New York Consulate

Wikiposts

New York Consulate

Old Nov 17th 2008, 4:07 am
Just Joined

peepy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default New York Consulate

Hi all,

I don't know if any one here can help me out or not but here I am anyway.

I have applied for a UK visitor visa and my flight is scheduled to leave on Nov. 21st. However, I have not received my passport back from the NYC consulate. Last time I visited UK, all I had to do was fill my application and walk up to the consulate and got the visa on the same day. Thinking that the process has not been changed (I know, I should have checked. My fault), I bought my air tickets and booked hotel and everything else.

It took the consulate 5 business days just to respond that they got the application. Further more, the email said that it will take 10 business days to process the visa. I will miss my flight if that is the case. All my vacation days approved from my work will have to be used staying at home. I am in a lot of stress just because of this. Can anyone please suggest if there is anyway to contact the consulate?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
Old Nov 17th 2008, 4:21 am
BE Forum Addict

The Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New York Consulate

Most of the people on this forum are British and so do not require visas to enter the UK! I know very little about the workings of UK consulates overseas.
There is a member on these forums called Dean who is the British Consul in Florida, he may ba able to offer you some advice if he's reading this thread.

Are you an American citizen? If you are you might want to ask again on the UK Yankee forum. http://www.uk-yankee.com/ If you are not an American then different rules may apply.
Old Nov 17th 2008, 4:21 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Although a USC amongst us may be able to help...I think you've posted your question on the wrong website. We are mainly Brits living in the US.
Old Nov 17th 2008, 4:25 am
Just Joined

The Horticulturalist, Thank you.

No, I am not a US Citizen. However, I did not have any problem acquiring a visa last time I visited UK. Thus, I don't think it should be a problem this time around either. Only thing I missed was changes in visa processing since my last visit.

Dean, are you around?
Old Nov 17th 2008, 4:26 am
Just Joined

Jerseygirl,

Your point noted. Thank you.
Old Nov 17th 2008, 5:04 am
L2, GC, Surrey, OH, TX!

MsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond repute

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...consulate+dean

look here for deans comments on nyc consulate (he is based in florida I believe!). You can search for other posts by him.
Old Nov 17th 2008, 10:57 am
BE Enthusiast

British Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow Re: New York Consulate

Originally Posted by peepy
Hi all,

I don't know if any one here can help me out or not but here I am anyway.

I have applied for a UK visitor visa and my flight is scheduled to leave on Nov. 21st. However, I have not received my passport back from the NYC consulate. Last time I visited UK, all I had to do was fill my application and walk up to the consulate and got the visa on the same day. Thinking that the process has not been changed (I know, I should have checked. My fault), I bought my air tickets and booked hotel and everything else.

It took the consulate 5 business days just to respond that they got the application. Further more, the email said that it will take 10 business days to process the visa. I will miss my flight if that is the case. All my vacation days approved from my work will have to be used staying at home. I am in a lot of stress just because of this. Can anyone please suggest if there is anyway to contact the consulate?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
Peepy,

Thanks for your question. Unfortunately, I can't help you as I don't handle visas to the UK. My colleagues in the United Kingdom Borders Agency process all visa applications and don't take enquiries regarding the status of existing visa applications. Visit www.ukinusa.fco.gov.uk and click on the visas section for more information about current visa processing times. If the UKBA have told you that your application will take 10 days to process, then you might look to re-book your flight and hotel reservations. Sorry I couldn't help further.

Dean
Old Nov 17th 2008, 2:52 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

I am closing this thread because the OP's topic is about immigration issues relating to visiting the UK.

The OP should carefully read the post immediately before this one.