Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

New site we created: KatrinaPetsNeedHelp.com

New site we created: KatrinaPetsNeedHelp.com

Old Sep 8th 2005, 11:13 pm
I'm back!

Just Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond repute
Default New site we created: KatrinaPetsNeedHelp.com

Mark and I were feeling so frustrated about everything happening in regards to Hurricane Katrina, especially the stranded pets, but we don't have a lot of money to donate. So we thought, "Well, we know web design... Why don't we create a website with links to a ton animal rescue organizations so people can make donations and learn about the rescue efforts and how to volunteer? That doesn't cost us a lot to set up, and doesn't take a lot of time, but hopefully will result in lots of donations, so why not?!"

So, that's what we did. We threw it together in less than 24 hours, and I think it turned out pretty well.

Below you'll see the banner link to our site. PLEASE take a look or at the very least pass the URL along to your friends and families. These poor animals need our help so much, even tiny donations make a difference.

Feel free to copy and paste the banner in other message boards -- anything to spread the word.

Thanks for taking the time to look at this post.

~ Jenney & Mark
Old Sep 9th 2005, 1:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Paul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New site we created: KatrinaPetsNeedHelp.com

Nice work Jenney & Mark.

I've added the banner to the rotation on our ad-server.
Old Sep 9th 2005, 2:01 am
I'm back!

Just Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Paul
Nice work Jenney & Mark.

I've added the banner to the rotation on our ad-server.
Thank you!! We greatly appreciate it.

~ Jenney & Mark
Old Sep 9th 2005, 2:17 am
Failed Expat ;-)

NJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jenney & Mark
Thank you!! We greatly appreciate it.

~ Jenney & Mark
I've added your site to my blog. I'll also post the link on some of the other forums that I visit

Anybody else with a blog on this site can add the link by copying and pasting the following code into their template:

<a href="http://www.katrinapetsneedhelp.com/" target="_blank">katrinapetsneedhelp.com</a>

Last edited by NJ_Dave; Sep 9th 2005 at 2:50 am.
Old Sep 9th 2005, 2:20 am
I'm back!

Originally Posted by NJ_Dave
I've added your site to my blog. I'll also post the link on some of the other forums that I visit
Thank you, thank you, thank you!

~ Jenney
Old Sep 9th 2005, 3:19 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Nice one
Old Sep 9th 2005, 3:22 am
BE Forum Addict

snorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond repute

Great idea! Good for you.

There is a Yahoo Group that you might want to add to your site if you haven't already. Hurricane Pets
Old Sep 9th 2005, 3:23 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

I'll add this to my board. I run a debate board on ezboard (go.ezboard.com/binternationaldebate - you have to be registered to view it). We have over 300 members, some down in the area. I'll post this. Thanks.
Old Sep 9th 2005, 3:53 am
Forum Regular

broma25 is just really nicebroma25 is just really nicebroma25 is just really nicebroma25 is just really nicebroma25 is just really nicebroma25 is just really nicebroma25 is just really nicebroma25 is just really nicebroma25 is just really nice

Thank you for taking the time to look out for the pets that so far have been neglected in this sad situation.
Old Sep 9th 2005, 5:52 am
Payed up premium member

evoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jenney & Mark
Mark and I were feeling so frustrated about everything happening in regards to Hurricane Katrina, especially the stranded pets, but we don't have a lot of money to donate. So we thought, "Well, we know web design... Why don't we create a website with links to a ton animal rescue organizations so people can make donations and learn about the rescue efforts and how to volunteer? That doesn't cost us a lot to set up, and doesn't take a lot of time, but hopefully will result in lots of donations, so why not?!"

So, that's what we did. We threw it together in less than 24 hours, and I think it turned out pretty well.

Below you'll see the banner link to our site. PLEASE take a look or at the very least pass the URL along to your friends and families. These poor animals need our help so much, even tiny donations make a difference.

Feel free to copy and paste the banner in other message boards -- anything to spread the word.

Thanks for taking the time to look at this post.

~ Jenney & Mark
Great work/idea. I'll be adobting 100's.

I'll send it to as many people as I can.
Old Sep 9th 2005, 11:56 am
You Are All Diseased

rincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond repute

Nicely done.
Old Sep 9th 2005, 12:34 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
Nice one

Indeed, as always Miss Jenney comes thru. She's a good kid.
I found two more links on a fax that just came into my office.

www.Noahswish.org
www.bestfriends.org
Old Sep 9th 2005, 3:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

ladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond repute

well done I'm really impressed, I couldnt imagine going through the heart ache of losing my beloved dog.
Old Sep 9th 2005, 4:32 pm
I'm back!

Originally Posted by cindyabs
Indeed, as always Miss Jenney comes thru. She's a good kid.
I found two more links on a fax that just came into my office.

www.Noahswish.org
www.bestfriends.org

Awww, shucks! Thanks everyone for your kind comments. We didn't do it for the compliments but it's always nice to get an ego boost now and again anyway!

(I'm not faring quite as well in the same thread on the Marriage-Based visas forum, some people actually criticized it! :scared: )

Cindy, the BestFriends.org site is already on our site, but the Noah's Wish isn't. I've been made aware of it by several people and will have Mark add it asap. With all the digging I did to find organizations, I'm surprised I didn't come across it before...

Thanks again for all your help. Just make sure you spread the word and/or make a donation to one of the outfits.

~ Jenney
Old Sep 9th 2005, 4:38 pm
Just around the next bend

dbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond repute

Good for you, Jenney and Mark. Everything in one place, I like that. Well done!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.