Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

New Naturalized Citzen

New Naturalized Citzen

Old Dec 3rd 2007, 11:35 pm
Just Joined

danny11 will become famous soon enoughdanny11 will become famous soon enough
Default New Naturalized Citzen

One more thing do I have to take my natz certificate to the social security office so that they may update my status to US citizen from permanent resident? Do I need to take my natz certificate to the DMV so they could update my status from green card holder to US citizen.

Thanks you guys terrific and so helpful. Much appreciated.
Old Dec 4th 2007, 12:40 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New Naturalized Citzen

Originally Posted by danny11
One more thing do I have to take my natz certificate to the social security office so that they may update my status to US citizen from permanent resident? Do I need to take my natz certificate to the DMV so they could update my status from green card holder to US citizen.

Thanks you guys terrific and so helpful. Much appreciated.
Yes on the SSA and hmmm, don't know on the DMV. I would just wait until your license expires next. You will be entitled to whatever the longest one is they give to citizens in your state (provided you otherwise qualify).
I don't know that the DMV anywhere differentiates between citizens and LPRs.
Old Dec 4th 2007, 2:45 am
gurt mint nit?

Xebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New Naturalized Citzen

Originally Posted by meauxna
Yes on the SSA and hmmm, don't know on the DMV. I would just wait until your license expires next. You will be entitled to whatever the longest one is they give to citizens in your state (provided you otherwise qualify).
I don't know that the DMV anywhere differentiates between citizens and LPRs.
DMV doesn't distinguish between a GC holder and a citizen. If thats what you were saying?
They are apathetic and retarded with everyone

(actually, I don't recal any difference)