much appreciated...Thanks
Pennsylvania ! What makes you want to move here ?

Erie is a spectacular palace to live, You will never want to leave mate

Old May 8th 2009, 4:59 pm
Just Joined

She lives in Hershey area specifically....been there 4 times on visits and I love it. Plus she has a child so she cant come here anyhow as her ex wouldnt let her bring him with her.
Old May 8th 2009, 5:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

CitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond repute

She lives in Hershey area specifically....been there 4 times on visits and I love it. Plus she has a child so she cant come here anyhow as her ex wouldnt let her bring him with her.
That's a nice part of the world... Forget Erie, they get nearly as much snow as Rochester.

Best of luck with your visa application.
Old May 8th 2009, 5:06 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by CitySimon
That's a nice part of the world... Forget Erie, they get nearly as much snow as Rochester.

Thanks...it looks like a bloody minefield to me but im sure we'll work it out ....spose Id better google Earth Erie now
Old May 8th 2009, 5:10 pm
UNFORGIVABLE

YoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of light

Why does somebody always have to spoil it ??
I'm trying to lure some people up here, i don't like being the only one
Old May 8th 2009, 5:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

CitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by YoungSteve17
Why does somebody always have to spoil it ??
I'm trying to lure some people up here, i don't like being the only one
Sorry Steve.

Your plan would work perfectly until the target of your bait visits out of season and experiences -10F temperatures and six foot snow drifts in the apparent "Garden of Eden" that is Erie, Pa.

Best just lay the facts on the table before hand.

You don't hear me suggesting Rochester to anyone... Why would I want to put anyone else through the crap hole that is Rochester in winter? Lake effect snow sucks.

It really doesn't help your cause when your own signature reading "Serving my time in hell".
Old May 8th 2009, 5:17 pm
UNFORGIVABLE

Sorry Steve.

Your plan would work perfectly until the target of your bait visits out of season and experiences -10F temperatures and six foot snow drifts in the apparent "Garden of Eden" that is Erie, Pa.

Best just lay the facts on the table before hand.

You don't hear me suggesting Rochester to anyone... Why would I want to put anyone else through the crap hole that is Rochester in winter? Lake effect snow sucks.

It really doesn't help your cause when your own signature reading "Serving my time in hell".
Yea its a bit of a giveaway i guess
Old May 8th 2009, 5:20 pm
Just Joined

Damn, what I start? A P.A depreciation thread? Haha.
Old May 8th 2009, 5:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

lisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond repute

Damn, that was quick Thank you so much.
we aim to please!!
Old May 8th 2009, 5:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Damn, what I start? A P.A depreciation thread? Haha.
This is more of a north-western Pa knocking thread... Nothing against the south east of the state at all.
Old May 8th 2009, 5:26 pm
Just Joined

This is more of a north-western Pa knocking thread... Nothing against the south east of the state at all.
Yeah, I heard its a bit rough up the North...Although moving to Hershey dont match up with my dislike of chocolate and sweets
Old May 8th 2009, 5:42 pm
Dis-Member

SagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, I heard its a bit rough up the North...Although moving to Hershey dont match up with my dislike of chocolate and sweets
Hershey can't make chocolate

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.